The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2015-16

Nail

1 hour ago, Nail said:

GM Hiring:

@milk and honey has been promoted from Assistant General Manager to full time General Manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning!

Congrats @milk and honey!

Official statement from Milk and Honey:

First off I want to give a big, big thank you to @Nail for hiring me and  being a superb teacher in making me ready for this day. Today is a very special day for me, my family, and everyone around this great organization. I am thankful for this honour but I know it comes with a duty not only to the people I work with but also to the entire fan base. Now is a new chapter in the franchise but we want to build on the great work Nail has done and continue to challenge for the cup! 

39 minutes ago, Nail said:

OGARA_Thumb.jpg

The Los Angeles Kings have signed Rob O'Gara to a 2 year deal worth 950K per year.

Kings are very pleased to add O'Gara, who developed slowly and steadily since the NHL draft in 2011, and turned into a great young D-man. We expect he'll challenge for a roster spot at camp, and at the very least, be a solid callup option for this season.

8 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Official statement from Milk and Honey:

First off I want to give a big, big thank you to @Nail for hiring me and  being a superb teacher in making me ready for this day. Today is a very special day for me, my family, and everyone around this great organization. I am thankful for this honour but I know it comes with a duty not only to the people I work with but also to the entire fan base. Now is a new chapter in the franchise but we want to build on the great work Nail has done and continue to challenge for the cup! 

Beck song as handle = thumbs up from me.

Welcome!

nucks2.jpg*

Summer update time from the heart of Vancouver.  Having pencil'ed in some guys for some spots, we thought our fans would like an update on the depth chart here in the dog days of summer.

James Van Reimsdyk, Nik Backstrom, Charlie Coyle

Valeri Nichushkin, Jori Lehtera and Sam Gagner

Matt Martin, Alex Burmistrov and Hunter Shinkaruk

Emerson Etem, Philip Danault, Viktor Stalberg

John Klingberg, Nik Kronwall

Travis Hamonic, Andrej Markov

Alexei Emelin, Brady Skjei

Cody Goloubef, Griffin Reinhart

Steve Mason

Philip Grubauer

This line up assumes Andrew Ference is sidelined for the season after surgery, and leaves space for the youth to fight for a spot on Offense or the blue line. Jyrki Jokipaka just might have a break out camp and start the season on the big club. 

(  *The art is borrowed, and the odds are good you know the creator. I do not, so can not credit him or her. )

ALBANY EXTREME MAKEOVER

The minor league makeover in Albany is in full force his summer. The New Jersey Devils, their fans as well as the fans in the city of Albany now have some reasons to look forward to the future, and keep an eye on up-and-coming prospects in the system...because they finally have some to keep an eye on. The Albany Devils will see NINE new faces next year on their roster as it has become more respectable over the course of this summer.

Building a stronger system to replicate the others around the league that have deep, deep minor league systems was my main goal this summer. We have now seen a boatload of young talent injected into our system, some of which were top NCAA producers in the past season. We feel we have a better future than the last GM left us with, and we are now going to be focusing on building our minor league defensive core, along with keeping our forward core stable. We expect we could see another couple new faces in a few weeks time.

hbo1zVr.png

Brendan Ranford - Colby Cave - Justin Selman

Sam Anas - Chandler Stephenson - Patrick Russell

Kyle Schempp - Yan Pavel-Laplante - Thomas Di Pauli

Simon Hjalmarsson - Quinton Howden - Branden Troock

Tyler Soy*

Taylor Raddysh*

Samuel Morin - Christian Djoos

Aleandre Carrier* - Mitch Vande-Sompel*

Adam Vay

Veini Vehvilainen*

*Unsigned

4 hours ago, BM24 said:

ALBANY EXTREME MAKEOVER

The minor league makeover in Albany is in full force his summer. The New Jersey Devils, their fans as well as the fans in the city of Albany now have some reasons to look forward to the future, and keep an eye on up-and-coming prospects in the system...because they finally have some to keep an eye on. The Albany Devils will see NINE new faces next year on their roster as it has become more respectable over the course of this summer.

Building a stronger system to replicate the others around the league that have deep, deep minor league systems was my main goal this summer. We have now seen a boatload of young talent injected into our system, some of which were top NCAA producers in the past season. We feel we have a better future than the last GM left us with, and we are now going to be focusing on building our minor league defensive core, along with keeping our forward core stable. We expect we could see another couple new faces in a few weeks time.

hbo1zVr.png

Brendan Ranford - Colby Cave - Justin Selman

Sam Anas - Chandler Stephenson - Patrick Russell

Kyle Schempp - Yan Pavel-Laplante - Thomas Di Pauli

Simon Hjalmarsson - Quinton Howden - Branden Troock

Tyler Soy*

Taylor Raddysh*

Samuel Morin - Christian Djoos

Aleandre Carrier* - Mitch Vande-Sompel*

Adam Vay

Veini Vehvilainen*

*Unsigned

I was also bidding on Anas, Russell, and Vay. Plus Selman and Schempp were on my list. So in my opinion, you did very well.

...Rumour has it that L.A. have begun searching employee emails and phone records...

6 hours ago, Dabeast said:

Hi everyone

First off I'd like to think @milk and honey and @Nail for letting me into this league. 

I'm happy to join this team, and team up with MH to bring the Lighting to glory!  tbh I don't have much else to say so there you go.

Go Lightning! 

welcome to the league :)

9 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Tampa Bay Lighting have hired @Dabeast as our new offical AGM! Welcome to our franchise and the league.

He has a good history in gm games on HFboards and wants to try his hand at a more serious league. 

Welcome new bloods.

Could be open to moving Saad/Zuccarello for prospects that are NHL-ready, or soon to be. If you are competing, adding the mentioned players would be a big boost for prospects for a big playoff run. Both players in their prime at great caphits - willing to retain as I have the cap space to do so as well, so realistically could have a 50-60 point player for a very cheap caphit.

Open to making a big deal.

Archived