The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Oilers waive Nikitin

Baer.

I believe you can only use your waiver claim 1 time a month. So right now you wouldn't want to waste a claim when there are better players to select from coming up in the next few days. Could be wrong tho

I'm looking at you Vey

P.S. Also Oilers eat 3.5 million of his cap not just the AHL 900k.

yeah! Let's throw away a young player that was a top scorer in the chl,ahl and was top 20 in rookie scoring while playing 4th line minutes in his first full NHL season.. thumbs up!

Who cares, he is not going to amount to much of a NHL player, do you not watch games?

Vey is taking up a spot that someone like McCann or Gaunce could be learning the game.

Vey is nothing special and never will be, we got fleeced for a 2nd rounder for him, live with it and move on.

I'm looking at you Vey

P.S. Also Oilers eat 3.5 million of his cap not just the AHL 900k.

The Oilers eat 100% of his pay. Its a guaranteed contract.

If (he will be) he is sent to the minors the first $950,000 of his salary can hidden from the Oilers NHL cap. The balance counts against the NHL teams cap. His actual salary is $4,500,000. The cap hit of $3,550,000 remains.

Do I have that right?

Someone also made the valid point they have plenty of cap space. Probably could not spend it of they wanted to this year. Without another one of these signings anyway... LMAO.

Can they still buy him out? Saves them 1/3 of the real dollars and strings it out over this year and next...

Archived