The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) Draft Day Trade

If Barzal is gone by the time we pick, i would try to get a good NHL ready prospect for our 1st. Something like:

To EDM:

2015 1st(16-30)

Higgins

To VAN:

Yakupov

Then:

To NJ:

Vey

To VAN:

2015 2nd(35-40)

Basically move Higgins for a roster spot for a prospect.

Instead of developing a player with our 1st we get an NHL prospect, former 1st overall pick. Would also boost out PP.

And flip Vey for a 2nd to get a D prospect.

I can't believe how many proposals I see everyday that include Vey being traded. Do you guys not remember the fact that Benning personally traded for him not even a year ago, because he's WD's medicine hat pet. No way Vey get's moved.

To EDM:

2015 1st(16-30)

Higgins

To VAN:

Yakupov

I'd hesitate to trade this year's first (not too high on Barzal anyways) but would rather get an offensive defenseman prospect. Is Yak proving himself to be legit? I mean it wasn't only until recently that he's starting to score again, and his defensive ability is not very strong. Then again, if it only costs Higgins+ (not a first) to get Nail I'd take that.

Would trade Vey for someone like Eric Gelinas, not just a 2nd.

I'd hesitate to trade this year's first (not too high on Barzal anyways) but would rather get an offensive defenseman prospect. Is Yak proving himself to be legit? I mean it wasn't only until recently that he's starting to score again, and his defensive ability is not very strong. Then again, if it only costs Higgins+ (not a first) to get Nail I'd take that.

It would take more than just Vey for gelinas. But we could draft a player like him or better with a 2nd round pick. Especially with Benning

It's only recently his play has picked up because it's only recently they got a center of reasonable quality for him to play with in the form of Derek Roy.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/03/04/oilers-winger-nail-yakupov-sees-offence-revived-with-centre-derek-roy-head-coach-todd-nelson

This is somewhat feasable from the Oilers point of view, the Oilers only know how to draft in the first round, but Vancouver has already taken on their prospect/project player in Baertsi this year, they don't need another damaged goods prospect that may or may not turn out, and especially not at that price.

Archived