The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins playing hurt

TACIC

Who specifically did he ask? Bieska?

Look, he just asked what 99% of people here wanted to know. I'm glad he had the balls to ask. Maybe Linden and Benning gave Gallagher a Starbucks card to have him test the water?

Yes, he asked Bieksa and the others up there with him at the time.

They played hurt and were still the best players in the series. Doesn't make me feel any better.

I gotta get off here for a while... Stop thinking about hockey =(

Go Canucks Go... =(

Me neither. And a player like Bonino, who basically disappeared in the playoffs for us, can skip off the the World Championships for the USA none worse for wear. I don't wish harm on anyone but I don't think we lose if it were some other player other than Burrows who was out with injury. We'll of course never know how we would have done with Burr in the lineup, can't prove a negative (or positive?) but I guarantee we would have done better. Maybe not enough better, but maybe just enough.

Guest Dasein

Tony Gallagher needs to retire...what a bunch of stupid questions..."will you wave your NTC to the new regime" - insinuating that they should be trade ffs....what a loser...

He asked the Sedins this?

Good God what a hack.

Who specifically did he ask? Bieska?

Look, he just asked what 99% of people here wanted to know. I'm glad he had the balls to ask. Maybe Linden and Benning gave Gallagher a Starbucks card to have him test the water?

He asked Bieksa and Hamhuis

These guys are not going to be asked to waive - they may not be re-signed at the end of next season but they'll remain a Canuck until then

These guys are not going to be asked to waive - they may not be re-signed at the end of next season but they'll remain a Canuck until then

Then Benning is an idiot. Trade one or both whole they still have value. Bieksa especially. Letting him go for nothing as a ufa or overpaying him to stay are both terrible options.

Hamhuis I can take or leave at this point but he will be harder to replace.

Did either of them actually answer the question? I doubt it.

I wouldn't be so sure on that especially Bieksa. Benning had no problem asking garrison to waive so I don't think he'll have a problem asking Bieksa to waive now that he's seen him first hand and how much he's declined.

Guest Dasein

Then Benning is an idiot. Trade one or both whole they still have value. Bieksa especially. Letting him go for nothing as a ufa or overpaying him to stay are both terrible options.

Well maybe Bieksa goes before the deadline if Corrado is ready and we re-sign Weber

It's a pretty insulting question. But what else is new.

Then what's your problem with him asking? The whole board wants to know if bieksa would waive. Good on Tony doing some real reporting and asking the tough questions.

There is nothing (other than a few haterz) of significance to indicate that the Canucks are looking to trade anyone with a NTC.

Tough question? Why didn't they ask "What did you think of Ferland getting away with charging"?

Guest Dasein

Corrado or Weber at their cap hit vs Bieksa at his? Why wait? Neither of those guys would be any worse imo.

Ya I could see it being Tanev, Weber, Corrado on the right side and Clendening as #7

Apparently, Bieska actual salary is only $2.5m ... any team needing to reach cap floor? Reunite Bieska with Luongo?

Toronto probably wants a leader back there and KB3 still brings that, and he's from the area

There is nothing (other than a few haterz) of significance to indicate that the Canucks are looking to trade anyone with a NTC.

Tough question? Why didn't they ask "What did you think of Ferland getting away with charging"?

Huh you think the ferland question is tougher? Not even close. Also, Bieksa already answered the ferland charging question earlier in the series so I guess you must have missed that. Oh by the way Tony was the one who asked Bieksa about ferland charging too.

Huh you think the ferland question is tougher? Not even close. Also, Bieksa already answered the ferland charging question earlier in the series so I guess you must have missed that. Oh by the way Tony was the one who asked Bieksa about ferland charging too.

Okay...it was insulting. It wasn't a "tough" question. It was insulting and insinuating.

Bieksa should have replied back - Do you have a NTC?

Okay...it was insulting. It wasn't a "tough" question. It was insulting and insinuating.

If Bieksa doesn't want those questions asked he should actually show up and play. He floats and talks far more than he does that.

If Benning only gets rid of one player this offseason it better be Bieksa.

What I find insulting is that it is ok for a guy to expect the team to not ask him to waive even when he does not hold up his end of the deal and plays like a disinterested lazy entitled vet. Then shoots his mouth off too. Good riddance.

Reporters aren't there to ask nice softball questions all the time. It was a legit question to ask and I'm glad he asked it.

If Bieksa doesn't want those questions asked he should actually show up and play. He floats and talks far more than he does that.

If Benning only gets rid of one player this offseason it better be Bieksa.

Agreed. Just ask Bieska to give him 3 teams that he'd be willing to go to. That's the usual starting point.

Archived