The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks | Flames lead series 1-0

-Vintage Canuck-

I agree, I think Baertschi would play with fire against his old team and as a pure offensive skill would add a lot to a second line with Vrbata, until Kassian comes back, then move him with Sedins and then slot Burr and Vrby.

Matthias has 7 (?) points I believe against western conference teams. He plays soft for such a big guy and has shown he's not tough enough for the western conference in my opinion. He looked ok last game, but I think Kassian is way better than him, with more grit and offensive upside, but don't know if he will be back.

Scratch Matthias, put Baer on second line and drop Higgins so we have our bottom nine as very defensively reliable, and put a bit more speed and talent into the top 6. Look at what Bennett has done, imagine Baertschi doing that for us.

Matthias was actually one of the only players that actually went to the net. Higgins did jack all. I know he has some playoff grit but if we get down two I have no problem swapping him with Sven.

Calgary came into the playoffs after playing tough compétition. The Canucks in the other hand ended their season playing Oilers and Yotes. We gotta get our playoff gears going.

I'd say they outplayed Calgary for 40-45 mins of the 60 on wednesday, they just couldn't score. That should have been 3-0 going into the third.

I would sit Matthias or Richardson. They look banged up/rusty.

Probably Matthias since Richardson is needed for faceoffs. If Canucks lose again today they need a major shakeup. Baertschi would provide an instant spark.

I might give Vey a chance too if the Richardson line doesn't show something tonight.

They were matching them on speed and skill, what are you talking about.

I'm not sure all the hitting was called for though, it seemed to tire our team out by the 3rd as we are not used to it. It also made little sense/difference because we are not big enough to do any real damage.

I still Calgary is faster and slightly more skilled especially on d where they have 3 very mobile guys in Wideman,Russell,and Brodie.

We played well and the only thing I would change would be to cut out the hitting, it affected us more than them.

I guess I wish the Canucks were younger faster bigger and more physical like the Jets or Anaheim. Even if they slip past Calgary they are going to face a physical team in round 2.

Sucks we lost last night, but I think the absolutely BEST part about the game last night was the fact the refs did a very good job in my opinion, and the game lacked dirty plays. Such a breath of fresh air to see QUALITY hockey and none of the antics from teams like LA and Boston.

Well, that was nice while it lasted lmao. Let the playoffs officially begin...

Refs are going to miss calls. They are human. And that call has nothing to do with dirty plays, which was the point HKSR was making.

The problem is intentionally missing calls, which wasn't the case in game 1.

He said the refs did a pretty good job. The dirty plays bit was after the first statement.

Its ok I read posts hastily too and jump to wrong conclusions sometimes after all were all just human :)

Archived