The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins playing hurt

TACIC

Miller is a veteran, Lack isn't.

Sedins are veterans, Horvat isn't.

Welcome to the cap world and what owners have to pay and are willing to pay.

That's why you see so many high priced vets traded to make room for young players who fill their role with less cap taken up.

Relying pretty much exclusively on high priced vets hasn't exactly served us well lately has it? In fact the biggest disappointments have been veterans imo.

We need the Sedins AND Horvat. We don't need Miller AND Lack.

Same with Bieksa AND one of the young guys.

Cost-Benefit eventually comes home to roost for the best teams. The salary cap dictates it must to have the kind of depth you need to win it all.

That's why you see so many high priced vets traded to make room for young players who fill their role with less cap taken up.

Relying pretty much exclusively on high priced vets hasn't exactly served us well lately has it? In fact the biggest disappointments have been veterans imo.

We need the Sedins AND Horvat. We don't need Miller AND Lack.

Same with Bieksa AND one of the young guys.

Cost-Benefit eventually comes home to roost for the best teams. The salary cap dictates it must to have the kind of depth you need to win it all.

Completely agree.

That's why I wanted to keep Luongo in the first place. $1.5 million less than we are paying now and a great mentor for Lack.

Edler is a far better player playing much tougher minutes. Sbisa and Tanev are also better and also have the advantage of being young and having time on their side room prove.

Don't mistake heart for arrogance. Bieksa has nothing left but flapping his gums about how great this core is. They have nothing to be arrogant about especially Bieksa.

Good riddance to the all talk no action do as I say not as I do leader. Time to clean out the guys who think they are good enough to keep getting chances. Bieksa is the worst of them because he is needlessly arrogant while doing so.

You seem pretty bitter judging by looking at all your posts. First of all, he has a no trade clause which people seem to think can just be moved at will. You said Benning is an idiot if he doesn't trade him. I think only an idiot thinks that. He has stated again and again he doesn't want to be traded. He has that in his contract so thats the way it is.

You seem pretty bitter judging by looking at all your posts. First of all, he has a no trade clause which people seem to think can just be moved at will. You said Benning is an idiot if he doesn't trade him. I think only an idiot thinks that. He has stated again and again he doesn't want to be traded. He has that in his contract so thats the way it is.

I said Benning is an idiot if he doesn't consider trading him. Because ntc are essentially non starters when it comes to actually moving players. It just gives them more control over the process.

If Bieksa wants to be here so badly someone should tell him to actually earn it or send him to the press box. I am sure one of the young guys would at least try.

I said Benning is an idiot if he doesn't consider trading him. Because ntc are essentially non starters when it comes to actually moving players. It just gives them more control over the process.

If Bieksa wants to be here so badly someone should tell him to actually earn it or send him to the press box. I am sure one of the young guys would at least try.

While I'm a huge fan of Bieksa I've gotta agree a bit here. There just didn't seem to be any sort of accountability for his generally poor play. Look at the Blackhawks- prized deadline acquisition Antoine Vermette was a healthy scratch in the first two games of their series against Nashville, and now Kris Versteeg is expected to be in the press box for game 1 of the second round. These are veterans of the league, and in the case of Versteeg, Chicago's playoffs runs but they've been forced to watch games as a result of poor play. I agree with Heretic that Bieksa does bring certain things to the table that many others either can't or don't. For the sake of him and the team I hope we see the old KB next year.

lots of players play hurt in the playoffs, just the way it is. Sean Monahan is playing hurt no matter how many times he and Hartley tell the media he is fine. He has been nursing an injury since the game before the LA game, against Arizona. You could tell every faceoff he winced when he pulled back. Shea Weber was playing hurt and eventually had to leave the series. Rumour is Stamko's is playing hurt. Thats just how playoffs are, alot of guys are banged up after 82 games, and the good ones tough it out and play even harder in the playoffs. The Sedins played great, hurt or not, they always always scare me when they are on the ice.

Considering we should have rightly swept Calgary, I am looking forward to an avalanche of excuse threads. Who cares?

This thread topic is an injury or wait...........is it a disease ? LOL

I am sick to death of hearing all the excuses..............Oh Wait ! I just injured myself argghhhh

Edler is a far better player playing much tougher minutes. Sbisa and Tanev are also better and also have the advantage of being young and having time on their side room prove.

Don't mistake heart for arrogance. Bieksa has nothing left but flapping his gums about how great this core is. They have nothing to be arrogant about especially Bieksa.

Good riddance to the all talk no action do as I say not as I do leader. Time to clean out the guys who think they are good enough to keep getting chances. Bieksa is the worst of them because he is needlessly arrogant while doing so.

Edler should be the first guy traded

I would trade Edler before Bieksa

Edler does a better job at failing than Bieksa

Did the guy seriously take a shot at Hansen, you have got to be kidding.

As for the Sedins they make so many excuses that it's hard to know if they have legit injuries or they were just playing a bit hurt.

Sedins are probably one of the most hard working players in the NHL today. The fact that they were the best players on the Canucks while being injured says a whole lot.

Plus they didn't even use it as a reason why they couldn't win. All they said was that they turned down world championships due to an injury.

Sedins are probably one of the most hard working players in the NHL today. The fact that they were the best players on the Canucks while being injured says a whole lot.

Plus they didn't even use it as a reason why they couldn't win. All they said was that they turned down world championships due to an injury.

Totally agree. our best players ..the canucks would be way below average without the twins. ..

Archived