The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] D Christian Ehrhoff signs 1 year deal with Kings

Wow.

LA won't miss a step if Ehrhoff can be that offensive driver on the blue line

I bet he won't even play 60 games this year in the west. He's to injury prone and old now. I would say last year was his opportunity to show that he's still got it, to play PP time on a line with Malkin and Crosby.

Good for him joining a contender.

Not saying you shazzam but I love the way people think.

LA misses the playoffs last year, they are still contenders

Canucks make the playoffs with 101 points. They are up for Matthews sweepstakes.

Can't wait for all the losers who will come here whining and crying about how we didn't sign him, unable to let go of 2011.

Count me in, but not for that reason. On that contract it would have been flexible to either bring the Canucks' an asset at the deadline or help the Canucks make the playoffs.

Or that think somehow he would sign here for 1.5m lol.

Well, his agent said he was interested in Vancouver as "one of the first teams" to the media. Vancouver made the playoffs last year, LA didn't and he wanted to play for a contender. He had chemistry with the Sedins.

"LOLOLOLOOLL SEWWW FUNNY"

Can't wait for all the losers who will come here whining and crying about how we didn't sign him, unable to let go of 2011.

Nobody is trying to relive 2011, you're the one making that assumption.

People are trying to erase the idea of having Yannik Weber in our top 4. If you like that idea, then I think you're the loser.

Count me in, but not for that reason. On that contract it would have been flexible to either bring the Canucks' an asset at the deadline or help the Canucks make the playoffs.

Well, his agent said he was interested in Vancouver as "one of the first teams" to the media. Vancouver made the playoffs last year, LA didn't and he wanted to play for a contender. He had chemistry with the Sedins.

Just because you wanted him doesn't mean Canucks management did, nor are they wrong for not signing him.

Nobody is trying to relive 2011, you're the one making that assumption.

People are trying to erase the idea of having Yannik Weber in our top 4. If you like that idea, then I think you're the loser.

Yeah, actually people are. I've seen posts by many on here saying how we should sign Ehroff because of the success he had with the Sedins, ignoring the fact that it is no guarantee he would play at the same level now as he did in 2011. There is a reason why Ehroff isn't in demand.

Yeah, actually people are. I've seen posts by many on here saying how we should sign Ehroff because of the success he had with the Sedins, ignoring the fact that it is no guarantee he would play at the same level now as he did in 2011. There is a reason why Ehroff isn't in demand.

Just because people think that he would still have chemistry with the Sedins, doesn't mean they think that he'd be at the same level.

Nobody is pretending the Sedins are at the same level as they were in 2011 so I don't see how he would be.

At this point it's about trying to fill out our D and have it not look so pathetic. Right now we're going to have a depth guy penciled into our top 4, and either a depth guy or a rookie penciled into our top 6. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what to say. Ehrhoff at least represented a cheaper option with a higher chance of having success here.

Wouldn't it made more sense to dump Weber, and take a chance on Hoff for $1.5 million?

Except there was no way he was coming here for 1.5m. When you aren't considered to be a contender you end up paying Edmonton money to ufa's. I mean in all reality if we offered him 1.5m he was still going to go to LA.

Yeah he was interested in coming to van... If we offered him 4m+

Wouldn't it made more sense to dump Weber, and take a chance on Hoff for $1.5 million?

Not that easy. July.1st Hoff and his agent were waiting for a offer that would pay them. As time progressed and not much interest was displayed, it was really a matter of sign with a bad team for that contract you want or with a contender on a Brad Richards deal. Ended up taking the Richards route /he wouldn't sign for what he did with us as we're not contenders.

Fantastic, looking forward to the sedins humiliating him 5 times this year.

Gutless traitor... Signs within our division? I don't respect players that do that. Respectable guys like Forsberg, Iggy , etc know that's not right

I think Ehrhoff would've been a good stop gap on the PP, but I agree. He's older and a lot more injury prone now. I'd be shocked if Ehrhoff played 75% of the season in LA.

Archived