The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden Vey Article

NHL'er

We need more guys that wanna play for their hometown Canucks.

I'm hoping one of Seabrook or Lucic wanna come home to finish off their careers.

I think we are far more in need of Seabrook than Lucic. If we trade and re-up Hamhuis for 2 more seasons our defence is suddenly looking pretty decent.

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Seabrook

Sbisa Corrado/Weber/Bartkowski

It's our biggest need right now by a mile.

I think we are far more in need of Seabrook than Lucic. If we trade and re-up Hamhuis for 2 more seasons our defence is suddenly looking pretty decent.

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Seabrook

Sbisa Corrado/Weber/Bartkowski

It's our biggest need right now by a mile.

Seabrook will be 31 next off season and will be looking for a 6 year deal @ probably 6+ million. I don't want to have a 35+ year old dman with a lot of miles taking 6+ mil of space.

Seabrook will be 31 next off season and will be looking for a 6 year deal @ probably 6+ million. I don't want to have a 35+ year old dman with a lot of miles taking 6+ mil of space.

I'm sure he would sign for 4 years if he really wanted to come home.

Fair enough. I wasn't saying I wanted that kind of deal on the books, just saying I'd prefer him over Lucic.

The Blackhawks will probably sign him to an 8 year deal to bring the cap hit down to $4M.

So in his years in the AHL with his previous call ups to the Kings he never realized he might need to get stronger and improve his skating. I find it hard to believe that nobody ever laid it out for him before now.

I don't like to be all that critical of prospects but how was this something that he didn't know earlier. The little guys in the NHL are often the ones who have to be in the best shape to make up for the deficiency. Jordan Subban has known this since he was a kid, he didn't wait till after his rookie year to decide this might be an issue and he is ridiculously strong and powerful.

It just speaks to professionalism.

Vey feels be can be part of the solution at centre for the Canucks. He’s vowing to come back stronger and better after a full summer of training, which he hasn’t had in recent seasons as part of the Kings and their expanded playoff roster that went deep into the postseason.

“That’s the focus this summer,” he says. “For me, that last few years, I didn’t have a long summer to work out.

“This is a huge year for me.”

So you disagee, that's fine. But don't come off like only your opinion is the right one and start insulting those that disagree with you. WD was out coached in the play-offs, his best players sat for far to much. His lack of appreciation of Horvat is another bad judgement. When you watched the difference and success Hartley had playing Bennett ( 19 year old ) like he did and lets be honest they kicked Vcr butts. Coaches who play vets ahead of their young players are looking after themselves. The play-offs are a knock out competition ...he stuck to his 4 line equal minutes philosophy to the detrement of the club !! ....you're welcom to your opinion. Lets be honest WD was public in his opinion of Horvat and it wasn't glowing. getting rid of the likes of vets like Matthius, Richardson and Bieska is going to pressure WD

You do realize that most analysts and experts gave us no chance to even MAKE the playoffs right? That alone secured his job. It was his first year and he did make some mistakes, I don't deny that, but to say he has to improve on the job he did last year to be able to keep his position as coach is beyond ridiculous.

Archived