The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

8 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Look at the quarter by quarter statistics, the game was over by the time Golden State started getting any sort of calls. Also, would rather be a bandwagon Warriors fan than a lowlife Lebron fan like the guy who got kicked out tonight or the ones that burned his jerseys in the streets and then suddenly became Heat fans. You seem to forget that the Warriors spent years rebuilding their team and making smart moves to get to where they are now. The Cavaliers complain every single time they don't get a call, which you don't notice because they get most of their calls anyways. Also, what's with this golden child nonsense? Everyone knows the league has been pushing Lebron as their superstar for more than a decade now, stop acting like he's some sort of martyr for going up against good teams. Did you expect everyone to roll over, die, and just let him win? You've said before that you believe Lebron only needs a few more accolades to become the GOAT, but as soon as he gets some competition and has to prove himself you start getting aggressive for no reason whatsoever. Typical homer tendencies. 

I have nothing against the organization, I have everything against most of their fans, most of which can't even name the players on the team that beat the Mavs in 2007. Most of these "fans" pop up in the finals just to cheer against Lebron (you included?). Lebron has been the superstar of the league for more then a decade, the league hasn't had to push anything have you seen him play? Or are you just another hater that can't see that?

When have I complained about him going against good teams? All I've said is durant took the easiest route to a championship in league history, and that i can't stand curry and green for all the celebrations and crying they do during the game.

Edited by Sikhguy23
  • Upvote 2

Bottom line. The refs (the league) handed that game to Cleveland.  Fouls 22-3 for Cleveland in the first quarter against one of the best defensive teams in the league completely changed how GS was able to approach the rest of the game. Game management at its finest. We can clearly see where Bettdouche learned it from. Must have been in all his glory back in his days with the NBA. 

• Upvote 3

On 2017-6-10 at 10:27 AM, Sikhguy23 said:

Draymonds mom calling the league rigged... interesting

Nobody wants to talk about games 1 or 2 where GS got all the calls but as soon as Cle wins 1 game they all start crying. They hate on Bron so much it's disgusting. 

Edited by Jiggs50
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Nobody wants to talk about games 1 or 2 where GS got all the calls but as soon as Cle wins 1 game they all start crying. They hate on Bron so much it's disgusting. 

It's typical GSW mentality. If they win, the fans say "SWEEP SWEEP"  or "Leflop/Lebum/Lechoke". But if they lose, "NBA IS RIGGED" "Lebron and the Refs!!!" 

It's a joke tbh

• Upvote 3

On 2017-06-10 at 1:51 AM, TheHitman said:

Look at the quarter by quarter statistics, the game was over by the time Golden State started getting any sort of calls. Also, would rather be a bandwagon Warriors fan than a lowlife Lebron fan like the guy who got kicked out tonight or the ones that burned his jerseys in the streets and then suddenly became Heat fans. You seem to forget that the Warriors spent years rebuilding their team and making smart moves to get to where they are now. The Cavaliers complain every single time they don't get a call, which you don't notice because they get most of their calls anyways. Also, what's with this golden child nonsense? Everyone knows the league has been pushing Lebron as their superstar for more than a decade now, stop acting like he's some sort of martyr for going up against good teams. Did you expect everyone to roll over, die, and just let him win? You've said before that you believe Lebron only needs a few more accolades to become the GOAT, but as soon as he gets some competition and has to prove himself you start getting aggressive for no reason whatsoever. Typical homer tendencies. 

This just makes you sound just as ignorant as a "Lebron homer" and makes you a biased GSW homer. 

Both team complains about calls. Stop trying to call out people for their homer tendencies when you spew out bs things like that 

• Upvote 2

I have a serious question I think I asked it once before. What makes jordan the GOAT?

He had arguably the greatest team ever; pippen was a top 5 player on both sides of the ball at the time, rodman was one of the greatest rebounders out there, and he had a great supporting cast in Kerr longley kucoc grant amongst others. The teams he played against for the most part weren't even in their primes, and there was no one with as much star power as the warriors let alone the spurs. Even when he "retired" the team may have lost an extra 2-5 games? He doesn't have the most rings. Was he dominate? Most definitely. Best scorer of all time? Hell yes. I can see why a lot of people consider him the GOAT, for now I do as well, but I can make just as many arguments against him. Mind you I was too young to watch his games for the most part, but I'm basing this on the competition at the time, and the people he had on his roster

The Cavs complain? Of course they do, EVERY team does. 

But the Cavs and Lebron don't scream and 1 or cry for a foul everytime they drive unlike Draymond. Dude literally has meltdowns and gets T'd up cause he wants a foul call that badly. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

I have a serious question I think I asked it once before. What makes jordan the GOAT?

He had arguably the greatest team ever; pippen was a top 5 player on both sides of the ball at the time, rodman was one of the greatest rebounders out there, and he had a great supporting cast in Kerr longley kucoc grant amongst others. The teams he played against for the most part weren't even in their primes, and there was no one with as much star power as the warriors let alone the spurs. Even when he "retired" the team may have lost an extra 2-5 games? He doesn't have the most rings. Was he dominate? Most definitely. Best scorer of all time? Hell yes. I can see why a lot of people consider him the GOAT, for now I do as well, but I can make just as many arguments against him. Mind you I was too young to watch his games for the most part, but I'm basing this on the competition at the time, and the people he had on his roster

MJ isn't the goat...

Bill Russell.jpg

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

People consider Jordan the goat cause he went 6-0 in finals. Didn't ever go to a game 7. Best scorer ever. Dude averaged something absurd like 37 ppg in a season. Along with Magic and Bird, sort of saved the nba and put it on the map. Was a lockdown defender (a bit overrated but still very good) Averaged 40ppg in a finals. Was top 5 clutches player ever. Set records and did everything in 14 seasons or so. The Jordan brand has a lot to do with his status as well. 

He's definitely ahead of Lebron but if LBJ gets 5-6 rings, it's 1a and 1b. It would be that close. 

What I don't like is how people hate on Bron and criticize him for every little detail while giving MJ a pass on anything. 

Lebron was in Cle for 7 years and the best support he got was Mo Williams. Not to mention terrible coaches. Even now, Lue is trash.

MJ had Phil Jackson (top 3 coach ever). Bulls drafted Pippen 3 years into MJ's career and Pippen is better than any side kick LBJ ever had. (Kyrie can't lead a team and Wade's knees were gone by 2012)

Pippen brought DEFENSE. At 6'9 with point guard skills, Pippen was a monster. Check out his year without MJ in 95. Pippen lead his team in all 5 major categories for the entire yr. Finished 3rd in mvp voting that yr and nearly won dpoy. 

Those 96-98 Bulls teams were so damn stacked it's not even fair. Rodman and Pippen (both top 5 greatest defenders ever and Rodman was the rebounding king. Think TT times 5) Ron Harper the defensive beast. Steve Kerr's shooting! Almost forgot Toni Kukoc!!

The flaw in Jordan's resume is that he couldn't beat the Celtics or Pistons in their primes. Plus he was getting trounced in the 1st rd every year without Pippen. Lastly the finals teams he beat weren't that great. None of those teams he beat were dynasties like the Spurs or the Warriors (in the making). 

Honestly don't understand why Kareem isn't regarded as the goat. Bill Russell was great too but his resume is inflated by playing against less teams and his team was full of like 50 hall of famers.

Magic was actually on pace to be the real goat but the whole hiv/aids thing ruined it. 

Edited by Jiggs50
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

People consider Jordan the goat cause he went 6-0 in finals. Didn't ever go to a game 7. Best scorer ever. Dude averaged something absurd like 37 ppg in a season. Along with Magic and Bird, sort of saved the nba and put it on the map. Was a lockdown defender (a bit overrated but still very good) Averaged 40ppg in a finals. Set records and did everything in 14 seasons or so. The Jordan brand has a lot to do with his status as well. 

He's definitely ahead of Lebron but if LBJ gets 5-6 rings, it's 1a and 1b. It would be that close. 

What I don't like is how people hate on Bron and criticize him for every little detail while giving MJ a pass on anything. 

Lebron was in Cle for 7 years and the best support he got was Mo Williams. Not to mention terrible coaches. Even now, Lue is trash.

MJ had Phil Jackson (top 3 coach ever). Bulls drafted Pippen 3 years into MJ's career and Pippen is better than any side kick LBJ ever had. (Kyrie can't lead a team and Wade's knees were gone by 2012)

Pippen brought DEFENSE. At 6'9 with point guard skills, Pippen was a monster. Check out his year without MJ in 95. Pippen lead his team in all 5 major categories for the entire yr. Finished 3rd in mvp voting that and nearly won dpoy. 

Those 96-98 Bulls teams were so damn stacked it's not even fair. Rodman and Pippen (both top 5 greatest defenders ever and Rodman was thr rebounding king. Think TT times 5) Ron Harper the defensive beast. Steve Kerr's shooting! Almost forgot Toni Kukoc!!

The flaw in Jordan's resume is that he couldn't beat the Celtics or Pistons in their primes. Plus he was getting trounced in the 1st rd every year without Pippen. Lastly the finals teams he beat weren't that great. None of those teams he beat were dynasties like the Spurs or the Warriors (in the making). 

Honestly don't understand why Kareem isn't regarded as the goat. Bill Russell was great too but his resume is inflated by playing against less teams and his team was full of like 50 hall of famers.

Magic was actually on pace to be the real goat but the whole hiv/aids thing ruined it. 

Bill won multiple high school state championships and NCAA championships as well as being the first black NBA coach in much more troubling times for black athletes. Dude broke so many barriers it's not even fathomable. Imagine what Bill could've achieved if he wasn't consistently caught up in racial controversies. He regularly shut down Bob Pettit, Ed Macauley, and Wilt Chamberlain in their playoff confrontations. Extremely tough to look at his legacy and consider someone else the GOAT. There's a reason it's the Bill Russell NBA Finals MVP Award. ;) 

Edited by TheHitman

11 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Bill won multiple high school state championships and NCAA championships as well as being the first black NBA coach in much more troubling times for black athletes. Dude broke so many barriers it's not even fathomable. Imagine what Bill could've achieved if he wasn't consistently caught up in racial controversies. He regularly shut down Bob Pettit, Ed Macauley, and Wilt Chamberlain in their playoff confrontations. Extremely tough to look at his legacy and consider someone else the GOAT. There's a reason it's the Bill Russell NBA Finals MVP Award. ;) 

Yeah I respect the dude and all but come on MJ and Lebron are better than he ever was. Russell was probably the greatest defensive player ever but his all-round game doesn't match up with the 2 guys I mentioned. He's still top 5. 

50 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

People consider Jordan the goat cause he went 6-0 in finals. Didn't ever go to a game 7. Best scorer ever. Dude averaged something absurd like 37 ppg in a season. Along with Magic and Bird, sort of saved the nba and put it on the map. Was a lockdown defender (a bit overrated but still very good) Averaged 40ppg in a finals. Was top 5 clutches player ever. Set records and did everything in 14 seasons or so. The Jordan brand has a lot to do with his status as well. 

Pippen brought DEFENSE. At 6'9 with point guard skills, Pippen was a monster. Check out his year without MJ in 95. Pippen lead his team in all 5 major categories for the entire yr. Finished 3rd in mvp voting that yr and nearly won dpoy. 

Those 96-98 Bulls teams were so damn stacked it's not even fair. Rodman and Pippen (both top 5 greatest defenders ever and Rodman was the rebounding king. Think TT times 5) Ron Harper the defensive beast. Steve Kerr's shooting! Almost forgot Toni Kukoc!!

I actually like Ty Lue and if he pulls off the comeback against this Warriors super team, he will be known as one of the best ever coaches to pull off consecutive titles in remarkable fashion that's never been done and will probably be in the conversation as one of the top 5 coaches in history. What he pulled off last year was unbelievable and if they keep their season going after tomorrow, how can you not believe they can pull it off, he's going to be part of a exclusive group and only in his 2nd year as head coach so he's still a rook. LeBron will probably be the GOAT if he wins this year once more. I'm rooting for him to pull it off as he's one of the most genuine players the game is lucky to have. Him and Irving always give it their all and play with heart. That doesn't mean the rest of the team doesn't which they do but the responsibility the pair have is unreal and they get it done when it matters most. Can't wait to see the Warriors' fans crying yet again after they don't win a title even with Durant haha

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I actually like Ty Lue and if he pulls off the comeback against this Warriors super team, he will be known as one of the best ever coaches to pull off consecutive titles in remarkable fashion that's never been done and will probably be in the conversation as one of the top 5 coaches in history. What he pulled off last year was unbelievable and if they keep their season going after tomorrow, how can you not believe they can pull it off, he's going to be part of a exclusive group and only in his 2nd year as head coach so he's still a rook. LeBron will probably be the GOAT if he wins this year once more. I'm rooting for him to pull it off as he's one of the most genuine players the game is lucky to have. Him and Irving always give it their all and play with heart. That doesn't mean the rest of the team doesn't which they do but the responsibility the pair have is unreal and they get it done when it matters most. Can't wait to see the Warriors' fans crying yet again after they don't win a title even with Durant haha

I hope they pull it off, the warriors are a different beast this year with the snake. If they somehow pull it off tomorrow, it's going to game 7 for sure I think. 

13 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I know this question doesn't have much to do with the current topic, but what are your guys thoughts on the future of centres?

Anthony Davis if healthy has the potential to be the best player in the league. In terms of a true centre I can see cousins being the most dominant if he keeps his head straight. Funny that they're on the same team at least for now

1 minute ago, Jiggs50 said:

Yeah I respect the dude and all but come on MJ and Lebron are better than he ever was. Russell was probably the greatest defensive player ever but his all-round game doesn't match up with the 2 guys I mentioned. He's still top 5. 

Are they better than he ever was though? Both combined don't have as many championships as he does at every level of the game. You also have to take into account that Bill s body took much more intense beatings as a centre with worse travel and recovery methods than seen in later eras. Blocks were barely recorded back then and there's a good chance he was a triple double machine for most of his career. 

46 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I know this question doesn't have much to do with the current topic, but what are your guys thoughts on the future of centres?

Unless they're elite in what they do (e.g. rim protector in Tristan Thompson/ Joakim Noah, down-low presence like Gobert, well-rounded and fitting in their system like Marc Gasol) or able to hit from long-range like Porzingis/ A.D./ Cousins it's tough to see them amount to much more than complementary players.  When the two best teams in the league (Warriors and Cavaliers) are built around long-range shots and swing-men who can slash to the rim, it goes to show that if they can only play with their back to the paint but they can't guard the smaller nimble guys they will likely be in trouble.  It is the league of the smaller guys after all (Westbrook and Harden are in MVP contention, Curry, Kyrie and Durant can dissect a defense or bomb away from range with accuracy) and big men without it (even someone like Blake Griffin) will be at a major disadvantage.

10 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Are they better than he ever was though? Both combined don't have as many championships as he does at every level of the game. You also have to take into account that Bill s body took much more intense beatings as a centre with worse travel and recovery methods than seen in later eras. Blocks were barely recorded back then and there's a good chance he was a triple double machine for most of his career. 

He was playing in a much weaker league, and he was probably towering over 99% of the league. It also helped that he was on the best team at the time, hence why they made so many finals. That era can't be compared to the Jordan era or the Lebron era, as there was way more competition, with a lot more athletic players especially now.

• Upvote 1