The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver woman assaulted after trying to stop racist slurs

key2thecup

Vancouver commuter punched, kicked after ‘politely’ asking women to stop shouting racist slurs: police

The two suspects were seen boarding a westbound train heading for Waterfront Station shortly after the attack.
Vancouver Transit Police handoutThe two suspects were seen boarding a westbound train heading for Waterfront Station shortly after the attack.

VANCOUVER — Police are asking the public for help identifying two young women suspected of beating up a bystander who asked them to stop shouting racist slurs at a SkyTrain station earlier this fall.

The two suspects were allegedly harassing non-white passengers on the lower concourse level of the Granville SkyTrain station on Sept. 19 at 12:25 a.m., according to a Transit Police press release.

Vancouver Transit Police handout
Vancouver Transit Police handoutBoth women are described as white and in their mid-20s, with long, straight brown hair and brown eyes.

When another woman politely asked them to stop, they allegedly punched her, knocked her to the ground, kicked her and grabbed her by the hair. She broke free and managed to call police, but had to be taken to hospital for treatment of cuts and bruises, a black eye and arm injuries.

The two suspects were seen boarding a westbound train heading for Waterfront Station shortly after the attack. To date, investigators have been unable to identify the women, and now they’re distributing surveillance photos of the pair in the hope someone knows who they are.

Both women are described as white and in their mid-20s, with long, straight brown hair and brown eyes. They were wearing short black dresses with high heels at the time of the attack.

One of the suspects is described as having a full-figured build and was wearing a short, light-coloured denim jacket and carrying a black and white clutch. The other woman is said to be taller and slimmer, and was carrying a black jacket and large black shoulder bag.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/vancouver-commuter-punched-kicked-after-politely-asking-women-to-stop-shouting-racist-slurs-police

8 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Alright I'm sending my boys to capture these b!tches and bring them to the American police. They will "take care" of them.

Doesn't matter if they're drunk. When I'm drunk af I don't start yelling out racist slurs to minorities.

they're white, so nothing would happen

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What is full figured?  Is that a euphemism for a fat assed, foul mouthed, stupid piece of white trash, who should be in prison cleaning the vomit off her cell floor?  Just asking^_^

I was going to ask the same question myself, big Alf :P

Two skanks on a big night out...starting out with a good dust up.  Bet they did well for themselves on their big night out...prolly got pounded good and was given bus fare home.  Where's Patrick Kane when you need him?

1 minute ago, HK Phooey said:

I was going to ask the same question myself, big Alf :P

Two skanks on a big night out...starting out with a good dust up.  Bet they did well for themselves on their big night out...prolly got pounded good and was given bus fare home.  Where's Patrick Kane when you need him?

Home being..I wonder..Surrey maybe?  Sorry Surrey people.  It could be Langley.^_^

3 minutes ago, Offensive Threat said:

They were heading to Waterfront station. North Shore is more and more like Jersey shore all the time lol.

I like Sky train, but it has become an artery for Surrey scum to spread more rapidly.  I don't know they were pond scum too, and floated across To North Van?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I like Sky train, but it has become an artery for Surrey scum to spread more rapidly.  I don't know they were pond scum too, and floated across To North Van?

Surely you say that in jest (right?). Surrey residents are in no way different from those living across the river or another arbitrary boundary.

2 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

Surely you say that in jest (right?). Surrey residents are in no way different from those living across the river or another arbitrary boundary.

Have you been there?  If you go there, look at the back of the welcome sign while leaving.  You'll notice it reads: " Leaving Surrey. Resume Normal Behaviour". ^_^

Archived