The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Grab a D from the Blues

86Viking

The Blues have depth on D.

Gunnarsson seems to be the guy they would move the most, could be a filler for hamhuis.

I was thinking more about their young D

Vince Dunn, Tommy Vanelli, Jordan Schmaltz

Getting one of the above 3 especially the later 2 who are both in the ahl, would add some depth to our prospect pool

Was really hoping we were gonna get Dunn in last years draft, seems like he is a solid pick.

Thoughts on what it would take to get one of the 3?

1 minute ago, Gstank29 said:

Parayko ::D but out of the three Dunn interests me the most

they wont move parayko especially not with shattenkirk contract coming into play in the next year or so. Dunn will cost the most right now I presume. Schmaltz seems to be having an ok ahl season, none of the 3 bring the physical play i dont think though

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to see us trading Vrbata at the deadline for a young D with size and some offensive upside from either the Blues or the Preds - they both have good depth on D.  Maybe Vrbata for Carl Gunnarsson or else Mattias Ekholm. 

The only issue is the Blues lack of cap space - the Canucks would have to absorb some of Vrbata's salary if he went to the Blues - but maybe not if he went to the Preds. Now that Biega has proved himself more reliable defensively than Weber, I could see the Canucks sending Vrbata+Weber to the Preds for Ekholm. Hamhuis back to his old team with Vrbata is another option.

My apologies to Yotes,.

I did not see this thread and just started one as a proposal:   Virbata for Shatenkirk..

Yotes is right, there is something about the Blues D that looks appealing.

On December 15, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Yotes said:

The Blues have depth on D.

Gunnarsson seems to be the guy they would move the most, could be a filler for hamhuis.

I was thinking more about their young D

Vince Dunn, Tommy Vanelli, Jordan Schmaltz

Getting one of the above 3 especially the later 2 who are both in the ahl, would add some depth to our prospect pool

Was really hoping we were gonna get Dunn in last years draft, seems like he is a solid pick.

Thoughts on what it would take to get one of the 3?

Honestly, I think the blues are interested in adding a scoring winger like Vrbata. They have a lot of prospects. I think it is totally possible, that with Van retaining some salary, we could flip Vrbata for one of those guys. Either Schmaltz or Vanneli could be big for us depth wise. Maybe a pick or so to add fairness but it's very possible

St.louis gets Schwartz back just after the all star break I believe. They dont have a ton of room cap wise, so we likely would have to retain25-50% of vrbata salary.

If we could get Vannelli or Schmaltz as a return for Vrbata I think we should do it. We wont be missing Vrbata imo, he hasnt been a great fit with Bo and Baer, that line is doing well but he isnt sniping. Even on the PP we cant seem to get Verbie going.

There are options for the Sedin winger: Hansen, Sutter, Virtanen, Etem even.

We have to continue this youth movement and moving an aging scoring winger to a team who might be willing to deal from an area of strength prospect rhd, which just so happens to be a big area of need for us.

Vrbata 50% retained for schmaltz/Vannelli and a 4th/5th pick maybe as well?

Archived