The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(discussion) next yrs roster and young guns overperforming

im just wandering what if virtanen, baerchi and gaunce have monster training camps what will benning do keep them all out and unload a ton of vets

jake virtanen - speed and huge hits will help our third line be even more like a 1c line

kenins horvat virtanen on third will out hustle and hit everything in sight causing chaos and scoring on top teams opposition

Gaunce - big body plays well in key moments in games has done well in first pro season.

would do well on a line with mattias and dorsett mucker line would crash and bash

Baerchi - cost us a second rounder will def be in bigs next yr in top six no way benning will lose him on waiver wire.

baerchi sedin and kass as our first line would be good lets daniel and vrbata form a deadly second snipe line.

I really see us making a bunch of trades higgins, hansen, richardson for picks and prospects.

if tanev wants more than 3.75 benning will keep corrado and clenndenning as much cheaper options plus tanev could be packaged with bonino and jensen which could get us a young elite talent.

couturier and hagg or morin would be nice on this team but im sure phili considers morin untouchable but you never know.

benning might even think of buying burrows out if he doesnt waive his ntc eecially if we have 4-5 youngsters on entry level contracts thats why all these vets should be gone we get younger cheaper faster meaner.

Hopefully benning finds a ton of gems in draft more players like forsling and mccann and subban.

cassels, subban, hutton, mceneny, liberati, mcnally playing in utica will be awesome next yr as well.

dcorp in utica would do well

pedan hutton

subban mceneny

mcnally liberati

biega

All i know im excited about next yr so many young guys pushing for spots thanks to gillis and benning.

i like to look at next year's roster as no prospects making it....if they can , great we had 15 forwards

and 10 d-men who have played this year...

if we move richardson and higgins, we have 13 forwards...and if they move one d-man....they will be at full roster...if some prospects can crack the line up, then more players need to be moved...and one goalie...

i'm glad the canuck brass will be making those decisions.

So what team/GM ISN'T excited about next year? If our current team (& roster surplus is legitimate), we need to target such a counterpart, offering a package-deal for a key piece they hold, and/or high pick.

Really hope JB can sell a few pieces(for a strong return) this summer. Keep recycling our peripheral pieces for a brighter future, instead of losing excess to waivers & contract restraints.

So what team/GM ISN'T excited about next year? If our current team (& roster surplus is legitimate), we need to target such a counterpart, offering a package-deal for a key piece they hold, and/or high pick.

Really hope JB can sell a few pieces(for a strong return) this summer. Keep recycling our peripheral pieces for a brighter future, instead of losing excess to waivers & contract restraints.

oilers fans arent cz they know they will suck again

Richardson is an UFA, so he'll likely won't be re-signed. I'd like to see Higgins and maybe Vey moved in the off-season to clear the log jam.

With all the depth at forward, I wouldn't rush virtanen at all and give him another year in junior.

I would also look to trade Bieksa instead of tanev and use that money to re-sign Tanev. I also hope as hell we re-sign Matthias and Dorsett

My 2015-16 lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Matthias-Bonino-Hansen

Burrows-Gaunce-Dorsett

Extra forward: Kenins

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Clendening

Sbisa-Corrado

Stanton

Miller

lack