The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Kings acquire Milan Lucic

Looch was just on Team1040 and just said he was excited to hear he might come to play in Vancouver. In the back of his mind he was hoping he would get dealt to Vancouver . No contract talks for an extension with the Kings.

It's easy for him to say that but if he's really that excited then he can just sign here next year. I doubt he will though and will re-sign with the Kings. That's good for us as I don't want him on this team.

Who gives a rat's ass about Lucic anyway. He's a POS and not the kind of influence I would want on our young prospects. We are looking for character.

Was that Lucic showing character in that pavement scuffle? (the one where he was "supposedly" being held back, held back from getting his ass kicked more like)

It's easy for him to say that but if he's really that excited then he can just sign here next year. I doubt he will though and will re-sign with the Kings. That's good for us as I don't want him on this team.

Why would he take the risk of injury and wait a year. He is eligible to sign extension on July 1st. He should sign a long term deal with LA right away. Best thing for him and his family. A freak injury could end a career so why risk it. I wouldn't.

Their problems will still be on defence. Sekera really held them together at times later in the year, now they can't even afford him. Mitchell's loss cost the Kings their playoff hopes and now they're just getting older and weaker on the blueline.

Stack up all you want, physicality has never been a problem for the Kings, but they need to address their defence because Doughty isn't enough.

Who gives a rat's ass about Lucic anyway. He's a POS and not the kind of influence I would want on our young prospects. We are looking for character.

Was that Lucic showing character in that pavement scuffle? (the one where he was "supposedly" being held back, held back from getting his ass kicked more like)

Really?

I mean you personally know Milan right? And of course you were there that night too?

Why would he take the risk of injury and wait a year. He is eligible to sign extension on July 1st. He should sign a long term deal with LA right away. Best thing for him and his family. A freak injury could end a career so why risk it. I wouldn't.

green-dollar-sign-clipart-green-dollar-s

He's not giving up his UFA shot to sign with a team that can't afford his market rate long term.

Adding Lucic helps the Kings for sure. However the way I see it they had to make a move. There is a real possibility they lose Williams and Stoll to free agency. Also they haven't really replaced Richards, and need a least one more solid d man because of the Voyanov situation. Even with the edition of Lucic the Kings will still have a hard time making the playoffs.

To all those saying Lucic will be in Vancouver next year, what makes you so sure? What makes you so sure he just won't re-sign with LA?

LA has no cap space. They need to re-sign/extend Kopitar and they are most definitely not letting him walk. They still have Richards on the book and if they are truly going to buy him out, that's salary wasted on a player not on their active roster. Voynov might be returning pretty soon. THey've also got to re-up McNabb who's an RFA next year and they don't have anyone to replace him. No way they keep Lucic unelss it's for a massive paycut.

James Duthie@tsnjamesduthie 20s

Milan Lucic just got the call that he is an L.A King: "I'm thrilled. Gives me another chance to win a cup."

DI*K

Not a dick move. Just means he wants another chance to win a Cup. Kesler did the exact same thing. He wants the chance to win a Cup.

Where the hell is LA getting the Cap space from.. that's nasty lineup and yet can afford Lucic.. sigh

If Richards is still with the Kings by the end of the summer, they'll just bury his 5 mil cap in the AHL again and waive him.

Archived