The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks switching jerseys?

VANcanucks92

Actually you'd be wrong. Quinn played a big role in the change to the Orca logo. He wasn't in favor of changing at all unless it was to something that actually represented where the team played. Which the Orca does. He contracted more than one artist to submit new logo designs. There was no specifics as to what it had to be other than representing where the team played. Of the designs submitted (if I recall correctly there was six considered) his preference was the Orca logo and it was the one he recommended to ownership. It really had nothing to do with Orca Bay Entertainment and Sports. A name chosen because of the whales off our coast. Quinn talked about the process shortly after the new logo was unveiled in an interview.

Some, like you, prefer your own version of the events though. Blaming McCaw and Orca Bay works better for your dislike of the logo. I'd actually respect your opinion more if you simply said, "I don't like the Orca logo" instead of making crap up to justify your dislike. Everybody has different taste and no matter what the logo is you'll never get everybody on board. Hell, some actually like the piss yellow flying V jersey. I love the Orca logo because it is very west coast and does rep where the team plays. Far, far better than a hockey rink or an Ottawa create political cartoon character. But that's my opinion and I don't need to make crap up to justify it.

I don't make "crap" up. I don't dislike the Orca. I HATE the Orca. And for the very reasons that I've mentioned. Like Montreal and Toronto, we have a nationally-themed team name, named after a character whose occupation stems deep in BC history.

Much peace Mr. Baggins.

I don't make "crap" up. I don't dislike the Orca. I HATE the Orca. And for the very reasons that I've mentioned. Like Montreal and Toronto, we have a nationally-themed team name, named after a character whose occupation stems deep in BC history.

Much peace Mr. Baggins.

Someone got owned. Why you making stuff up about Quinn?

Just let it go. I will say the MAJORITY of canucks fans want the Orca to stay.

Someone got owned. Why you making stuff up about Quinn?

Just let it go. I will say the MAJORITY of canucks fans want the Orca to stay.

Why are you making stuff up that the "MAJORITY" of Canuck Fans want the orca to stay? That's your assumption.

Otherwise, if your assumption is correct, then we wouldn't be constantly getting threads about Canucks logo/jersey change.

Actual fact, on the Dorca Whale birthing out of the Cracked Out C logo, is that the majority of Canuck fans don't like it.

Wasn't he... "Fired" by the Gillis regime after some less-than-shiny-yet-perfectly-honest comments on the Canucks?

That's the rumour. Yes, he was forthright & honest about the Canucks game play. He was a great colour man, who didn't hold any punches.

Lol i can just imagine the Canucks trotting out the JC beer league sweater in New York, Chicago, LA, Winnipeg and having them play Monty Python's lumberjack song at 120 decibles. The Nucks would be down 1zip just on the laughter alone.

Better than the orca.

we play better in the stick in rink. time to use it now and for the rest of the playoffs.

My sentiments exactly. Unfortunately, they can only use the SIR blue jerseys for home games. Since they currently don't have the SIR white jerseys.

As much as I support Johnny Canuck, I've always loved and appreciated the simplicity and elegance of the Stick 'n Rink C.

As for only wearing the 3rds at home, wouldn't it be nice to get on a run and win the very first Cup at home...wearing those beautiful S&R jerseys? :) Even Trevor loves the S&R.

Any new jerseys should not have the Vancouver on them. That just reminds the refs how much they despise Vancouver.

Also, any new Canuck jersey should have a logo that doesn't have an animal birthing out it that has got nothing do do with the team's nickname.

In the near future (sooner, the better), the Canucks should retire the...

... Constipated-looking Orca-birthing from the Cracked-out C logo!!!!

Archived