The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Ana-Van

This is one of those way out to left field proposals, but One that I beleive could make some sense. But very unlikely to ever happen for several reasons. 

Right to to the point. We ship out Hamhuis, Miller, 2016 1st Rd pick, and a prospect to Anaheim for Fredrick Andersson. The Ducks will be shipping a goalie out sooner or later. Andersson will be commanding a hefty raise at the end of the year with arbitration rights. The ducks will not want to pay him his demands when they have Gibson in the wakes and it looks like he may try to run with the starters job now. Anaheim will want to make the playoffs and go deep. They have played like crap early on but they will still make it with the pacific being so weak. I also believe they will  get better down the stretch. With Miller he is closer to home and gives you that proven veteran goalie for the playoffs and to compliment and mentor Gibson for the rest of this year and next. Hamhuis is to shore up the D and help mentor there young guys. A first Rd pick will be required because Andersen will fetch a big return. I'm honestly not sure if Vancouver has the personnel to pull off this trade. But it's an idea. I see it working for both. 

Edit: Good points made that our first may be quite valuable. Dunno how I let that slip my mind but I did. I'd still do a Hamhuis, Miller and prospect though for Andersen. Regarding the cap if we need to retain then retain. We are going to have the benefit of cap space next year. 

1 hour ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Anderson? The same guy who gifted the Hawks last years win after some terrible bad angle goals?

Do you watch hockey outside of the sportsnet preview shows?

Do you frequently base your judgement of players based on the sample size of 7 games?

We will likely have Markstrom and Demko as our tandem in a couple of year's time. Why would we want to get Andersson?

EDIT: I don't even see why Anaheim would do this. Their young proven starter for an old starter? This isn't even considering the cap. lol

9 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

LOL!! Tough losses really bring out the frustration in people by making terrible proposals. I'm also torn and want to salvage the season. But NOT at that price.

Nothing to do with the loss. These are the Canucks I expected this season. 

12 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

You sure you want to part with our 2016 1st round pick?

We're tied for the least amount of wins in the whole league and sit 4 points out of the basement.

I dunno how that slipped my mind. My bad. You're right I wouldn't want to part with that pick if we keep playing this way. 

38 minutes ago, The Lock said:

We will likely have Markstrom and Demko as our tandem in a couple of year's time. Why would we want to get Andersson?

EDIT: I don't even see why Anaheim would do this. Their young proven starter for an old starter? This isn't even considering the cap. lol

Demko is at least 4-5 years away. Goalies take time to develop. He won't be ready by the time Millers contract is up. Anaheim does it because they get a veteran to mentor Gibson ho is there future and a goalie with a proven playoff record (even though Miller has eaten crap some playoffs). And they get a veteran d who can help in the playoffs as well as be a mentor with Bieksa. Just my thought

1 minute ago, Tyl3z said:

Demko is at least 4-5 years away. Goalies take time to develop. He won't be ready by the time Millers contract is up. Anaheim does it because they get a veteran to mentor Gibson ho is there future and a goalie with a proven playoff record (even though Miller has eaten crap some playoffs). And they get a veteran d who can help in the playoffs as well as be a mentor with Bieksa. Just my thought

Schneider only took 3 years from his draft to being a backup for the Canucks. While there might be a year in between Miller's contract and that time, it's only a year.

Archived