The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I had a buy in price, I missed it.  Kinda not feeling bad right now.  If I was one of those people that got in pre $20 I'd feel ok, but anyone hanging in long term is now in long term or losing.

I always have firm buy in numbers and exit numbers.

SRNE, I actually bought in at $5.48 a share, sold at $7.75 as I thought a 20% return was fine.  It's levelled out since at about $6.75.  I made my $$ off of that and feel ok.

Always know your margins I guess eh or plan your exit strategy.  Like being at a party you don't want to attend, know your exits

The big problem with VTIQ right now is that you've got approx 86 million shares that have traded the last 4 days that are almost all under water. That's a lot of overhead resistance. From a purely technical perspective I could see a move back up to 29ish. Then the dirt nap.

Love your SRNE trade Hip. Plan the trade, trade the plan. Get in and get out with the dough.

Oh yeah, that looks like a 40% gain. B)

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I had a buy in price, I missed it.  Kinda not feeling bad right now.  If I was one of those people that got in pre $20 I'd feel ok, but anyone hanging in long term is now in long term or losing.

I always have firm buy in numbers and exit numbers.

SRNE, I actually bought in at $5.48 a share, sold at $7.75 as I thought a 20% return was fine.  It's levelled out since at about $6.75.  I made my $$ off of that and feel ok.

Always know your margins I guess eh or plan your exit strategy.  Like being at a party you don't want to attend, know your exits

Get in get out that’s the way to go, never chase a rocket or try to catch a falling knife.

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

The big problem with VTIQ right now is that you've got approx 86 million shares that have traded the last 4 days that are almost all under water. That's a lot of overhead resistance. From a purely technical perspective I could see a move back up to 29ish. Then the dirt nap.

Love your SRNE trade Hip. Plan the trade, trade the plan. Get in and get out with the dough.

Oh yeah, that looks like a 40% gain. B)

Literally logged in went to type in my listing to see how it was performing, it was a suggested popular stock, checked it, checked the reason behind it, knew it was a 1-2 day climb.  felt good.  

Yes, I can see another climb for VTIQ, it's how people work.  They'll expect some bank and will move back in and do a pump and dump or exacerbate the price leading up to the potential merger, or some news will come out from Tesla saying sorry, we're nowhere near what we just announced (entirely possible via covid) and a jump to 27-29 is more than feasible.  If I'd have gotten in when I wanted on vita I'd still be up almost $4 a share and that's fine by me but it's going to level out to $20 wish for a time.  I have little interest in that

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Get in get out that’s the way to go, never chase a rocket or try to catch a falling knife.

Worked for me dating in college and I have some dandy stories to tell.  Great way to live.  Just don't tell the wife 

12 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

You got in early, those that went in at 27-30 got hosed.

Anyone that got in between 27-30 based purely on TikToks and Twitter screaming to get in kinda deserve to learn that lesson the hard way.

"News is noise" - Warren Buffett

525M @ 10$ a share was done in January (Institutional Investors Only) when shares of VTIQ were floating around 10.35. The valuation was fair at that moment as Nikola needed funds to get things to the next level. 

The valuation of the company can be whatever it wants to be. Once merger day happens the current price of that day is the new price of NKLA.

If this gets back to my entry price of $18.43 I will get out and re-assess.

Edited by AriGold2.0

5 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Anyone that got in between 27-30 based purely on TikToks and Twitter screaming to get in kinda deserve to learn that lesson the hard way.

Another thing, today is the 3rd Friday of the Month. That means monthly options expire. Not a big surprise that VTIQ is trading where it is......

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/VTIQ/options?p=VTIQ

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Yesterday I was watching large chunks of stock being purchased at 30 range.

Fools and their money part soon.

23 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yesterday I was watching large chunks of stock being purchased at 30 range.

Fools and their money part soon.

Meanwhile I bought in to air canada the other day at just under $13 and feel good about it.  Had that trigger waiting for weeks.  Set to sell at $18.25 when it climbs

• Upvote 1

My portfolio is nice and red today, I guess it’s down a good amount but I’m not worried. 

I missed out on the VTIQ pump n dump mainly I didn’t want to deal with the currency exchange. Hope, those still in are still up and cash out on top! 

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Meanwhile I bought in to air canada the other day at just under $13 and feel good about it.  Had that trigger waiting for weeks.  Set to sell at $18.25 when it climbs

I grabbed Chorus Aviation today instead just a shade under 2.50, but I’ll likely sell the first spike back up. 

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I like buying established companies with financial track record.

Made most money this year with ADPT but hated volatility.

Also I like collecting and reinvesting dividends.

• Upvote 1