The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[article] C'Mon, Ref: Prust violated a "code"

Video proof says otherwise. Prust had his head down the entire time and didn't look up until he sat down in the box. Didnt' seem like he was mouthing back at Watson.

he threw his elbow pad at the Lightning bench with his head down? prust deserves what he got for being a complete fool

different play I think actually

I was talking about what he was doing in the penalty box after according to video proof. Yeah he chirped Watson on his way to the box but that's normal. Refs get that all the time from all sorts of players. It was just that Watson reacted and responded differently and started doing what he shouldn't done and that's when it got wrong. That's why Prust was saying "yeah ok, yeah ok" in his post game interview because that's when Watson was scolding Prust, which I was referring to video proof here (at 18 seconds):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoCrSpv5-v8

This doesn't really prove anything. My post stated that I doubt that Prust wasn't being as calm as he claimed to be. I made no mention of whether it was on the way to the box, or while in the box.

You claimed to have "proof" that I was mistaken, so...

he threw his elbow pad at the Lightning bench with his head down? prust deserves what he got for being a complete fool

different play I think actually

We're talking about something else lol. I'm referring to the whole Prust-Watson incident.

This doesn't really prove anything. My post stated that I doubt that Prust wasn't being as calm as he claimed to be. I made no mention of whether it was on the way to the box, or while in the box.

You claimed to have "proof" that I was mistaken, so...

I'm not saying it's MY proof. I'm saying there IS proof. Did you even watch the video? Did Prust even look the slightest agitated when he was mouthing off at Watson. Cuz in my view, Prust was definitely not showing any signs of frustration aside from his chirping the referee prior to entering the box.

We're talking about something else lol. I'm referring to the whole Prust-Watson incident.

I'm not saying it's MY proof. I'm saying there IS proof. Did you even watch the video? Did Prust even look the slightest agitated when he was mouthing off at Watson. Cuz in my view, Prust was definitely not showing any signs of frustration aside from his chirping the referee prior to entering the box.

And I'm saying that video is not "proof" that Prust didn't say something he shouldn't have. It starts when he is already halfway to the penalty box and his head is down half of the time he is in the box.

He would have to be mic`d up for anything he said, or did not say to be considered `proof`.

While being an official is no doubt a difficult job, the issue with NHL officials isn't the occasional blown call.

They are chronically horrible at their jobs across the board. They are vindictive and hold clear biases against players who call them out in an attempt to make them accountable.

These officials aren't any good. They are an intrinsic cog in the wheelhouse of an easily corruptible league.

People will be complaining about the refs until the cows come home. It doesn't matter how fair or unbiased they are. It's very rare that even a fair call gets labelled a good call if its against your team.

As for the abusive talk and what not, if you could measure the amount of abuse vomited onto the refs by players, coaches, and fans and compare that to the amount refs give out to players, you would probably think refs were nuns.

People will be complaining about the refs until the cows come home. It doesn't matter how fair or unbiased they are. It's very rare that even a fair call gets labelled a good call if its against your team.

As for the abusive talk and what not, if you could measure the amount of abuse vomited onto the refs by players, coaches, and fans and compare that to the amount refs give out to players, you would probably think refs were nuns.

So do you or don't you consider Watson's conduct to be acceptable from a supposed "professional"?

Let's Mic everyone up.

Full transparency

i would pay a good price to have this feed streamed to my house... Ref Cam and every player , ref , and coach mic'd up. would be so much better then the Commentating we currently get

Archived