The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks | Flames lead series 1-0

-Vintage Canuck-

Yup I know what u mean... As soon as we lost I had to switch off the sports channels. Had we won I'd watch the post game stuff for hours.

good to see you're ok, I expected to turn on global news this morning to hear about you throwing yourself off the port mann

To be honest though guys. I might be the minority, but if the Canucks lose to Calgary. I wouldn't mind cheering for them the rest of the playoffs. They are a hard working team, and I like the young guns. Lets hope it doesn't come to this point and the Canucks get back on the horse and own the Flames. But if it doesn't happen, and they beat us. Then I hope Calgary makes it far.

I thought we outplayed the flames for 50 minutes.

We drove the play for most of the game and Calgary wasn't generating ANYTHING aside from Bennett.

Our d-zone coverage is very nonchalant and that's a concern, as well as our breakouts **cough**Edler**cough**.

We deserved to win that game so i don't know what everyone on the first page was whinning about.

I thought we outplayed the flames for 50 minutes.

We drove the play for most of the game and Calgary wasn't generating ANYTHING aside from Bennett.

Our d-zone coverage is very nonchalant and that's a concern, as well as our breakouts **cough**Edler**cough**.

We deserved to win that game so i don't know what everyone on the first page was whinning about.

We had control of the game until the very end...before that winning goal,we were hemmed in our own zone for a good 45 seconds..and were giving out odd man rushes like candy...We stopped skating.

The good thing about this team is they seem to come back even stronger from losses.

There was that one point in the middle of the season where we just kept losing and I thought we were done, then all the sudden they came back and started beating all the good teams.

I think you nailed the whole PGT right here. This team is not like 2012 or 2013. The only similarity is that they lost game 1. But watching this team this year, there is a different feel. I can't exactly pin point it, but they are a different team. They've faced tons of adversity all year with injuries. They can rebound from this one, and it's not like they played like trash, we were one better than Calgary all night. In fact, the Flames looked like they needed a second puck out there.

Was sad yesterday night, but I'm still confident in this group. They trust each other, and they love playing with each other.

This team won't lose to the Flames.

I hate canucks fans... so god damn negative. Team played well, and extremely hard for 45 minutes, when the flames scored the momentum shifted and we started playing sloppily. Hiller won that game for them, and we took it to the Flames for the majority of the game. All we need is more finish, I agree maybe slotting Baertschi in would be good for some more offense, but need to adjust after the second game. It's one game and Calgary is a strong team... but this is a seven game series, have some faith in this team. The majority of you guys are so god damn negative, and thats why rogers arena is so damn quiet, and we chase away our best players. People are too critical and don't give praise when needed, god makes me so angry.

Sucks we lost last night, but I think the absolutely BEST part about the game last night was the fact the refs did a very good job in my opinion, and the game lacked dirty plays. Such a breath of fresh air to see QUALITY hockey and none of the antics from teams like LA and Boston.

Have to agree with this. First time in a long time that I haven't seen much of game management in the playoffs.

Good job refs, keep it up.

Losers of 11 of 12 playoff games, 7 in a row at home.

Those numbers will clearly start to average themselves out.... please.

Was talking to a Flames fan today and he was saying how it feels like they finally are ready to win a series again.

After the Iginla core went to the finals, they never won a single playoff series again. Went 0-4. They lost a couple game 7 heartbreakers, and by the 3rd playoff appearance after the finals the fans, and some of those players just had that waiting for a way to lose the game mentality.

I think he was messing with me. But it worked.

How do you explain the first goal then ?

I must admit I never noticed until it was pointed out. But once pointed out its hard to explain the non call.

Refs are going to miss calls. They are human. And that call has nothing to do with dirty plays, which was the point HKSR was making.

The problem is intentionally missing calls, which wasn't the case in game 1.

I hate canucks fans... so god damn negative. Team played well, and extremely hard for 45 minutes, when the flames scored the momentum shifted and we started playing sloppily. Hiller won that game for them, and we took it to the Flames for the majority of the game. All we need is more finish, I agree maybe slotting Baertschi in would be good for some more offense, but need to adjust after the second game. It's one game and Calgary is a strong team... but this is a seven game series, have some faith in this team. The majority of you guys are so god damn negative, and thats why rogers arena is so damn quiet, and we chase away our best players. People are too critical and don't give praise when needed, god makes me so angry.

Anyone else see the irony here? What a negative post....

Sigh...it's not all "Canucks" fans...it's a few...

bandwagoners quitting after one loss and 1 goal. Just laugh and don't pay attention to the negative people.

Anyone else see the irony here? What a negative post....

Sigh...it's not all "Canucks" fans...it's a few...

The lazy way to be perceived as the best of something is to belittle everyone else. A few people that think they are superfans are actually the worst of us.

I want to see Bonino start shooting again. At the start of the season he was shooting everything. He has a fast shot with a quick release.

Hard to shoot when your having to get all the pucks for Vrbata and Higgins can't make a pass to you

Wish Kassian would come back quick

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Bonino Vrbata

Is a much better top 6

Archived