The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins can produce but we need a power forward on their line

Billy18

Obviously a devastating loss, but I learnt from this year that the Sedins can still give this team a lot and even against the physical flames they were able to produce. However, I think we can really use a tough/physical forward that can fight in front of the net and also finish the chances that Henrik creates... Henrik's is still one of the best passers/play-makers in the league in the league and that style of play I don't think is effected much by age... I hoped Kassian would've been on that line but he was injured and didn't really live to the expectations as a power forward.

Also, I think Nazem Qadri would a good option if he's available as Centre perhaps on the 2nd line... he might be available cuz of his problems with his team...

Obviously a devastating loss, but I learnt from this year that the Sedins can still give this team a lot and even against the physical flames they were able to produce. However, I think we can really use a tough/physical forward that can fight in front of the net and also finish the chances that Henrik creates... Henrik's is still one of the best passers/play-makers in the league in the league and that style of play I don't think is effected much by age... I hoped Kassian would've been on that line but he was injured and didn't really live to the expectations as a power forward.

Also, I think Nazem Qadri would a good option if he's available as Centre perhaps on the 2nd line... he might be available cuz of his problems with his team...

nailed it.

I think the Twins are absolutely phenomenal. But it's time they step aside from the leadership role. I'd actually prefer them to become Line #2.

We don't have the cast to have a different first line. The Sedins were our best performers this year by a MILE, and they didn't even have the same kind of ice time that they used to get.

Who do you want our first line to be? Horvat who had a great year but is not first line material (yet)? Virtanen? An unproven rookie who has never played an NHL game?

This team doesn't have players that can take the mantle from the Sedins yet.

I think the Twins are absolutely phenomenal. But it's time they step aside from the leadership role. I'd actually prefer them to become Line #2.

This team needs leadership with edge. The calm/collected gig has gone on for far too long with no results.

I agreed wholeheartedly!

There was a couple long sequences in that last flames game, the twins passing it between eachother, Hank behind the net, Danny in the near corner. There was no other Canuck on the Tv, coulda been a movie theatre screen,wouldn't have found another white jersey. Where the heck was the other forward???!! I was yelling at the Tv, this went on for a good 10-15 seconds, on more than one occasion. They were just left alone while the 5 flames stood between the dots and watched. This was while being down a goal in the dying minutes. I dont get what they're being taught to do, or where the play is supposed to come from. Send someone to the net, Hansen, a dman, a ***** coach, anybody. They were all just standing there out of view on the blueline.

Mind boggling.

This team needs leadership with edge. The calm/collected gig has gone on for far too long with no results.

Except, we have no one to replace or take over them.

Sedins are still #1 and 2 among our players.

Archived