The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins playing hurt

TACIC

Players who play hurt are either making excuses as to stay relevant in a younger stronger team coming up. Of course they would say that. I would trade them for picks and pucks to get a younger faster set of skates on the ice or some decent D.

The team/players are disclosing injuries (as pretty much all teams/players do at the end of the season). Nobody is "making excuses".

Not surprising but not an excuse either. Every time the Canucks choke in the playoffs luck, injuries, or the referees are throw out immediately as the go to excuses.

All teams play through injuries in the playoffs. Some whine about it and others don't. The biggest injuries to this team are critical trauma of the heart and chronic arrogance.

All teams play through injuries in the playoffs. Some whine about it and others don't. The biggest injuries to this team are critical trauma of the heart and chronic arrogance.

That's a bit melodramatic. It's common practice for teams / players to disclose injuries when their playoff run is over. It's not like they held a press conference to say they were injured. This news came out from them declining an invitation to the WHC because they're not healthy enough.

That's a bit melodramatic. It's common practice for teams / players to disclose injuries when their playoff run is over. It's not like they held a press conference to say they were injured. This news came out from them declining an invitation to the WHC because they're not healthy enough.

True and the Sedins are about the only ones on this team who don't whine and use it as an excuse. But I don't like how cdc grabs onto things like this as a means to ignore the fact that our team simply choked hard in the playoffs again.

Next we will hear that the core deserves one more chance because they weren't 100%.

Year after year, I keep saying, if we are to win in the playoffs we have to induce injuries to our opponents. Canucks management and coaching staff never ever uses that line of strategic thought. Every year the Sedins have to play through injuries. Every year our stars are targeted. In our 2002 series against Detroit, everyone was talking about how physical Bertuzzi was, how Lidstrom and Chelios needed to keep their heads up so they don't get killed. We need that mentality back.

Last time we had a big nasty team was 2003. Bertuzzi, May, Cooke, Ruutu, Jovanovski, Ohlund. Put that team in today's NHL every team in the league would be frightened by us, even the big Cali teams and Winnipeg.

Sedins said they were not hurt...nothing major, just minor stuff.

They also stated emphatically that they don't want lesser roles...that they'll train hard (as they do) all summer and want to play. That they're ok with letting the younger guys push for spots and come up, but that they intend on keeping their ice time (even if in different roles, which is happening and they're ok with).

Burr's response was in English and they sure pushed for "when" it happened.

I also wish the media knew that Hank's name is not Hendrick. About time they learned who they're addressing as step one.

Kassian and Jensen for lucic whoo hoo!

Then miller to the sharks for Thomas hertl

Higgins for a bag of pucks

Burrows and Gaunce for Tinordi!

Man i'm good (before you blow your top, look up the word sarcasm).

No, no. That is perfect. Respect. :lol:

Kassian and Jensen for lucic whoo hoo!

Then miller to the sharks for Thomas hertl

Higgins for a bag of pucks

Burrows and Gaunce for Tinordi!

Man i'm good (before you blow your top, look up the word sarcasm).

Feel bad for the team who has to give away the bag of pucks, Higgins will have nothing to shoot with to practice his horrible shot.

The timing was definitely weird. As soon as he tweeted it I don't think we saw him in the lineup since.

He played the next 4 games dude (2 week time span).. He probably suffered the injury (or aggravated it) during one of those games. At least do your research dude, it took me 5 seconds to find that out.

He definitely just tweaked it during one of the 4 games, quite simple really. But i doubt you'd accept that, i'm sure there's some sort of conspiracy with Bettman?

He played the next 4 games dude (2 week time span).. He probably suffered the injury (or aggravated it) during one of those games. At least do your research dude, it took me 5 seconds to find that out.

He definitely just tweaked it during one of the 4 games, quite simple really. But i doubt you'd accept that, i'm sure there's some sort of conspiracy with Bettman?

Did he dude? Sorry.

Further research:

He tweeted that at the traded deadline. He hasn't tweeted anything since. He has changed agents since.

Did he dude? Sorry.

Further research:

He tweeted that at the traded deadline. He hasn't tweeted anything since. He has changed agents since.

I mean, i doubt an agent would be upset if his client tweeted "now lets go win a cup" if that's what youre implying, i think you're looking a little too hard into this my friend.

He was relieved he wasn't traded, made a tweet, but tweaked his back in the next 4 games and was out for the year. Pretty simple, i mean, there's nothing to look into.

Tony Gallagher needs to retire...what a bunch of stupid questions..."will you wave your NTC to the new regime" - insinuating that they should be trade ffs....what a loser...

Who specifically did he ask? Bieska?

Look, he just asked what 99% of people here wanted to know. I'm glad he had the balls to ask. Maybe Linden and Benning gave Gallagher a Starbucks card to have him test the water?

Archived