The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Acquire M.Foligno from Buffalo

23 yr old, 6'3'' 223lbs. Rugged winger who had almost 200 hits this year in 60ish games.

Could be a nice add to our bottom six, might be a good winger for Horvat on the 3rd line maybe?

He would fit the bill of adding some size, with grit who can skate.

Bot sure what Buffalo would want in return. If we Keep Miller and Lack, maybe we offer Markstrom straight up as I doubt he will stay here if one of our two goalies arent moved.

Possible offers for Foligno: Markstrom, Jensen, Grenier

Foligno Horvat Kassian

That could be a hard hitting line with some offensive upside imo

Thoughts?

I like the deal. I think it's pretty fair. Foligno and Kassian could be a dominate wing combination. Imagine the difference a healthy Kassiand and a Marcus Foligno would have made this series. I think it's a good deal.

That being said, if I'm not mistaken, Buffalo is where he is from. Idk how inclined Buffalo would be to move a homer kid like that.

it would probably cost a horvat...if i was buffalo, i would want a horvat.

I cant see it costing that. We walk away for sure.

jensen could be a good straight up trade. Change of scenary for both guys, they get a more scoring type winger, we gain someone with some size and grit, who has some hands aswell

Markstrom, Jensen, Sbisa

we dont need to give up all 3. Doubt they want sbisa, but hey sbisa and markstrom i would do, be happy loosing that cap hit, target MDZ for a pp qb with some of that coin

As for Virtanen with horvat and Foligno, it is a possibility, maybe in another year or two. I dont want to see Virtanen rushed, like to see him fill out a bit more before he comes to the bigs and plays the type of game he likes to

Foligno and Kassian played on the rochester team in 2011/12. Not sure if they were linemates though.

If they did maybe it will rekindle the more aggressive side of Kassian

I believe they actually were. They were a rugged crash and bang type of line.

I believe they actually were. They were a rugged crash and bang type of line.

if thats the case, im all for acquiring him. That could be a young hard line to play against, exactly what we need.

Bo brings that solid 2 way game and his speed has really impressed me as the season progressed. Foligno and Kassian have size and decent speed and hands. Both if playing the right role would bring that physical element we lack aswell

mattias and markstrom for foligno and a 3rd if mattias resigns with them

richardson for a 4th

bonino and hamhuis and jensen for couturier and a first

bieska for a 2nd and 3rd

higgins for a 2nd

hansen for a 2nd

weber for a 3rd

sedin sedin kassian

baerchi couturier vrbata

foligno horvat virtanen

burrows gaunce dorsett

edler tanev

sbisa corrado

stanton clendenning

lack

miller

team gets more size skill youth plus harder working team thats more defensively reliable even with rookies

• 2 weeks later...

*BUMP*

I'd say Marcus is somewhat like what Sven was for Calgary, in that he started off red-hot (had 13 points in his first 14 NHL games) but then tailed off big time, so much so that he only finished with 20 points in 57 games this past season. In other words, the sheen has definitely rubbed off a bit.

I'd trade one of Linden/ Markstrom/ a 2nd (from trading someone like Higgins or Juice) to get him and honestly don't think it'd cost much more than that. Sure he did play in their Top-6 but on a tanking team they'd want to let their kids see more time and hopefully develop. We could use him on the 3rd line though, with the potential to add sandpaper to a scoring line as a net presence, and Markstrom would be the right age to fit into the growing Sabres' youth movement.

Archived