Frank Corrado

----------------

Trade Higgins and Bieksa as well for picks

Sign Mike Ribeiro for 2 years + a stay at home defenseman

Draft:

Werenski @ 9

Barzal @ 10

Future involving

Barzal Horvat McCann Virtanen Baertschi Kenins Shinkaruk Jensen Cassels Gaunce Grenier

Werenski Tanev Clendening Pedan Tryamkin Subban Cederholm

Demko Markstrom Lack Eriksson

To Vancouver:

10th Overall

To Colorado:

Dan Hamhuis

Nick Bonino

----------------

To Vancouver:

Ninth Overall

To San Jose:

Ryan Miller

23rd Overall

Frank Corrado

I think we over pay in both. Something like

Bonino + 23rd overall for 10th overall

Miller + Hansen for the 9th overall and Matt Nieto

Miller's a world class goalie, Schneider got us a 9th overall alone and everyone knew we were forced to unload a goalie

San Jose's in win-now-mode with Jumbo and Marleau

Then unload Hammer for a mid 2nd (he's a UFA next year) to make room for Frank Corrado to come up

Miller's a world class goalie, Schneider got us a 9th overall alone and everyone knew we were forced to unload a goalie

Then unload Hammer for a mid 2nd (he's a UFA next year) to make room for Frank Corrado to come up

But now you are severely underpaying the others. A 3rd line center is not going to jump you up that many picks for a top 10 pick. Matt Nieto is worth more than Hansen, and Miller can't fetch a 9th overall.

But now you are severely underpaying the others. A 3rd line center is not going to jump you up that many picks for a top 10 pick. Matt Nieto is worth more than Hansen, and Miller can't fetch a 9th overall.

Says who :sadno:

Goaltending is their weak spot, to potentially win a cup it's more probable than not that they would take that trade

He could play first line RW instead of plug Melker Karlsson, if he was to play 3C they might be the deepest in the league at C (Jumbo, Couture, Bonino, Smith, Tierney). They could also use him on the PP with that wicked wrister.

You could swap Hammer with Hansen, we retain some cap, then we could bring Corrado up, then trade Hansen for an early 3rd and make room for another young guy

Miller + Hamhuis (retain cap) for the 9th overall and Matt Nieto

Hansen for early 3rd rounder

Schneider was 27, signed to a good cap hit and has a full career ahead of him.

Miller is almost 35, play is slipping and signed to a 6 million cap hit.

People keep saying Miller to Sharks. But why on earth would they trade for miller, let alone give up a top asset for him. If they are looking for a short term stop gap, Niemi is almost just as good play wise and cost half the cap, and he costs nothing for the Sharks to resign. Niemi + 9th overall + 3 million extra cap is better than Miller any day.

If the Sharks are going to get a goalie, it’s because they don’t think Stalock is going to ever take over and they’d be interested in someone filling their goaltending for years to come (long term), Miller doesn’t provide that. All he really does is eat up their cap so they can’t afford to sign a much needed defencemen.

Schneider was 27, signed to a good cap hit and has a full career ahead of him.

Miller is almost 35, play is slipping and signed to a 6 million cap hit.

People keep saying Miller to Sharks. But why on earth would they trade for miller, let alone give up a top asset for him. If they are looking for a short term stop gap, Niemi is almost just as good play wise and cost half the cap, and he costs nothing for the Sharks to resign. Niemi + 9th overall + 3 million extra cap is better than Miller any day.

If the Sharks are going to get a goalie, it’s because they don’t think Stalock is going to ever take over and they’d be interested in someone filling their goaltending for years to come (long term), Miller doesn’t provide that. All he really does is eat up their cap so they can’t afford to sign a much needed defencemen.

Niemi was ass this year

If they had solid goaltending they would have made the playoffs no doubt. Add Hammer to that deal with retained cap and they would have a legit shot this year. They know the pressure is on now with Jumbo and Marleau nearing the end.

Niemi was ass this year

If they had solid goaltending they would have made the playoffs no doubt. Add Hammer to that deal with retained cap and they would have a legit shot this year. They know the pressure is on now with Jumbo and Marleau nearing the end.

Niemi two years ago was a vezina nominee. He's hit or miss much like miller is. Again, Niemi + 9th overall + 3 million extra cap is better than Miller any day. If Shark were interested in a goalie it would be Lack. Young, cheap cap hit, still has 7+ good years ahead of him and he proved this year, that at this point in both of their careers he's just as good as Miller.

The SJ window isn't now, Just like vancouver window wasn't closed after Nasulnd left. They still have a young and upcoming core just about to enter their prime. Their main core is Couture, Vlasic, Hertl, Pavelski, Burns and even Nieto These player are all 30 and under. Come to think of it Lack at 27 fits in with that core perfectly.

Niemi two years ago was a vezina nominee. He's hit or miss much like miller is. Again, Niemi + 9th overall + 3 million extra cap is better than Miller any day. If Shark were interested in a goalie it would be Lack. Young, cheap cap hit, still has 7+ good years ahead of him and he proved this year, that at this point in both of their careers he's just as good as Miller.

The SJ window isn't now, Just like vancouver window wasn't closed after Nasulnd left. They still have a young and upcoming core just about to enter their prime. Their main core is Couture, Vlasic, Hertl, Pavelski, Burns and even Nieto These player are all 30 and under. Come to think of it Lack at 27 fits in with that core perfectly.

Their core is booty. They'll be bad as hell once Jumbo and Marleau leave.

Colorado does not need another center. O'Reilly, MacKinnon, Duchene, Mitchell, Hishon, Cliche and Briere. Bones does nothing for them. Throw them Kassian or Grenier because they need the RW help. And losing that pick when players like Prorov might still be on the board...doesn't entice Sakic/Roy. Sorry Maybe Tanev in place of Hammer.

So you're looking at Tanev and Kassian/Grenier (+) for the 10th overall...maybe

San Jose has no need of Miller. People keep saying Miller to SJ because of the wife connection. Remind us again how that helps the Sharts? With Marleau and Joe getting on in years and by some reports refusing to leave. That 9th represents their chance to possibly draft a player to work into the line up to replace them. Someone Hertl and Couture can utilize in the future.

A good start is Lack/Markstrom to help with the questionable Stalock. But then they'er also beyond shallow at the RW so who do we throw them? Comes down to Vrbata/Kassian/Grenier again. Also a serious need for younger D men so think Hutton or possibly even (should we retain him) Subban and then +

The time for us to eat that SJ pick was the trade deadline.

So it would be something like Lack/Markstrom, Kassian/Grenier/Vrbata and Hutton/Subban (+) for the 9th overall.

And now you have some idea of what it is going to take now at the table to get these picks.

If Vancouver wants the 10th overall then at the very least Edler is coming to Denver.

I was wondering when you would show up.

When it comes to the sabres or the Avs I only anticipate responses from two people.

And honestly...I'd do a 1-1 swap of Edler for the 10th. Would be interesting to see how he did under Sakic

And that's not happening so have another hit

That's fine. Unless someone is giving up a top 4 LHD (under 30) who can play next to EJ or Barrie for years, we're more than happy to just keep the 10th overall. No incentive to trade it for a 32 year old with one year left that had a mediocre year and a decent 2nd line C.

I was wondering when you would show up.

When it comes to the sabres or the Avs I only anticipate responses from two people.

And honestly...I'd do a 1-1 swap of Edler for the 10th. Would be interesting to see how he did under Sakic

I'd love that trade if Edler would waive. It would allow us to either keep ROR or trade him for a top 6 winger instead of having to get a D back. I think he would look great next to EJ or Barrie. On either pairing it wouldn't matter if he got his offence back as long as he could provide a steadying presence and cover for his partner. I like EJ better next to a more defence oriented player. It lets him get involved more when he doesn't always have to cover for someone.

That's fine. Unless someone is giving up a top 4 LHD (under 30) who can play next to EJ or Barrie for years, we're more than happy to just keep the 10th overall. No incentive to trade it for a 32 year old with one year left that had a mediocre year and a decent 2nd line C.

I'd love that trade if Edler would waive. It would allow us to either keep ROR or trade him for a top 6 winger instead of having to get a D back. I think he would look great next to EJ or Barrie. On either pairing it wouldn't matter if he got his offence back as long as he could provide a steadying presence and cover for his partner. I like EJ better next to a more defence oriented player. It lets him get involved more when he doesn't always have to cover for someone.

If Werenski is available I wouldn't mind that trade. And if Canucks had 10 points less this season, we would have the 11th overall pick, giving us a chance at drafting Barzal. We would've gotten our #1 C and #1 Dman in one draft :(

No way that Colorado trades the 10th pick for our pick and Bonino. They have great young forwards. Why do they need Bonino?

I can see the Miller trade being much more likely than some say. For those suggesting "just re-sign Niemi", I'm not sure that San Jose is super confident in Niemi moving forward and he will want cash and term. He's arguably the best FA goalie available this summer. He's also 31, no spring chicken himself. They have no solid G prospects. Rolling with Niemi it's basically business as usual in San Jose, and I'm not sure that cuts it in that market.

I think unloading Hamhuis for a second is a mistake. I doubt he waves before the start of the season, and he can command better at the trade deadline and will be motivated to move at that point. Or we extend him for cheap and keep a solid veteran who was just promoted to captain of Canada at worlds. Either is better than trying to push him out at the draft.

Do we all have short memories, there is Arizona to consider as a trade partner and S.J. is the logical destination. Van can move Miller easier then to take another hit on the chin in moving a young goaltender. Also Van can look at moving Burr, (possible) to the canadians, kinda of a thank you to Burr, sends him home. Lastly, a D-man will go (should), high returns for Edler, mid returns for Hammer or Bieska. Choices. But need to be done. Richardson and Mathias are UFA's (gone) now space is made for a couple of rook's and sign Williams from L.A. Done and done, what you get back in the trades are picks only, maybe a 3rd liner from S.J. in Miller trade. And keep 1.5 mil in salary for1 year.

Some where a deal can be made to secure a higher draft pick in the first round, but logically it won't happen, unless your picking top 7, it's not worth it. The pain of turn over is now amongst us Fans, and we must trust in the management, to mitigate the pain as we grow.

While Bonino is a decent player, the difference between #10 and #23 in this draft is huge, and not a fungible player.

Miller may have been a world class goalie, but he's got negative value today. No way SJ gives up 9th over all when you can get better and cheaper on the UFA market.

I didn't notice this before. Turnabout is fair play and to your proposal I say:

And that's not happening so have another hit

Archived