The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask theminister Anything

theminister

Maybe....but the price isn't going to go down. I'd pay it now. NJ needs F prospects. I'd give them Shinkaruk straight up, if they'd take it. Either way, regardless of where you get one, that isn't going to come cheap. Expecting to find that and not pay a lot is asking too much. 

I'd be more willing to pay to get the right piece than a 'bargain' in Schenn. 

Nope, the price isn't going to go down. I fully expect we'd have to pay.

Schenn, I view as a whole separate thing. Even if we did pick him up for cheap as a 3rd pairing/spare reclamation project, I'd still want to address the current top 4/future top pair issue we have with our d prospect group.

But on a more important subject, in case I ever get invited to one of these BBQ's, what's Minister's drink of choice?

Nope, the price isn't going to go down. I fully expect we'd have to pay.

Schenn, I view as a whole separate thing. Even if we did pick him up for cheap as a 3rd pairing/spare reclamation project, I'd still want to address the current top 4/future top pair issue we have with our d prospect group.

But on a more important subject, in case I ever get invited to one of these BBQ's, what's Minister's drink of choice?

Who is your suggestion?

Well...that BBQ is very special company. You'd need to reconsider that suggestion to join the CDCGML. You spend enough time on here anyway, thinking and talking about hockey  

Ayahuasca. If you don't have any I like beer, no fruit/wheat, and Lagavulin  

no, i don't think so... my travelling days are over and my bucket list complete...enjoyed the games i went to with young deb...

do you get to talk to any of the players?

That's too bad, joe. If that changes, please let me know. 

Not too often, but occasionally on off days in an elevator or something. I try to leave them to themselves. I'm more interested in talking to the scouts and coaches anyway. 

I do often talk to Charlie Hodge, Punch, and Rick Lanz at Giants games. 

Who is your suggestion?

Well...that BBQ is very special company. You'd need to reconsider that suggestion to join the CDCGML. You spend enough time on here anyway, thinking and talking about hockey  

Ayahuasca. If you don't have any I like beer, no fruit/wheat, and Lagavulin  

If I had a suggestion, I wouldn't be asking you would I? :P

Haven't had time to keep tabs on how young guys are doing this year but (if Anaheim can get there act together) targeting one of Vatanen, Theodore, Montour or Larsson would seem to make sense given that embarrassment of riches and being unlikely they'll have room for all of them. Particularly the first three who have similar skill sets. Obviously I'd prefer one of the RH'ers.

NYI have Pulock and Mayfield as RH'ers specifically.

Caps have Bowey and Carrick.

Habs have Juulsen, Dietz and Ellis.

As for CDCGML...maybe when my boys start school and/or I'm done renovations :lol:

Umm no, no Aya... Mmmm Lagavulin, I think I may have a bottle of that at homeB)

You tried Howe Sound's Grapefruit beer? It's freaking delicious IMO.

If I had a suggestion, I wouldn't be asking you would I? :P

Haven't had time to keep tabs on how young guys are doing this year but (if Anaheim can get there act together) targeting one of Vatanen, Theodore, Montour or Larsson would seem to make sense given that embarrassment of riches and being unlikely they'll have room for all of them. Particularly the first three who have similar skill sets. Obviously I'd prefer one of the RH'ers.

NYI have Pulock and Mayfield as RH'ers specifically.

Caps have Bowey and Carrick.

Habs have Juulsen, Dietz and Ellis.

As for CDCGML...maybe when my boys start school and/or I'm done renovations :lol:

Umm no, no Aya... Mmmm Lagavulin, I think I may have a bottle of that at homeB)

You tried Howe Sound's Grapefruit beer? It's freaking delicious IMO.

I was sticking with the 'can play top 4 right now' as part of your suggestion. I think very few of those you mentioned can. Even Vatanen, who I'd love to grab, is sketchy without the puck. Obviously top prospects would be a major interest for us but they are also hard to acquire. 

Of the names you mention, only Vatanen, Theodore, Pulock and Bowey appeal to me as top 4 potential. I wouldn't target Juulsen. He's way too much of a risk IMO. Ugly skater. 

Is that place in Victoria you are renovating?

I was joking about the Ayahuasca. Never tried it. But if you had some....

I have, and tried most of the Howe Sounds. I just don't like fruit beer. I like savoury, not sweet or citrus, beer. 

I was sticking with the 'can play top 4 right now' as part of your suggestion. I think very few of those you mentioned can. Even Vatanen, who I'd love to grab, is sketchy without the puck. Obviously top prospects would be a major interest for us but they are also hard to acquire. 

Mod the names you mention, only Vatanen, Theodore, Pulock and Bowey appeal to me as top 4 potential. I wouldn't target Juulsen. He's way too much of a risk IMO. Ugly skater. 

Well 'now' would be relative/flexible. I'd prefer the very present 'now' but it could also be  ~next year 'now'. Sorry, that should have been clearer. But those guys coming up may make guys on their current rosters more available as well.  

For example, the Blues have a LOT of quality guys coming up and Shattenkirk's a pending UFA not this summer but next if I recall. Still relatively young as well. I don't know if they'll actually let him go and he wouldn't be cheap but I (and Smithers Joe apparently) would be happy to know if Benning was making calls ::D

Well 'now' would be relative/flexible. I'd prefer the very present 'now' but it could also be  ~next year 'now'. Sorry, that should have been clearer. But those guys coming up may make guys on their current rosters more available as well.  

For example, the Blues have a LOT of quality guys coming up and Shattenkirk's a pending UFA not this summer but next if I recall. Still relatively young as well. I don't know if they'll actually let him go and he wouldn't be cheap but I (and Smithers Joe apparently) would be happy to know if Benning was making calls ::D

Ahhh, gotcha. Yes, that changes the question a bit  

That's a hard deal to make. I don't think there could be a match between us and the Blues for Shattenkirk, though you never know. Could happen, I suppose, but Hamhuis++ would be the likely starting point. 

If you want to deal with the Blues, we should call about Petteri Lindbohm. He can't get in the line-up due to Parayko going beast, might come cheap, and has a very good toolbox. 

/oh, and I edited my previous posts. Sorry 

Ahhh, gotcha. Yes, that changes the question a bit  

That's a hard deal to make. I don't think there could be a match between us and the Blues for Shattenkirk, though you never know. Could happen, I suppose, but Hamhuis++ would be the likely starting point. 

If you want to deal with the Blues, we should call about Petteri Lindbohm. He can't get in the line-up due to Parayko going beast, might come cheap, and has a very good toolbox. 

/oh, and I edited my previous posts. Sorry 

what does the handle "Butt Monkey" imply?  It can't be what I think it is, or the Mods would have scratched it.  So, what is a Butt Monkey?

Of the names you mention, only Vatanen, Theodore, Pulock and Bowey appeal to me as top 4 potential. I wouldn't target Juulsen. He's way too much of a risk IMO. Ugly skater. 

Is that place in Victoria you are renovating?

I was joking about the Ayahuasca. Never tried it. But if you had some....

I have, and tried most of the Howe Sounds. I just don't like fruit beer. I like savoury, not sweet or citrus, beer. 

Sadly we're still in the clutches of the lower mainland. 

Aya sounds interesting. If either  of us happen upon some, I'm game if you are lol. 

So Innis  and Gunn is more up your alley? 

Sadly we're still in the clutches of the lower mainland. 

Aya sounds interesting. If either  of us happen upon some, I'm game if you are lol. 

So Innis  and Gunn is more up your alley? 

Innis and Gunn is ok for a pint or two. Wouldn't want it all night. I like bitter and ales mostly. Dead Frog and Fat Tug are my current standbys. 

I am continuing school now, at Royal Roads, for a B.Comm. 

Call me naive or sheltered but I'd never heard of RRU before this, and it's a public uni to boot. Oh well, most people haven't heard of the institutions I've earned credit from lol.

I am, at least for the time being. 

Are you coming down anytime soon?

What do you do at the Rog?

Royal Roads is a pretty darn good school from what I can tell. 

I'm an event host. 

Wikipedia seems to think it's okay.

General ranking[edit]

Based on the 2011 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), Royal Roads University was ranked 1st public institution for an active and collaborative learning experience and for level of academic challenge[20]

In 2008 the Globe and Mail Canadian University Report gave Royal Roads grades in particular categories along with 55 other universities. The grades are based on the Globe and Mail student satisfaction survey. Royal Roads was one of the 14 universities in the under 4000 students assessment pool and received a grade of B-:[21]

In both the 2009 and 2010 Globe and Mail Canadian University Report Royal Roads received an overall average of A-.[22] For a detailed break down of grades see past footnote.

Business school ranking[edit]

The BCom and MBA programs at Royal Roads were ranked by Corporate Knights Magazine in July 2007. The Royal Roads BCom program placed 28th out of the 47 BCom programs in Canada. The MBA placed 20th out of 35 MBA programs.[23] In 2008 Corporate Knights Magazine dropped the Bcom ranking from 28th to 36th out of 47 Bcom programs in the country.[24] The MBA program dropped from 20th to 31st with the assessment pool for the ranking growing from 35 to 38 MBA programs.[24] In 2009 Corporate Knights Magazine ranked the Bcom 25th overall out of 47 universities and 4th in the Small Sized Business School category.[25] The MBA ranked 22 overall out of 35 universities and 4th in the Small Sized Business School category. It should be noted that Corporate Knights magazine bases its rankings on "the integration of environmental and social issues into university and college programmes."[25]

Archived