The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

Celts agree to trade #1 overall to the 76ers for 3rd overall, 2018 and 2019 1st round picks. This confirms Philly will pick Markelle Fultz and won't pursue Lowry. They are going to be a team to watch down the road with Simmons, Embiid, Covington and now most likely Fultz.  

Confident the Raps can re-sign Lowry and potentially Ibaka as well for the right prices. We also have a pick to look forward and hopefully a kid like Dillon Brooks is still around our pick. Good future ahead for the Raps also with Wright, Poeltl, Bebe, Siakam and can't forget about Caboclo

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Celts agree to trade #1 overall to the 76ers for 3rd overall, 2018 and 2019 1st round picks. This confirms Philly will pick Markelle Fultz and won't pursue Lowry. They are going to be a team to watch down the road with Simmons, Embiid, Covington and now most likely Fultz.  

Confident the Raps can re-sign Lowry and potentially Ibaka as well for the right prices. We also have a pick to look forward and hopefully a kid like Dillon Brooks is still around our pick. Good future ahead for the Raps also with Wright, Poeltl, Bebe, Siakam and can't forget about Caboclo

Good on Sixers. They'll be a scary team in a few years, they need a couple of good, experienced veterans along with their young guns and I think they'll start competing again in a few years.

• Upvote 1

Trade picks not including 2nd OA with Mozgov for George

Dump Deng 

Select Ball with #2

PG - Ball

SG - Russel

SF - George

PF - Randle

C - Zubac

Lakers are going to the playoffs next year :)

If they get George. Really hope the James rumours are false, don't want LBJ anywhere near my Lakers. I want to win titles not just make it there to lose

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, J-23 said:

SHAQ hittin' three's like nothing.

I remember once Shaq said that he only showcased 30% of his actual game in the nba. Dude had some finesse moves and could shoot a little but the coaches never truly let him ball out. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Dump Deng 

Select Ball with #2

PG - Ball

SG - Russel

SF - George

PF - Randle

C - Zubac

If they get George. Really hope the James rumours are false, don't want LBJ anywhere near my Lakers. I want to win titles not just make it there to lose

If you expect LBJ to make it to the Finals and lose, then how do you expect Lakers make it there and win. I'm not to big on LBJ, but if you can't win a title with LBJ, then I doubt you're going to win one at all, that's if we're talking bout this era. 

Edited by J-23

4 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Dump Deng 

Select Ball with #2

PG - Ball

SG - Russel

SF - George

PF - Randle

C - Zubac

Lakers are a dump and PG isn't taking that team to the playoffs. Dude can barely lead a team in the East to a playoff appearance lol. 

"I don't want the best basketball player in the world on my team"...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Lakers are a dump and PG isn't taking that team to the playoffs. Dude can barely lead a team in the East to a playoff appearance lol. 

"I don't want the best basketball player in the world on my team"...

as a Kobe fan I don't want LBJ here. Let him make his legacy elsewhere. I'm an LBJ hater as I'm sure many Kobe fans are. He is very good and has been the best in the NBA for quite a while, but KD is proving to be in consideration for that throne.

I respect LBJ but I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers. 2-3 more years the Lakers will be back. Without LBJ and his 3-7 finals record

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If you expect LBJ to make it to the Finals and lose, then how do you expect Lakers make it there and win. I'm not to big on LBJ, but if you can't win a title with LBJ, then I doubt you're going to win one at all, that's if we're talking bout this era. 

We would win with LBJ and George. But more rungs for LBJ means more LBJ is the goat chants. Which is ridiculous to say

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hortankin said:

as a Kobe fan I don't want LBJ here. Let him make his legacy elsewhere. I'm an LBJ hater as I'm sure many Kobe fans are. He is very good and has been the best in the NBA for quite a while, but KD is proving to be in consideration for that throne.

I respect LBJ but I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers. 2-3 more years the Lakers will be back. Without LBJ and his 3-7 finals record

Lakers fans have been saying they're 2-3 years away for like 5 years now. They suck now and they will in the future, PG isn't about to change that. Dude does some nice things on the court, but there are levels to this game and he's not up there with LBJ KD Kawhi. Suggesting the Lakers will be good with their immature "stars" is ridiculous. You also act like Indiana's just going to be happy to lose PG and take scraps from LAL in return. Any deal for PG is going to take at least Ingram, Randle, and picks if Indiana is going to take Mozgov's contract back.

51 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Lakers fans have been saying they're 2-3 years away for like 5 years now. They suck now and they will in the future, PG isn't about to change that. Dude does some nice things on the court, but there are levels to this game and he's not up there with LBJ KD Kawhi. Suggesting the Lakers will be good with their immature "stars" is ridiculous. You also act like Indiana's just going to be happy to lose PG and take scraps from LAL in return. Any deal for PG is going to take at least Ingram, Randle, and picks if Indiana is going to take Mozgov's contract back.

It's for picks or they just wait a year and get him for nothing

17 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Just wanted to correct the trade information. Philly is giving up 2 picks not 3.

Boston Receives:

- #3 overall pick (2017)

*- LA's 2018 1st round pick (Boston only receives this pick if it falls between selections 2-5)

*- SAC's 2019 1st round pick (Boston only this pick if they don't get the LA pick. It is reported this pick also has protections at least protecting the #1 pick though this picks details have yet to be released)

Philadelphia Receives: 

- #1 overall pick (2017)

It does put Philly in a very good place though. Fultz should be a perfect compliment to Simmons and Embiid. Additionally they have more strong young talent in Saric and TLC who both ended the season very strong getting Philly unseen wins when Embiid and Simmons were out. They also have Korkmaz (1st round pick compared to Gordon Hayward) who has been playing overseas yet to join them. It should also be noted that even with this trade Philadelphia still has 6 1st round picks over the next 4 years with at least 1 in each year. Not to mention they currently have the most cap space and may try to make a big signing while they have these rookie contracts. Philly's big concern is health but if the players hold up they should emerge quickly as a contender.

21 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Dump Deng 

Select Ball with #2

PG - Ball

SG - Russel

SF - George

PF - Randle

C - Zubac

Lakers are my 2nd favourite team and only US team I've grown to like with the Clippers not getting enough done in the playoffs. It's quite a bright future for the Lakers. Hasn't been the same since Kobe left and ended his career with a 60 point performance. Ingram, Russell, Randle are good pieces for LA to build around and they have this year's pick as well. Fultz will probably go to Philly so Lakers will have quite a lot of options ranging from Ball to Tatum, Fox, Jackson. I think they'll pick Ball. Russell is a good PG but he's not a franchise player you build while Ball has the potential to be a good, consistent scorer and a All Star. Can dish it out, solid mid range game, take it to the lane and create chances to get to the line. I won't be disappointed if we pick him up

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Lakers are my 2nd favourite team and only US team I've grown to like with the Clippers not getting enough done in the playoffs. It's quite a bright future for the Lakers. Hasn't been the same since Kobe left and ended his career with a 60 point performance. Ingram, Russell, Randle are good pieces for LA to build around and they have this year's pick as well. Fultz will probably go to Philly so Lakers will have quite a lot of options ranging from Ball to Tatum, Fox, Jackson. I think they'll pick Ball. Russell is a good PG but he's not a franchise player you build while Ball has the potential to be a good, consistent scorer and a All Star. Can dish it out, solid mid range game, take it to the lane and create chances to get to the line. I won't be disappointed if we pick him up

I think Ball is the better playmaker and Russel the better shooter. I kind of like Russel at SG with Ball at PG. I think they would do great together

• Upvote 1

which owners are worse? Aquallinis or Gilbert?

Rumor has it that Griff was fired because he wasn't entertaining the idea of trading Irving, God I hate this guy ruined lebrons first 7 years, and now he's meddling again.

On a side note if the cavs somehow get cousins while losing Kardashian that'll be a great off season

On 6/18/2017 at 8:26 PM, Hortankin said:

Dump Deng 

Select Ball with #2

PG - Ball

SG - Russel

SF - George

PF - Randle

C - Zubac

That trade would never happen. Mozgov has negative value, teams are literally requesting they send picks or young players with Moz just for them to take him lol.

PG did shoot his value in the foot by basically announcing he will opt out and go to LA but he isn't going to be given away for nothing. He is still a very good rental player and odds are they will flip him by the trade deadline to a team looking to make a big run. If that is all it takes to get him the Cavs would easily top that offer for example. Or even Boston who has 200 draft picks in the next few years.

Deng is also in a similar to Moz now where LA is trying to move him but teams want picks or young players to eat his awful contract. 

Even so if this happened LA would not be a playoff team next season. Likely not even close. That team has a lot of potential but given development they aren't even better than the Pacers team PG is currently on not to mention the lack of depth that team has on the bench. It's also wishful thinking that Ball (despite his fathers rants) will be an immediate difference maker. He is still a 19/20 year old rookie with a lot he needs to work on including his shot, not to mention he struggled repeatedly against some of the better players in the NCAA. The Lakers are improving but still have a long way to go. Keep in mind just how bad they were last season. PG will better them but not by that wide a margin. 

• Upvote 2