The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Linden Vey still here?

Mattrek

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

What if Vey has been traded for Stamkos?

First line center (at least to WD) for first line center. Seems legit. Make it happen Benning!

Willie would stand in the way if that trade because Linden is good ... Real good

and beause Willie is an incompetant  fool 

He takes a lot of unnecessary bashing. Vey isn't an underachieving cancer like Messier, but you would think he was by reading this board.  Vey is Vey, a young fringe NHLer,  just like how he was when we picked him up. 

If LINDEN VEY is our biggest issue then we aren't doing as bad as I thought. We are just past our best before date. Long past. And this off season I'm sure we will clean house. Most trade deadlines are all hype, they are rarely as exciting as made out to be. The draft is going to be interesting though. 

1 minute ago, Frazzy Desjardins said:

He takes a lot of unnecessary bashing. Vey isn't an underachieving cancer like Messier, but you would think he was by reading this board.  Vey is Vey, a young fringe NHLer,  just like how he was when we picked him up. 

If LINDEN VEY is our biggest issue then we aren't doing as bad as I thought. We are just past our best before date. Long past. And this off season I'm sure we will clean house. Most trade deadlines are all hype, they are rarely as exciting as made out to be. The draft is going to be interesting though. 

Agreed, 

Vey gets heat for his over-deployment, not his fault,

also, the farcical performances of Burrows and Vrbata at a combined almost 10M is far more troubling then Vey who at least is showing a bit of improvement , i don't see him as a full time NHLer tho.

Vey has been hurt and missed a couple of games. It looked like the whole team played much better against the Avs Sunday night. Cracknell has been scoring and is looking pretty good, doesn't mind the dirty area in front of the net and has good hands. These are the kind of gritty players Canucks need. Virtanen is also. There is still lots to do to improve this team particularly the D.

1 hour ago, snucks said:

Vey has been hurt and missed a couple of games. It looked like the whole team played much better against the Avs Sunday night. Cracknell has been scoring and is looking pretty good, doesn't mind the dirty area in front of the net and has good hands. These are the kind of gritty players Canucks need. Virtanen is also. There is still lots to do to improve this team particularly the D.

Ha-ha, of course, why not

On 2/20/2016 at 2:20 PM, Positive Canuck said:

Agreed, 

Vey gets heat for his over-deployment, not his fault,

also, the farcical performances of Burrows and Vrbata at a combined almost 10M is far more troubling then Vey who at least is showing a bit of improvement , i don't see him as a full time NHLer tho.

All I saw was he's not a full time NHLER from what you wrote

I see Shinkaruk as only a career Ahler 

On 2/20/2016 at 9:20 AM, chilliwiggins said:

Vey was a healthy scratch last night in Calgary while all the Canucks Scouts were having a meeting with Management in Cowtown.

Maybe Vey is getting traded and it would make sense to do so considering we have such a poor record in the circle.   The Center position definatly needs upgrading, and I don't see Horvat ,Hank,or Sutter, and McCann, going anywhere so he would most likely be the ODD MAN OUT.    Being the worst in the league at this position makes him an easy target and I personally think we need a serious upgrade in the circle. 

I would like to think he may be included in a package.

Worst in the league? Which is worse....

7G 6A in 50GP (.26 pts per game) with a FO 35.5% or

2G 7A in 23GP (.39 pts per game) with a FO 46.9%

When it comes to knocking Vey gross exaggeration seems the name of the game.

On January 7, 2016 at 10:28 PM, Mattrek said:

I get that we have some injuries, but wouldn't it be better to try to bring an AHL guy who deserves a shot with the big league?

Well, now that Vey has been put on the dead man walking list I think the problem is solved. 

VAN has let other 29 teams know they are open for business on: Vey, Bartkowski, Kenins, Cracknell, Higgins, Prust and Weber.

Archived