The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sven Baertschi to Canucks

Just now, J.R. said:

If we're making any upgrades to the top 6 this summer, we have the cap space to not need shop at the bargain bin (Grabner). Think more like Okposo IMO.

Sedin, Sedin, Okposo/Sutter
Baer, Horvat, Sutter/Okposo
Etem, Vey, Hansen

I thought okposo at first but I would rather see us spend more money on defence. but if we could manage to do both I think okposo would be a good fit.

Just now, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I thought okposo at first but I would rather see us spend more money on defence. but if we could manage to do both I think okposo would be a good fit.

We should have $15m+ to spend on UFA's depending on further moves. 6'ish for Okposo would still leave us 8+ for D.

18 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

what about Grabner in the mean time until boeser is ready, he has shown he can score in the NHL and I don't think he would be too expensive.

Grabner could only score while John Tavares was his linemate. We have the room, I'd go all in. 

On January 22, 2016 at 5:03 PM, MedicineHatCanuck said:

Found this one funny since Jensen is gone now.

First 10 pages of this thread

Whats funny was flames reaction to this trade.  It's e exact same thing as us almost.

"all we got in return was a second??!!" Lame fans

"we gave up a second for him?" Nucks fans.

12 minutes ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

true I just think we will have around 10 mill at the end baertschi biega vey and etem but I agree we need to target D. Okposo would be pretty sick too

We should also take next year into consideration as well. Next year we have Burrows, Horvat, Hutton and Markstrom coming off the books. That's about 5.5 million to resign Horvat, Hutton and Markstrom. We need to keep some cap space open for next year as the first wave of youth look for their new contracts.

57 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

^Miller will be off the books too after next season. That's an additional $6m and pretty sure if Markstrom keeps playing the way he is, JB will look at moving Miller out and getting an asset(s) back.

Too bad Miller's contract doesn't expire this summer. I bet Montreal would have paid handsomely...

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Too bad Miller's contract doesn't expire this summer. I bet Montreal would have paid handsomely...

Think they'd pay more for goal scoring than anything...don't know why they don't trade for 1 or 2 scoring threats. Would really give them the extra push. Have the best goalie in the world. Sound defense. Sound forwards, but just need to score a tad more so they're not always relying on the goalie/defense.

Vrbata please? 

Archived