The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Call me 'ze,' not 'he': University wants everyone to use 'gender inclusive' pronouns

Mr. Ambien

As you can see, schools in the US are the antithesis of education, tolerance, and people skills:

I agree, but considering some of the crap that has gone on at Dalhousie and the U of T, I would argue that some Canadian schools are even worse.

Slowly but surely we are going to end up talking like the smurfs, one word for all that way you can't say anything politically incorrect. This planet is full of some of the stupidest intelligent beings you could imagine. I mean come on I hope aliens aren't watching us or planning on visiting any time soon as we are currently an embarrassment of a life form that rules a planet. People are way to sensitive now that as soon as you complain about anything it turns into a cult following of other like minded people crying about how they are oppressed because of any little difference they may feel they have from others. I think the saying I'm looking for in this case to say to these people is man up and grow a pair.

Slowly but surely we are going to end up talking like the smurfs, one word for all that way you can't say anything politically incorrect. This planet is full of some of the stupidest intelligent beings you could imagine. I mean come on I hope aliens aren't watching us or planning on visiting any time soon as we are currently an embarrassment of a life form that rules a planet. People are way to sensitive now that as soon as you complain about anything it turns into a cult following of other like minded people crying about how they are oppressed because of any little difference they may feel they have from others. I think the saying I'm looking for in this case to say to these people is man up and grow a pair.

That's what many of them are trying to do, literally.

• 3 months later...

Bump. Our office of diversity is at it again.

http://diversity.utk.edu/resources/holidays/

Best Practices for Inclusive Holiday Celebrations in the Workplace

The university does not have an official policy regarding religious, and cultural décor and celebration in the workplace. However, we are fully committed to a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive environment.

In addition to consulting our cultural and religious holidays calendar when selecting a date for your event, we encourage you to implement the following best practices for inclusive holiday celebrations.

• Holiday parties and celebrations should celebrate and build upon workplace relationships and team morale with no emphasis on religion or culture. Ensure your holiday party is not a Christmas party in disguise.
  • Consider having a New Year’s party and include décor and food from multiple religions and cultures. Use it as an opportunity to reinvigorate individuals for the New Year’s goals and priorities.
  • Supervisors and managers should not—as well as, not be perceived as—endorsing religion generally or a specific religion.
  • If an individual chooses not to participate in a holiday party or celebration, do not pressure the person to participate. Participation should be voluntary.
  • If a potluck-style party or celebration is planned, encourage employees to bring food items that reflect their personal religions, cultures, and celebrations. Use this as an opportunity for individuals to share what they brought and why it is meaningful to them.
  • If sending holiday cards to campus and community partners, send a non-denominational card or token of your gratitude.
  • Holiday parties and celebrations should not play games with religious and cultural themes. For example, “Dreidel” or “Secret Santa.” If you want to exchange gifts, then refer to it in a general way, such as a practical joke gift exchange or secret gift exchange.
  • Décor selection should be general, not specific to any religion or culture. Identify specific dates when décor can be put up and when it must come down.
  • Refreshment selection should be general, not specific to any religion or culture.
  • Most importantly, celebrate your religious and cultural holidays in ways that are respectful and inclusive of our students, your colleagues, and our university.

Emphasis mine. If this garbage is what our school bill is paying for... :picard:

6 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Secret Santa.

yeah that's a problem.:bigblush:

you know you're a pussy when you feel excluded by an imaginary person.

Exactly. I'm used to UT trying to dismiss Easter, Christmas, and other "Christian" holidays, so I wasn't too surprised by that. But Secret Santa? They're even gonna tick off the atheists :lol:

Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever heard anyone, be it Christian, agnostic, atheist, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, etc. ever complain about being invited to a Christmas party. lol.

Cultural Marxist social engineers have been pushing towards an androgynous society for a long time.

I can't see an idea like this flying in Tennessee, but there's a certain so-politically-correct-it-hurts city full of feminazis and effeminate men, where it might catch on.

21 hours ago, jdatb said:

Emphasis mine. If this garbage is what our school bill is paying for... :picard:

Some of those contradict each other.  It says any celebrations should not reference any particular religion or culture, but it also says that employees should be encouraged to bring items that celebrate their culture.  I personally think the second idea is really good, as I'm all for diversity and not forcing people to participate in things.  Removing all references to any culture whatsoever though is not the answer.

On 2015-12-03, 11:51:06, jdatb said:
On 2015-12-03, 11:51:06, jdatb said:

does anybody know if stuff like this happens in secular, Christmas-intensive countries like in Europe? or even a non-secular, but Christmas-loving nation like England?

or is this conversation just a tug-o-war between two extremes, with normal people caught in the middle?

53 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Easy for you to say.

Sorry I can't hear you in my "safe spaaaace..." lol

But what I meant by irrelevant was that image assumes people wouldn't be like that today when we don't know what or how people would react if another large scale conflict like WW1 or 2 occurred, In terms of bravery at least.. 

I am sure there were some lazy no good for nothing people back in those days.. 

Also it's irrelevant to today's times because the whole theatre of war has changed since the storming of Juno beach, and thanks to technological developments we won't need human shields blocking enemy machine gun fire or people parachuting from the sky only to be used as bridges for land mines...

Long story short may those truly RIP and hope we never have a large scale conflict again.... But since the sign of times are fast approaching we are doomed. 

6 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

Sorry I can't hear you in my "safe spaaaace..." lol

But what I meant by irrelevant was that image assumes people wouldn't be like that today when we don't know what or how people would react if another large scale conflict like WW1 or 2 occurred. In terms of bravery at least.. 

I am sure there were some lazy no good for anything people back in those days.. 

Also it's irrelevant to today's times because the whole theatre of war has changed since the storming of Juno beach, and thanks to technological developments we won't need human shields blocking enemy machine gun fire or people parachuting from the sky only to be used as bridges for land mines...

Long story short may those truly RIP and hope we never have a large scale conflict again.... But since the sign of time are fast approaching we are doomed. 

I could counter but I'd just sound like an old man.

but.

as you're right about modern warfare.  I guess we're lucky? It's changed then.?

Archived