The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's arm

WHL rocks

not sure why we in the west allie with them ther than the oil its absurd

Without oil the middle east would be a barren deserted landscape with a few camel jockeys her and there. Nobody would care. They won the geological lottery, installed "royalty" whos blood line goes back less than 100 years and think they are above everything.

When their oil runs out itll be interesting to watch the place implode and the complete indifference of their "allies" who no longer have any need of them.

Stop fabricating lies about Islam, please show me where it says you are able to hold slave girls captive and rape them etc. A main principle in Islam is a persons free will and choice, as for slavery it is specifically written in the Quran Allaah, may He be exalted, said: There are three whose opponent I will be on the Day of Resurrection, and whomever I oppose, I will defeat A man who sold a free man and consumed his price. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2227). Whoever does not follow the main teachings of this religion should not be lumped in together with the non followers who give Islam a bad name. You need to travel more and experience other cultures and get your facts straight.

FROM SAHIH BUKHARI - VOLUME 5, #637:

Narrated Buraida: The prophet sent Ali to Khalid to bring the Khumus (part of the war booty) and I hated Ali, and Ali had taken a bath (after a sexual act with a slave girl from the Khumus). I said to Khalid, "Don't you see this (i.e. Ali)? When we reached the prophet I mentioned that to him. He said, "O Buraida! Do you hate Ali?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Do you hate him for he deserves more than that from the Khumus."

ROM SAHIH BUKHARI - VOLUME 9, #506:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri that during the battle with Bani Al-Mustaliq they (Muslims) captured some females and intended to have sexual relations with them without impregnating them. So they asked the prophet about coitus interruptus. The prophet said, "It is better that you should not do it, for Allah has written whom He is going to create till the Day of Resurrection".

Qaza'a said, "I heard Abu Said saying that the prophet said, "No soul is ordained to be created but Allah will create it.""

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri that while he was sitting with Allah's messenger we said, "Oh Allah's messenger, we got female captives as our booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interruptus?" The prophet said, "Do you really do that? It is better for you not to do it. No soul that which Allah has destined to exist, but will surely come into existence."

FROM THE HADITH OF THE SUNAN OF ABU DAWUD, VOLUME 2, # 2150:

Abu Said al-Khudri said: "The apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Quranic verse, "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess". That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period." [The Quran verse is 4:24].

FROM SAHIH MUSLIM, VOLUME 2, #3432

Abu Said al-Khudri reported that at the Battle of Hunain Allah's messenger sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's messenger seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that: "And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (Quran - 4:24), (i.e. they were lawful for them when their Idda (menstrual) period came to an end).

They are putting foreign workers on death row for witchcraft and black magic:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/29/indonesia-workers-in-saudi-arabia-are-on-trial-for-witchcraft-some-facing-the-death-penalty.html

It's more than just a few isolated individuals. That's the state.

Has it ever crossed your mind that the media influences our beliefs?

I can't even begin to explain how horrible this misconception is to the western world. Believe it or not most Saudi people are just like you and me. They sit around and tease each other, talk about funny things that happened in the past, take care of the people around them, have big BBQ's, dance, and have a good time.

For example I wanted my name wrote on my hard hat so people would know my name. The one roustabout wrote on it on for me, I was pretty pleased, it looked cool.

What I didn't know was it didn't say my name at all, it translated to goat lover. Everyone called me goat lover without me knowing for the first few months I worked there. The translator finally broke down and told me and I thought it was awesome, I insisted they continued to call me goat lover and they loved it. I use to bring them Halloween candies and different flavours of spitz, it blew their mind, they were so damn grateful. Made me ugly jewelry, pottery all kinds of strange stuff. it was great.

The media doesn't let us see that side of the Middle East. They want each and everyone of us to think they are all religious extremists. Judging by this thread it's working. I use to think the same way, I was scared to death to go there.

Yeah well their oil isn't going away for at least another 100 years or so.. and even after that they could cash out billions upon billions worth of investments in various companies and stocks..

So long story short you won't see the monarchy or the common man riding camels anytime soon!

well that sucks. you got any ideas?

I can't even begin to explain how horrible this misconception is to the western world. Believe it or not most Saudi people are just like you and me. They sit around and tease each other, talk about funny things that happened in the past, take care of the people around them, have big BBQ's, dance, and have a good time.

For example I wanted my name wrote on my hard hat so people would know my name. The one roustabout wrote on it on for me, I was pretty pleased, it looked cool.

What I didn't know was it didn't say my name at all, it translated to goat lover. Everyone called me goat lover without me knowing for the first few months I worked there. The translator finally broke down and told me and I thought it was awesome, I insisted they continued to call me goat lover and they loved it. I use to bring them Halloween candies and different flavours of spitz, it blew their mind, they were so damn grateful. Made me ugly jewelry, pottery all kinds of strange stuff. it was great.

The media doesn't let us see that side of the Middle East. They want each and everyone of us to think they are all religious extremists. Judging by this thread it's working. I use to think the same way, I was scared to death to go there.

of coarse you are correct . Fear allows these misconceptions to paint the masses with one brush

Sure every single person in the Arab world is not the same as the person who did this horrible thing. I lived close to this part of the world for a few years and I'm very familiar with the culture. I have close friends who live in UAE and others who have lived in different parts of the Arab world. A co worker and friend just moved here few years ago after living in an Arab county for over a decade. I've heard enough stories and am very familiar about how these people treat laborers.

Here's the thing. Westerners don't suffer this type of brutality at the hands of Arabs while in the middle east. Main reason is western countries are powerful and western nationals working in the middle east are educated and hold professional jobs. The Arabs wouldn't get away with physically abusing a young western male at the office as they could get away abusing powerless, uneducated, 3rd world national servants behind closed doors. The way they treat you is completely different form the way they treat those who hold low level jobs.

The employer takes the passport of these poor people as soon as they land, that's the rule of the land. They have very few if any rights and are pretty much slaves in a foreign land. This is real and to dismiss it as an isolated incident and brush it under the carpet won't make it disappear.

I don't know. Saudi's, although the allies of the West, are pretty brutal to people from other countries, particularly India, Pakistan and African countries.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2015/06/16/saudi-arabia-100-executions-january-1

(Beirut) – Saudi authorities have carried out 100 executions since January 1, compared with 88 in all of 2014. Of the 2015 executions, 47 were for nonviolent drug offenses.

“Saudi authorities have been on a campaign of death this year, executing more people in six months than all of the previous year,” said Sarah Leah Whitson, Middle East and North Africa director. “It’s bad enough that Saudi Arabia executes so many people, but to execute people convicted in nonviolent drug offenses shows just how wanton these executions are.”

The Saudi Press Agency (SPA), Saudi Arabia’s state news agency, said in news releases that only 14 of the 100 prisoners executed so far in 2015 were convicted of Hadd (“limit”) crimes for which Islamic law mandates a specific punishment, including the death penalty, while 30 were sentenced under the Islamic law concept of Qisas, or eye-for-an-eye retribution for murder. Judges based their sentences for the other 56, including the 47 for drug-related crimes, on judicial discretion. Saudi Arabia has no penal code; thus for many crimes for which people are convicted, what constitutes a crime, the proof required to prove it, and the sentence it carries are entirely up to a judge to decide.

Of the 100 executed, 57 were Saudi citizens. Pakistanis – 14 of them convicted on heroin smuggling charges – formed the largest group among the foreigners.

saudi_deaths_2.png

Their people might 'be just like us', but their system of law sure isn't. It's barbaric, and it's no wonder the Saudis have one of the poorest human rights ratings in the world.

Sure every single person in the Arab world is not the same as the person who did this horrible thing. I lived close to this part of the world for a few years and I'm very familiar with the culture. I have close friends who live in UAE and others who have lived in different parts of the Arab world. A co worker and friend just moved here few years ago after living in an Arab county for over a decade. I've heard enough stories and am very familiar about how these people treat laborers.

Here's the thing. Westerners don't suffer this type of brutality at the hands of Arabs while in the middle east. Main reason is western countries are powerful and western nationals working in the middle east are educated and hold professional jobs. The Arabs wouldn't get away with physically abusing a young western male at the office as they could get away abusing powerless, uneducated, 3rd world national servants behind closed doors. The way they treat you is completely different form the way they treat those who hold low level jobs.

The employer takes the passport of these poor people as soon as they land, that's the rule of the land. They have very few if any rights and are pretty much slaves in a foreign land. This is real and to dismiss it as an isolated incident and brush it under the carpet won't make it disappear.

Both of you are making good posts here.

I despise people who treat other people differently based on their background, upbringing, social economic status and race. I have no respect for people who exercise brutality. But I have negative respect for people who brutalize the weak and suck up to the powerful.

There is this Italian butcher i used to go to. The employees are cool but the owner is a real piece of work. When they have an attractive anglo-saxon couple shopping there, he would give them all the attention in the world and pick out the best pieces for them. When I ask for something, I get the fattest piece. I don't go there any more needless to say.

i'm not saying the work itself isn't legit, i'm saying someone who cannot clean up after themselves is probably not the grounded type of individual i'd personally want to be around -- but of course if someone can afford to pay a maid 6 figures, then i imagine that person has an awful lot of stuff that needs to be cleaned, so who am i to judge?

This guy in particular was a rounded housekeeper or a Butler or something (I am not overly familiar with the proper terms). In addition to cleaning he would run errands for the family, drive the kids around, babysit them, etc. etc. It isn't uncommon for wealthy families to hire various servant types. One girl I dated had an uncle who was a successful chef and he would cater to wealthier people who would literally just pay him to go to their houses and cook their basic meals for them. Sometimes those richer types will go on vacations and literally bring those workers with them and pay for their lodging etc.

My point was just that having a servant type worker doesn't always have to be a degrading crap job. Some of them are pretty nice gigs. Obviously not this stories in particular but I wouldn't throw everyone under the bus personally.

Isn't it illegal to push your views on others? I am so confused with today's society. It's okay to be gay but not say you are straight?

Can't a guy cut his maids hand off when she is stealing?

Let them caveman ruin their own lives, why do we need to get involved? Let's fix here first. Homelessness, uneducated, poor etc.

Then we can worry about other people's problems.

Idk man abuse is abuse, can't really just excuse it due to "cultural differences", pretty universal that this kind of stuff is bad. Not sure if this type of thing is considered acceptable there but I don't really consider it a personal preference issue, if we truly believe that this kind of thing is objectively bad, why would we accept that it's okay for others.

Stop fabricating lies about Islam, please show me where it says you are able to hold slave girls captive and rape them etc. A main principle in Islam is a persons free will and choice, as for slavery it is specifically written in the Quran Allaah, may He be exalted, said: There are three whose opponent I will be on the Day of Resurrection, and whomever I oppose, I will defeat A man who sold a free man and consumed his price. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2227). Whoever does not follow the main teachings of this religion should not be lumped in together with the non followers who give Islam a bad name. You need to travel more and experience other cultures and get your facts straight.

Both the Koran and the Bible have relatively extensive regulations on slavery and both say it is okay. It was a normal part of society then.

The Hadiths also extensively cover what you are allowed to do with captured women and female slaves, and that includes rape.

Anytime you take a set of less written 1500 years ago literally, it's going to be bad. It's not a problem with Islam specifically.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkAHLboEF5CP09Rq0nUrg2VbDBNWY3Q3u

In some videos these barbaric people beat the women in front of children and other women. It's not just one person it's the whole dam family in on it. Unbelievable how heartless, cruel and sadistic these people are.

One couple drove nails into the body of their maid..... 24 freaking nails in her body.. OMG

caution, not for the faint of heart.

Archived