The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2, Stars 3

TheRussianRocket.

The hate for Weber is never ending  eh? 

Unbelievable. Cdc does need it's scapegoats obviously. 

Lead canucks dman in goals they said... In only 65 games played they said... It'll be fun they said... The fans will like you they said...  T_T 

Poor webs. 

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

The hate for Weber is never ending  eh? 

Unbelievable. Cdc does need it's scapegoats obviously. 

Lead canucks dman in goals they said... In only 65 games played they said... It'll be fun they said... The fans will like you they said...  T_T 

Poor webs. 

I'll admit I was pretty happy when Benning resigned Weber to a cheap and manageable contract in the summer.

But this season, his weaknesses have really become noticable. Hutton making the team and looking impressive doesn't help Weber either.

15 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

I'll admit I was pretty happy when Benning resigned Weber to a cheap and manageable contract in the summer.

But this season, his weaknesses have really become noticable. Hutton making the team and looking impressive doesn't help Weber either.

He's not the best defensive guy on the planet but although he has no goals this year, his presence really opens up room on the powerplay and even when he's not on the pp.  

Creates more room for our forwards. 

I know there's other ways to improve the pp but not much has worked and it's been costing us games. 

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

He's not the best defensive guy on the planet but although he has no goals this year, his presence really opens up room on the powerplay and even when he's not on the pp.  

I know there's other ways to improve the pp but not much has worked and it's been costing us games. 

That's the one area I think Weber still has value, on the PP. For better or worse, he's our best slap shooting Dman (Edler is just frustrating).

whatever happens to Weber in the offseason, I hope Benning invests in some big shooting Defenceman.

12 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

A couple of things.

Vancouver fans aren't more fickle and less loyal...those are the new breed of "fans", who come by tickets all sorts of ways and show up to be part of something, not necessarily because they live, breathe, eat and sleep hockey.  Those fans are still there (here), but often watching from home.  They'd swoop in in a second and buy up seats for a slightly lesser cost if the others turned away.  The seats would still be filled.

The changing demographic here means some are trying this game out but not all in.  Doesn't mean the die hards aren't still here...we are.

What Miller does is transition us through a very difficult goaltender "loss" scenario that was the culmination of a gong show.  So in bringing in the young guys, you want someone like Miller who is confident, poised and will give them the assurance that someone's back there to pick up any slack.  That if they bobble things, there's a guy who can minimize the damage and it won't be as glaring. 

In stocking the cupboards you still have to have a base to make that go smoothly.  Or at least I feel you do.  I like how we're doing it, but some are impatient and want to win or lose all the games.  Immediate gratification stuff.

I don't question the loyalty of the many crazy Canucks. it's a smaller market than TO so while there are die hard loyal fans in VR, you can't have the same high ticket prices and sustain sell-out crowds if the team drops to the bottom 4. Perhaps the owners are worried the team wouldn't easily recover from a couple of years at the bottom, or more likely they don't want to sacrifice short term profit while they replenish. I worry it will be too late for the twins to hoist a cup if they wait for the team to slowly rebuild. It's probably already too late. 2013 would have been the time start in earnest.   

On 29 November 2015 at 04:18:33, Honky Cat said:

I am a big Horvat fan,great player 5 on 5,but I don't think he's the best option 3 on 3...He's like an F150,when you really need a sports car...Its a fast transition game,you need your best skaters out there..IMO

McCann/Hansen/Edler...Two speedsters balances out Edler

Sedin/Sedin/Tanev...

Vrbata/Burrows/Hutton

Personally I would split the Sedins.

Hank, Burr, Edler

Dank, Vbrata, Tanev

McCann Dorsett/Sutter Hutton

9 hours ago, apollo said:

How does he improve anything when he loses possesion almost every time he touches the puck? He does not win fights along the boards, does not deak out the opposition and cannot even maintain possesion on the PP. AND!!!!!! For an offensive Dman he has 0 GOALS!!!!!! Nice Shot. Ha!!!

Archived