The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Kane for Jensen

Sweet lines, you're overvaluing Kane though.

And he's hurt.

But Winnipeg is playing fairly well without Kane and could use some depth for if they make the playoffs.

I don't think they are interested in prospects right now, ie Jensen.

If we did get Kane I'd love to see

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Kane Horvat Kassian

Burrows Bonino Jensen

Kennings gaunce Hansen

next year.

So my offer to the jets would be

Mattias , Higgins , Sbisa

For

Kane

Don't resign Richie

Man that's a garbage offer.

I'm sorry but this isn't even close. We will have to offer Winnipeg at least Kassian, Higgins, Sbisa AND Jensen for them to even consider trading Kane.

First of all I really doubt Winnipeg can take three roster players, 4 if they are considering keeping Jensen up.

So the deal would have to be 2 roster player (or 1 roster + 1 prospect) + pick, similar to the Kesler deal. Now it all comes down to which propspect, player and pick. Jensen could actually be considered a roster player if Jets would like him to play for them now

I'd be up to do Higgins, Shinkaruk, 1st (2016) for Kane right now. I don't think Winnipeg would get a better offer than that but I'm biased.

I don't think it's that farfetched.

When you compare Kesler to Kane, Kane is younger, maybe higher ceiling, but injured alot and attitude problems. While Kesler is older (just past his prime) but is an estalbished veteran on a decent contract, who proved his value. So they should be similar in value.

Higgins can be compared to Sbisa

Shinkaruk is unproven but higher ceiling than Bonino. Edge Bonino right now, but similar value.

1st 2016 is a gamble, it's in two years (1.5), can be anywhere between from 5 to 25. But the 24th overall we got was a 24th not in a deep draft. So value is similar.

We shouldn't pay much more than that and I don't think Winnipeg will get that much more for him either.

So not saying I'd do this deal cause I dont wanna say give up on Jensen and I like him. I see potential... BUT. Jensen has struggled the last couple years. Last year 21 pts in 54 games and only 4 pts in 20 games year prior to last. This year he is struggling again. Not a lot to base off for Jensen. But its been reported by Freidman that Wpg is willing to take a grade A prospect alone for Kane. So wanted to know what everyone thinks? Would it be worth it Kane for Jensen or giving up to soon?

It's funny to go back and look at how off these Kane proposals were. I know Winnipeg also trade Bogosian, but they got a top young defenseman, a top six veteran forward and essentially three first rounders (all worth as much or more than Jensen). The real package for Kane was about five times more valuable than this proposal

Archived