The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

European Migrant Crisis

Mr. Ambien

It's bad enough over there, but over here it's not much better for these migrants. Real crisis happening as our current laws send families into limbo.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/they-treat-us-like-garbage-canadas-rising-immigrant-detentions-operate-in-a-legal-black-hole-report-says

There's no easy solution, but it appears the current federal government doesn't have any clue. Their laws to create havoc on immigrants started during Arab Spring.

Of course that's when it started. Sure, some people coming might just be peaceful people trying to get out of the way. But the one's that are really in danger, and most likely to have the resources to leave, are the ones that are just as violent and extreme but just happen to be pursuing the loosing side of the Jihad.

How do you tell the difference?

The feds might be going to far but you can't be surprised that they might just be a tad nervous right?

Of course that's when it started. Sure, some people coming might just be peaceful people trying to get out of the way. But the one's that are really in danger, and most likely to have the resources to leave, are the ones that are just as violent and extreme but just happen to be pursuing the loosing side of the Jihad.

How do you tell the difference?

The feds might be going to far but you can't be surprised that they might just be a tad nervous right?

The difference is that Jihadis want foreign interests out of their land, while migrants just want a land to live in.

But to the ruling government party, there's no difference. It's essentially racist. But whatever.

ps. You think that rapid population growth rate in Syria had anything to do with the Iraq War that was going on at the time?

South Korea does it. They seem fine.

But to answer your question, no I don't know how much it would cost.

South Korea is obviously a very special case, and compulsory military services there does have issues. Canada has absolutely no need to be able to mobilize 50% of its population.

Abysmal pay, widespread bullying, abuse, frequent suicides. It requires young men in their primes to put their lives on hold for two years, and then reintegrate after. There's almost no benefit to the individual.

Of course, the fact that the population quadrupled in this largely desert country but the water supply would have nothing to do with the lack of water and other resources......... :rolleyes:

But hey, I am thinking of buying a Prius, so I will be doing my part. Time to be morally absolved! :frantic:

Far more respect for people who put their money where their mouth is than someone who wants to put someone else's money where their mouth is.

The difference is that Jihadis want foreign interests out of their land, while migrants just want a land to live in.

But to the ruling government party, there's no difference. It's essentially racist. But whatever.

ps. You think that rapid population growth rate in Syria had anything to do with the Iraq War that was going on at the time?

Nope. But it probably contributed significantly to the lack of water mentioned in the article that blamed global warming for the crisis.....

Now, the whole Arab spring, which was helped along by the worlds greatest source of stupidity ever, the internet, now THAT might have something to do with.

And in that note, I really AM going to do something about it, and go outside!

Nope. But it probably contributed significantly to the lack of water mentioned in the article that blamed global warming for the crisis.....

Now, the whole Arab spring, which was helped along by the worlds greatest source of stupidity ever, the internet, now THAT might have something to do with.

And in that note, I really AM going to do something about it, and go outside!

Nope, what? Migrants coming from Iraq into Syria didn't happen? Or the lengthly drought there noted by National Geographic is what? False? Yeah. Buy that Prius if you want I guess. But it's nations governments that have to enact meaningful change. And it's gonna happen.

A joke, but a lot of truth.

http://syruptrap.ca/2015/09/western-world-horrified-to-learn-there-are-syrian-children/

LONDON (The News Desk) — Three years into the Syrian civil war, citizens of western countries were appalled this week to discover that there could be children among the war’s mounting casualties.

The image of drowned three-year-old Aylan Kurdi galvanized the public to do something about Syrian children, who definitely exist, and who are dying after they make it outside the country, which appears to be when they become humans.

“I knew it was bad over there,” said Janet Kwan, a Vancouver nurse. “But nobody told me there were kids in Syria.

“I thought places like that were just all dudes in their mid-20s with guns.”

Canadians were even more horrified to learn that the war has claimed the lives of over 12,000 real children among its 80,000-plus actual civilians, largely due to the government’s use of indiscriminate tactics like chemical, barrel and vacuum bombs, the use of which constitute war crimes when used against real people.

News that there are children in Syria forced Canadians like prime minister Stephen Harper to consider a range of new implications about the humanity of Syrians.

“Don’t you get it? Those are people living in that country! This changes everything we know about the Middle East,” said Harper during a press conference.

Immigration minister Chris Alexander announced that the government will keep Canadians up to date on the government’s newfound and developing sense of empathy.

“The Canadian government has learned that there are many different kinds of Syrians living in Syria — not just children, but also mothers, fathers, elderly Syrians and even disabled Syrians,” he said.

“It’s almost like they’re people.”

This migrant problem could be the beginning of something that could be really 'out of control' in the not too distant future...The 'haves' barricading themselves against the 'have nots'....Its not just Syrians.....,people are getting trafficked out of Africa,Iran,Afghanistan..you name it......

I always laugh when I see people talk about Canada's reputation. Canadians are legends in our own minds.

In reality, the rest of the world doesn't give a flying you know what about us or what we think.....

Ive been to Europe, the middle east, Asia, all across the US and Mexico. Everywhere the reaction is the same when they find out Im Canadian. It gets a big smile. We have a reputation. Its a very positive reputation. They may not care too much what we think but they like us, a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Some images coming from the border of Greece and Macedonia:

55d71048c3618855468b459a.jpg

55d7100cc4618808328b457e.jpg

55d70facc3618855468b4592.jpg

55d70f7ec3618855468b458f.jpg

55d71030c3618855468b4597.jpg

55d7105ec3618899468b458b.jpg

(^ and they say the US police looks militarized)

55d71020c3618852468b458c.jpg

55d70f99c4618845328b458e.jpg

Thousands of migrants were stranded near the Macedonian town of Gevgelija trying to get in from Greece, where they entered Europe. They aim to travel on to prosperous northern European countries. Macedonia, August 21, 2015. © Alexandros Avramidis

http://www.rt.com/in-vision/313034-migrants-crisis-macedonia/

What's everyone's opinion on the fence that Hungary built?

Well it didn't really stop people from crossing lol...

But that fence was not mainly built to stop migrants from the Middle East and other places, but because of illegal activity coming from the balkans and other european countries into Hungary.

It should be noticed that they planned/built the fence before the migrant crisis...

Man those pics look like end times.

Sad human condition.

I believe so.. 20-40 years.

Well it didn't really stop people from crossing lol...

But that fence was not mainly built to stop migrants from the Middle East and other places, but because of illegal activity coming from the balkans and other european countries into Hungary.

It should be noticed that they planned/built the fence before the migrant crisis...

...and then used the fence for the purpose of holding migrants back while pepper spraying them.

Interesting that these articles are coming from RT, the state run media of the Russian government. I wonder why people aren't flocking into Russia?

Archived