The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Arizona 0 vs. Vancouver 1 | Pre-season | Sep. 28, 2015 | 7:00 PM PDT | SNET-1

-Vintage Canuck-

McCann should be switched with Vey

Well yes, for a number of reasons but it's preseason and I'm sure they are doing this for a reason. It could be they want to see how McCann can play on the wing because they may feel he should be playing in the top three if he makes the team and all top three center spots are full. We should be looking at this as a positive that they may be thinking of keeping him in the lineup and not that the coach feels vey is a second line center.

agreed, I hope he doesn't join the cycle, just stay in front of the net and slot and he'll be fine.

The reason why the sedins always look better with burrows is because he knows how to cycle with them and when to head to the front of the net.

Cycling is the sedins game if one forward doesn't help it just makes it less effective. A player doesn't have to cycle to be effective but it does make the sedins more effective.

I hope he does well.

nahh

i've allready seen vey in a checking role, lets see if he can produce with a legit scoring line :frantic:

mcCann is being used as a catalyst to get butter n' burr going :towel:

dear canucks

to win more games score some goals please defend the puck please

4LG

The reason why the sedins always look better with burrows is because he knows how to cycle with them and when to head to the front of the net.

Cycling is the sedins game if one forward doesn't help it just makes it less effective. A player doesn't have to cycle to be effective but it does make the sedins more effective.

I hope he does well.

Yes, Burrows can cycle which is why he had success but that's not Virtanen's game, he's a straight line player who can shoot the puck. If he cycles tonight fine but why would you change your game just because of your line mates play a certain way. But who am I to say anything.

I have a confession to make:

I'm hoping that Vey plays absolutely awful, and McCann plays lights out putting up another multi point game.

Please let it happen :)

Having Vey and McCann playing the same game makes me feel all giggly inside. Willy D is about to see Vey not connecting passes, getting annihilated on the boards, While McCann going to be lighting it up everywhere on the ice!!

LETS GOOOO McCANNNNNNNNNNN

I think both McCann and Virtanen should be sent back for another year of Junior and here's why;

-they're contracts will slide for another year

-Virtanen can continue to work on the offensive side of his game in the WHL

-McCann can take another year to grow into NHL size

-both are likely to make the WJC team and gain extra expirience

-Vey can have another year to prove himself, if Willie believes in the kid, I say he deserves a shot

-there's no reason to rush these prospects to the NHL

I have a silly question!

Can the Canucks give the 9 game try out to many players, or can it only be one player? If we wanted to give it to Virt, Gaunce and McCann, maybe Hutton. Would that be possible?

With the lineup I know it can't, but still wondering if you can give many people the 9 games

I think both McCann and Virtanen should be sent back for another year of Junior and here's why;

-Vey can have another year to prove himself, if Willie believes in the kid, I say he deserves a shot

I want the best team on the ice, Vey is not part of that IMO

I have a silly question!

Can the Canucks give the 9 game try out to many players, or can it only be one player? If we wanted to give it to Virt, Gaunce and McCann, maybe Hutton. Would that be possible?

With the lineup I know it can't, but still wondering if you can give many people the 9 games

It's for CHL junior players, not Gaunce or Hutton...there is no limit to how many junior players you give up to a 9 game tryout to.

In other words, lets keep this boring average team the way it is.

How about we give players a chance to play if they are ready? McCann is miles better than Vey, its not even close. He holds his own well, very well infact. Hes one of those players which size doesnt matter, not that hes a Gaudreau size, hes bigger.

At the very least 9 games,same with Virtanen.

Archived