The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Kings acquire Milan Lucic

LA has no cap space. They need to re-sign/extend Kopitar and they are most definitely not letting him walk. They still have Richards on the book and if they are truly going to buy him out, that's salary wasted on a player not on their active roster. Voynov might be returning pretty soon. THey've also got to re-up McNabb who's an RFA next year and they don't have anyone to replace him. No way they keep Lucic unelss it's for a massive paycut.

Not a dick move. Just means he wants another chance to win a Cup. Kesler did the exact same thing. He wants the chance to win a Cup.

If Richards is still with the Kings by the end of the summer, they'll just bury his 5 mil cap in the AHL again and waive him.

Doesn't come off the salary cap

Honestly guys, if the Vancouver media makes some noise about how great Lucic coming in next summer would be, Milan would at least know he's welcomed to sign here. Not sure if that's not already the case but just saying, we wouldn't have to worry as much about the Kings locking him up. Obviously it could be not effective at all, but who knows right?

*shrugs*

Honestly guys, if the Vancouver media makes some noise about how great Lucic coming in next summer would be, Milan would at least know he's welcomed to sign here. Not sure if that's not already the case but just saying, we wouldn't have to worry as much about the Kings locking him up. Obviously it could be not effective at all, but who knows right?

*shrugs*

The media can sing sonnets to him, it won't matter. He's going to wherever the money is best. Because of the cap, that won't be Vancouver. Lucic may have been born there, but when he retires, I'm willing to bet that he goes to live in Boston again.

The media can sing sonnets to him, it won't matter. He's going to wherever the money is best. Because of the cap, that won't be Vancouver. Lucic may have been born there, but when he retires, I'm willing to bet that he goes to live in Boston again.

The Canucks will have 14M off the books for next season. Plenty of space to sign Lucic.

As for retiring in Boston. Doubt it, he spends his off-season living in Vancouver. His family and friends are here, and he trains in Tsawwassen.

The Canucks will have 14M off the books for next season. Plenty of space to sign Lucic.

As for retiring in Boston. Doubt it, he spends his off-season living in Vancouver. His family and friends are here, and he trains in Tsawwassen.

Let me have my wishful thinking!!! I can't stand the guy! :lol:

Archived