The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2, Stars 3

TheRussianRocket.

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

Same ole same ole - Canucks can't score.

3 shooters.... ZERO goals...

Just can't score when they need it.

Currently 2nd in the conference in GF. 

oh you mean like recently...

last season we were 3rd in GF in the west, 2012 we were 1st, 2011 we were 1st, 2010 we were 1st, 

fair play to Dallas. They are a real good team with real good coaching, players, management, and a real good arena. Even the ice and pucks are real good. 

Dallas is now 18-5-0 seriously talking. They are having a great year.

For us though how many 1game loses will it take? How many games must we be chasing most of the game? It has happened so many times at this rate that it's not being unlucky we are sadly just coming up short for most games. A positive is that we are close to being a solid playoff team again and with some luck we might make a good run. Sadly will be another 1-3years till that happens at the soonest. 

I can't be too mad by the scoreline just wish we could push a tiny bit harder and keep it simple more. We are starting to gain respect among the league again with having guys like Dorsett and Prust which is awesome. No more hit the Sedins and run with no payback days. You touch our stars you know what's happening next time you are on the ice. 

For WD haters saying Higgins shouldn't have been picked. Usually, he has been pretty good at shootouts and my memory says he won us a few games by his stick.

2 hours ago, nom_de_plume said:

I agree Jan.  It's a wait and see year and I didn't have many expectations of our great team this year.  I'm more excited to see what Benning does next offseason.

Answer: Spezza, Seguin, Benn and Klingberg

I guess you could say that the rookies have been playing forever as well?  At least for the majority of their lives.  Well, for the better part of 3/4 of their lives anyways.  I agree there is some frustration with Willie's deployment, but something tells me that he got to the big leagues for a reason.  There will be a learning curve with Willie as coach and I imagine there is a greater plan he is executing along with the input from management in regards to the rookies.  Let's give it some time. 

Three good comments (at least they are pretty close to my own opinion). I want to see Benning go into the draft with a good set of picks. So far I think he has lived up to his billing as I think his two drafts with the Canucks have been good. But I really would like to see him go in with a high first round pick, another first round pick and two or three second round picks (Vbry should be worth a first rounder in trade at the deadline if he keeps up his recent play and Hammer would be worth at least a second. And Bartkowksi, Weber and Prust are all guys who might yield a lower pick (maybe 3rd round).

However, I admit that is nice to see the Canucks win now as well. If the Canucks are in contention at the trade deadline, these trades of players of picks won't happen. The main thing I want to avoid is hanging on to all the guys with expiring contracts then missing the playoffs anyway.

The Stars have an excellent offensive team with Benn, Seguin, etc. Holding them to 2 goals in 65 minutes is pretty good. No reason to complain even though both goals were against the PK.

And I agree that WD is a good coach who is executing a long run plan. Despite focusing on player development (which I think he is doing), he is also picking up more points in the standings (last year and this year) than most people expected.

Once again special teams letting us down. 

Personel is one thing, going with a stale gameplan is another. I feel like this team needs to shake up special teams in any way possible, at very least to see if we can throw off other teams  bit.. or just to get guys going. 

If not for our inability to score on the power play, we'd be doing a whole lot better in the standings.

Just feels like its become a never ending problem for this team..

2 hours ago, milk and honey said:

fair play to Dallas. They are a real good team with real good coaching, players, management, and a real good arena. Even the ice and pucks are real good. 

Dallas is now 18-5-0 seriously talking. They are having a great year.

For us though how many 1game loses will it take? How many games must we be chasing most of the game? It has happened so many times at this rate that it's not being unlucky we are sadly just coming up short for most games. A positive is that we are close to being a solid playoff team again and with some luck we might make a good run. Sadly will be another 1-3years till that happens at the soonest. 

I can't be too mad by the scoreline just wish we could push a tiny bit harder and keep it simple more. We are starting to gain respect among the league again with having guys like Dorsett and Prust which is awesome. No more hit the Sedins and run with no payback days. You touch our stars you know what's happening next time you are on the ice. 

For WD haters saying Higgins shouldn't have been picked. Usually, he has been pretty good at shootouts and my memory says he won us a few games by his stick.

Has it occurred to you, most teams can't live with Dallas just now but the Canucks, a team in transition, not only outshot them but came back against them and took the game to a shootout?

Why do so many on here keep seeing the negative side all the time. We shouldn't even be getting results as good as we have been, in transition, especially considering the injuries to key players.

I'm happy we got the single point ..the game was heading for a certain loss..IMO..The pp's at the end of the game were big.

I still don't get WD's selection of players 3 on 3..seems to put players out there who are not the quickest.. (Horvat,Edler)..When put against speedy elite scorers,.these players get exposed in a hurry.

Canucks have done well against two tough opponents on the road,lets keep it going...

tough break still picked up a point so far way better than the last marathon road trip .The team may have turned the corner.I guess the real test comes on the back to back when we play the kings.It may be the telling tale of the team these up comming two games if the team is for real playoff team.

We were the better team 5v5, special teams killed us. Played half the ot a man down on a too many man that Dallas did the same just before we got called for it, that's why willie was furious. Higgs was the right choice in the shoot out as he is very good at it. Got a point from one of the hottest teams on the road, 3out of 4 so far on to the Quacks they are ripe for the taking.

I am pretty happy with the result. Dallas is a strong team, we kept them to two goals in regulation and came back from a 2-1 deficit to tie the game in the 3rd. Not to mention we outshout them 36-25 and we were on the road. 

Another one goal loss is frustrating, but I don't mind them so much when we come from behind to tie it and get the loser point. Just hate giving up leads.

Benn, Seguin, Spezza, Sharp. Rare that a team will have two elite level talents plus an additional two bonafide first line players. The Blackhawks dynasty comes to mind. 

I thought the 4th line was our best all game long. Dors and Prust get in on the forecheck and even try to set up some pretty pass plays. A few shifts they cycled like the sedins for good possessions. 

Miller was outstanding again, he almost stole that one for us! Two great games in a row, hopefully he gets hot now

Archived