The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 NHL Entry Draft [June 24-25th || Buffalo, New York]

Hey everyone!

So after the success of the draft, I was approached by the site manager for EliteProspects. He said that they were contacted many times during the draft to ask for my opinions on players, but I wasn't there at the draft. It was a huge success and I had fun writing prospect profiles.

I'm going to be in charge of writing some of the profiles for next year's draft as well.

Here is our list so far:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/draftcenter.php?year=2016

If you guys see any prospects for the 2016 Draft that aren'ton the list, please don't hesitate to let me know, and I'll add them!

Thanks CDC for making 2015 such a fun and anticipated Draft! The players that the Vancouver Canucks selected were of great quality and character. At least four of them have a solid professional future!

I have a feeling this is the draft Benning is eying. He has expressed his interest in this draft, and we will have assets to move. We will have a few pending UFAs like bxa to move. Horvat is poised to replace Bonino down the middle while Gaunce, Cassels, and Vey will fill Horvat's spot in the next couple years. Bonino could net a fair return. Contenders will be interested in a 40-50 point guy with a beautiful cap hit. This next year could be very interesting

Couple of really good goalies. Like first round selection worthy good. Otherwise it's not that good of a draft for goalies.

Seems really deep on Wingers and Defenceman, good thing those are two areas in which we Lack (heheh a pun) in

They guy's a physical specimen. Too bad his brain just doesn't keep up

Day would be a nice add, but Chychurn would be much nicer. The guy is a game breaker, he would be an unbelievable add.

First rounds looks stacked with defence man next year. Hopefully we can aquire a 2nd first and maybe a 2nd second. It really does look like the type of draft where you will be able to find a defenceman no matter where you draft in the first round

Archived