The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins playing hurt

TACIC

Players who play hurt are either making excuses as to stay relevant in a younger stronger team coming up. Of course they would say that. I would trade them for picks and pucks to get a younger faster set of skates on the ice or some decent D.

If you truly believe that the Sedins should be traded for picks and pucks, you should be wearing that L on your forehead all the time.

Reporters aren't there to ask nice softball questions all the time. It was a legit question to ask and I'm glad he asked it.

If it was legit - then why didn't he ask that question of all the other players with NTC's?

If Bieksa doesn't want those questions asked he should actually show up and play. He floats and talks far more than he does that.

If Benning only gets rid of one player this offseason it better be Bieksa.

What I find insulting is that it is ok for a guy to expect the team to not ask him to waive even when he does not hold up his end of the deal and plays like a disinterested lazy entitled vet. Then shoots his mouth off too. Good riddance.

It wasn't just Bieksa he asked.

Why do you want Bieksa gone? Edler and Tanev and Sbisa had the most giveaways.

Bieksa the only one with any heart among them.

As far as your "lazy" comment - take those haterz glasses off - that could be applied to just about any of our vets this year at one time or another.

Nevermind. I now know why you're so offended at the question. I didn't know you were a Bieksa fanboy before this.

No, I'm an Anti Hater - or a Hater hater (guess I'm a hypocrite).

So, when I see peeps dish out hate on one player - but not on another - I question their motives.

4 Canucks jerseys and no players names on any of them - I'm far from a "fan boy".

I cheer for the team.

He asked the Sedins this?

Good God what a hack.

Aren't you glad he did though? At least we can get an answer out of them even if they werent ever going to move their NTC. No one else would dare ask them this imo but this geezer did and he looks bad for asking the question. What was their response?

Edit Just for the record I'm a huge sedins fan, and Id love for them to finish their careers in Van

If it was legit - then why didn't he ask that question of all the other players with NTC's?

It wasn't just Bieksa he asked.

Why do you want Bieksa gone? Edler and Tanev and Sbisa had the most giveaways.

Bieksa the only one with any heart among them.

As far as your "lazy" comment - take those haterz glasses off - that could be applied to just about any of our vets this year at one time or another.

Edler is a far better player playing much tougher minutes. Sbisa and Tanev are also better and also have the advantage of being young and having time on their side room prove.

Don't mistake heart for arrogance. Bieksa has nothing left but flapping his gums about how great this core is. They have nothing to be arrogant about especially Bieksa.

Good riddance to the all talk no action do as I say not as I do leader. Time to clean out the guys who think they are good enough to keep getting chances. Bieksa is the worst of them because he is needlessly arrogant while doing so.

So, when I see peeps dish out hate on one player - but not on another - I question their motives.

4 Canucks jerseys and no players names on any of them - I'm far from a "fan boy".

I cheer for the team.

As do I and I would not be sad to see any of this stale core go. Bieksa just happens tone the worst cap hit to value on the team. So he should go first.

Speaking of power forwards with the Sedins (duh), it was weird seeing Kassian tweet Let's Go Win a Cup! when he was due to be out for months with needed back surgery.

wtf moment right there.

I wouldn't be expecting Kassian to be reciting poetry via twitter anytime soon either...

I cheer for the team.

You have to realize not all players are created equal or have equal contributions to the team. It sounds to me like you don't accept criticisms of any player and that fans should never criticize players and should be happy with their play regardless of performance. The Bieksa criticism from fans and media is very justified.

Speaking of power forwards with the Sedins (duh), it was weird seeing Kassian tweet Let's Go Win a Cup! when he was due to be out for months with needed back surgery.

wtf moment right there.

I wouldn't be expecting Kassian to be reciting poetry via twitter any time soon either...

You have to realize not all players are created equal or have equal contributions to the team. It sounds to me like you don't accept criticisms of any player and that fans should never criticize players and should be happy with their play regardless of performance. The Bieksa criticism from fans and media is very justified.

It's just Bieksa he whines about being criticized. Look at his post saying Edler Tanev etc are worse lol. I guess it's ok to criticize them but not casual kevin

Criticism should be in context when put out there IMO.

Nothing wrong with posting "ah Juice, what a giveaway" and being pissed off in a GDT.

That's different than spewing hate as some do, and pretending they know better than all GM's and coaches. Committing the guy to the pasture when in fact he still has value.

And the fact is he has a contract, an NTC and is a part of our team.

Hopefully you don't find it weird that people wonder why guys are only fans of part of the team?

Imagine if parents only loved 2 of their 3 kids...

All players aren't paid the same neither.

Oh, I'm critical. Bieksa had an off year for sure.

Sedins had an off year last year - after getting a nice raise - didn't see many call for them to be the first out the door to free up cap.

Instead it was "blame Torts".

Burrows hasn't been the same since 2012 - though he did get better this season - but not nearly where he was.

Miller and Lack were average - yet some on CDC will have you believe that Lack should be number 1 now and was by far the better goalie.

Criticism yes. Hate - no.

It's just Bieksa he whines about being criticized. Look at his post saying Edler Tanev etc are worse lol. I guess it's ok to criticize them but not casual kevin

:picard:

Didn't say they were worse - I said they had more giveaways.

"casual kevin" isn't criticism. It's hate. Maybe if you feel that way you should cheer for another team. Say the Leafs?

Lack was far better than miller and should be the number one going forward.

Numbers say otherwise

Eddie Lack 198 minutes 3.03 1-3 .886

Ryan Miller 156 minutes 2.31 1-1 .910

also remember Miller was coming back from injury while Eddie Lack rolled into the playoffs with some decent play

Lack was far better than miller and should be the number one going forward.

Righttttttttttttttttt.....

Name	GP	GS	W	L	OTL	W%	GAA	SV%	SO
Lack	41	35	18	13	4	0.581	2.45	0.921	2
Miller	45	45	29	15	1	0.658	2.53	0.911	6

Playoffs:

Lack	4	4	1	3	0	0.250	3.03	0.886	0
Miller	3	2	1	1	0	0.500	2.31	0.910	0

:picard:

Didn't say they were worse - I said they had more giveaways.

"casual kevin" isn't criticism. It's hate. Maybe if you feel that way you should cheer for another team. Say the Leafs?

It's not hate it's truth the way he plays the game. No urgency with or without the puck unless it is an ill advised pinch.

The guy is so painful to watch with the puck that it makes my brain hurt.

Seriously I get why people love him. But let's be honest here. There is no player on this team who plays as slow as Bieksa does most of the time. It's like he is trying to slow things down to give him time to process what decision he should make. Painful to watch and only getting worse.

Having more giveaways is but one excuse you give with absolutely no context. Were they facing better competition? Were they forced or unforced giveaways? What was the rest of their game like compared to Bieksa?

All three of those guys were better overall than Bieksa this season and this series. Bottom line he is overpaid for what he brings.

The worst thing about people in here is the arrogance to tell people to cheer for other teams. I have been a canucks fan probably longer than you have been alive. Criticizing players or coaches and disliking their play or decisions does not make anyone less of a fan. It actually probably makes them more of a fan because they care enough to see the faults along with the sunshine and roses.

Get over yourself telling me who to cheer for pal. Since no one deserves criticism on this team does that mean I should say you should frack off and watch the leafs because you are apathetic towards the Canucks getting better? Of course not because that would be arrogant and rude. Fans have the right to be fans whichever way they choose to. So leave the high and mighty bs at the door.

Not surprising but not an excuse either. Every time the Canucks choke in the playoffs luck, injuries, or the referees are throw out immediately as the go to excuses.

All teams play through injuries in the playoffs. Some whine about it and others don't. The biggest injuries to this team are critical trauma of the heart and chronic arrogance.

He says this cause he is still trying to rehab from said injuries.. He know first hand folks.

Sedins had an off year last year - after getting a nice raise - didn't see many call for them to be the first out the door to free up cap.

Instead it was "blame Torts".

People have been calling for the Sedins to be traded for like a decade, including after last year.

Archived