The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks switching jerseys?

VANcanucks92

Johnny Canuck looks like a Vancouver hipster. Should go with the stick in rink or back to the skate. The orca was also horrible as are the Millionaires jerseys... who wants to wear purple and beige? That's a colour coordination reserved for grandmothers.

I like the skate but simply for nostalgia purposes but everything else you said is spot on.

Johnny Canuck looks like a Vancouver hipster. Should go with the stick in rink or back to the skate. The orca was also horrible as are the Millionaires jerseys... who wants to wear purple and beige? That's a colour coordination reserved for grandmothers.

Johnny Canuck looks like a lumberjack. Which is the perfect identity for BCs only NHL team. And if he looks like a "Vancouver hipster" then hey, that's fitting too.

The orca was, still is and will forever be horrible as a Canuck logo.

Let's hope our thirds finally see the playoff spotlight. The last time the Canucks wore their thirds, it was back in '07 and the guy that scored the series-winning goal is now the President of Hockey Operations.

please don't compare this beauty with the current cartoonish crap, it's insulting

please don't compare this beauty with the current cartoonish crap, it's insulting

How is the current third "cartoonish crap"? What I like about the updated Stick ' n Rink compared to the original away version is that the white negative space makes the 'C' stand out a lot better and, along with the silver outline, prevents the green from bleeding into the blue.

The very original version from '70-'72 is indeed a classic but the crest should never have been inverted on the blue jerseys.

Minnesota wore their disgusting, pukable alternate jersey during last year's playoffs

Really? I really like Minnesota's alternates actually. They're classy, and the green and cream blend beautifully together. I don't like their red ones though, and I'd like the white jersey better if they changed the logo.

Really? I really like Minnesota's alternates actually. They're classy, and the green and cream blend beautifully together. I don't like their red ones though, and I'd like the white jersey better if they changed the logo.

my problem is, i pretty much hate everything about today's fashion sense and minnesota's 3rd jersey is no exception. i really miss the old baggy nike jerseys with modern looking, eye-pleasing designs

ows_139899760773375.jpg

my problem is, i pretty much hate everything about today's fashion sense and minnesota's 3rd jersey is no exception. i really miss the old baggy nike jerseys with modern looking, eye-pleasing designs

ows_139899760773375.jpg

The modern jerseys are much better. The old ones looked like the players were wearing ponchos.

ows_139899760773375.jpg

I love Minnesota's current and original jerseys(minus the custom font).

What I absolutely HATE about that franchise is their stupid and bushleague team name. If Minny can't/won't get back the North Stars iconic brand(see NBA Charlotte Bobcats -> Hornets), then go with Moose(AHL Manitoba was originally based in Minnesota), or Fighting Saints(Minny's WHA team). Any team name that says "big league hockey" instead of sounding like it belongs in a Tier 2 sports league. And no matter what the name is, Minnesota is always a GREEN team.

Back to the Canucks, they played a strong playoff game last night but now it's time to change things up....wear the classy Stick 'n Rink 3rd jerseys at home. Just like when the Sharks wore their black 3rds in the post season(GAWD, those black garbage bags are dull and ugly).

What I absolutely HATE about that franchise is their stupid and bushleague team name.

the most frustrating thing is one of the finalist team names was the northern lights which is way way better than the wild crap.

anything that's associated with north or northern evokes pure hockey: northlands coliseum, north stars, true north sports and entertainment... besides, is there a more cool geographical term than pacific northwest? :rolleyes:

the most frustrating thing is one of the finalist team names was the northern lights which is way way better than the wild crap.

anything that's associated with north or northern evokes pure hockey: northlands coliseum, north stars, true north sports and entertainment... besides, is there a more cool geographical term than pacific northwest? :rolleyes:

Yeah, Minnesota had a choice of six nicknames: Blue Ox, Freeze, Northern Lights, Voyageurs, White Bears, and Wild.

Northern Lights would have been good. They could have re-used & slightly modify the North Stars N logo in some fashion.

Other nicknames I can't stand are the Lightning, the Hurricanes, the Avalanche & the Flames.

Yeah, Minnesota had a choice of six nicknames: Blue Ox, Freeze, Northern Lights, Voyageurs, White Bears, and Wild.

Northern Lights would have been good. They could have re-used & slightly modify the North Stars N logo in some fashion.

Other nicknames I can't stand are the Lightning, the Hurricanes, the Avalanche & the Flames.

Flames is a great team name(yes, Calgary is our nemesis) and at least, the Lightning are known as the Bolts, the Avalanche -> the Avs(just improve those uniforms) and the Hurricanes -> the 'Canes(flush out the toilet swirl logo).

Northern Lights would have been great too. An updated 'N' logo with kelly green and yellow/gold.

Archived