The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Re-unite the old Horvat line!!!

RakuRaku

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

As good as Hansen has been with the twins we need him on one of the other lines for depth scoring.

The twins can produce with anyone. We need Hansen's spark in the bottom 6.

Hansen Horvat Burrows.  I have been begging for this since 2014 training camp.

4 hours ago, duc_evo said:

OP is right.... Hornet needs Keninis to create separation for him. Everyone who says OP and I are wrong are stupid. I've said this before. Preseason is different from regular season play. Sven has faded away or floated himself off the ice. 

Bring up Gaunce to replace Prust, Bring up Shinkaruk to replace Sven poor play. Trade Higgins/ Hamhius/ Vrbata/Webber/and Prust.

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Burrows Sutter Virtanen

Shinkaruk Horvat Keninis

Gaunce McCann Dorsett

Kenins played a hard nose game long enough to stick around.  after 5-6 games he completely stopped hitting and was totally invisible.  That continued this year in the pre-season, thus why he was sent down.  I'll take Sven, and his 30 point pace, every day of the week.

9 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Last I heard was that Kenins was a healthy scratch in Utica....I think he completely forgot what got him to the NHL,he didn't hit anyone in training camp..

This is true, sadly. I was especially disappointed with his play during the  Calgary series. Kenins should have been hitting out there, seeing how Ferland was treating our Defencemen.

Chances in this league are rare, so he needs to slowly climb back just to get another opportunity.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Kenins played a hard nose game long enough to stick around.  after 5-6 games he completely stopped hitting and was totally invisible.  That continued this year in the pre-season, thus why he was sent down.  I'll take Sven, and his 30 point pace, every day of the week.

That's not true, Kenins played good for more than "5-6" games, more like the last quarter of the season.

Kenins had 12 points in 30 games last season, Sven has 7 in 20. So unless Sven can  conjure up 5 points in his next 10 starts...

4 hours ago, Canucks Prophet said:

This is true, sadly. I was especially disappointed with his play during the  Calgary series. Kenins should have been hitting out there, seeing how Ferland was treating our Defencemen.

Chances in this league are rare, so he needs to slowly climb back just to get another opportunity.

Lol what? Kenins had a goal and assist in 5 games and was part of our very effective 4th line in that series. Why would you rather have him hitting than scoring? This year has been a whole different story, but that doesn't change how effective he was last year.

Just now, Time Lord said:

Lol what? Kenins had a goal and assist in 5 games and was part of our very effective 4th line in that series. Why would you rather have him hitting than scoring? This year has been a whole different story, but that doesn't change how effective he was last year.

Kenins was giving heavy hits WHILE scoring during the season. During the playoffs, he was still fairly good offensively, but I hardly saw him using his size.

Wow! Less than a day I started this thread, Kenins aka the Latvian locomotive has been recalled!!! Can't wait to see him out there with the crash & burn style of hockey!! If he can keep up a good level of performance, we might see Baertschi gone pretty soon.... I know they are 2 completely different types of players but we gotta keep the ones that can contribute on the roster...

12 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Wow! Less than a day I started this thread, Kenins aka the Latvian locomotive has been recalled!!! Can't wait to see him out there with the crash & burn style of hockey!! If he can keep up a good level of performance, we might see Baertschi gone pretty soon.... I know they are 2 completely different types of players but we gotta keep the ones that can contribute on the roster...

Sven will stay on the roster until Hunter has graduated from Green's school of Utica knocks!

I like the idea. So something like this?

Prust-McCann-Vrbata

Higgins-Cracknell-Burrows

Kenins-Horvat-Dorsett

Or switch Higgins and Prust? I personally like the idea of having Prust with McCann so that we have someone who can step in if things get nasty.

Archived