Canucks Community

Zalewski reassigned. Prust & McCann extras in practice

Boddy604

So Zalewski is on his way back to Utica. In practice, lines are:

Sedin-Sutter-Hansen

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Burrows-Vey-Etem

Dorsett-Cracknell-Virtanen

So McCann looks to be getting a day off. Prust is scratched for a 3rd consecutive game. And Sutter will man the top line.

I think it's safe now for us to assume Prust isn't going to be here after the break.

Its hard to figure lines out knowing that WD will want to keep McCann and Virtanen on separate lines. The way this would make most sense is to alternate the lineups depending on whether its McCann's game or Virtanen's.

McCann:

Sedin Sedin Sutter

Baer Bo Vrbata

Burrows McCann Hansen

Dorsett Vey Etem

Virtanen

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Baer Bo Vrbata

Burrows Sutter Etem

Dorsett Cracknell Virt

2 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Got a feeling Zalewski will come back soon once we can resolve the Prust situation. Zalewski looks to be a much better fit for our 4th line.

I hope he does. Once Henrik gets back someone else has to leave too though. So  Prust just opens up a spot for Henrik. So many potential line combos I'm not even going to try and guess lol. 

14 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Prust needs to go due to the roster #... then it'll be between Zalewski and Cracknell. I don't mind keeping Very around as he's looking good with Etem and Burrows. 

Trading Vrbata and Weber away would definitely help too!

Agreed. When's the last time Weber even played? If there ain't someone calling for him, put him on waivers and be done with it. Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more Fedun

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Biega

Sbisa-Fedun

Sutter needs to get worked into the line-up gradually imo.  Putting him against the leagues top lines right off the bat might be asking too much.  The rest of the league is in mid-season form and he's essentially just getting back into full game shape nevermind mid-season conditioning. 

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Sutter needs to get worked into the line-up gradually imo.  Putting him against the leagues top lines right off the bat might be asking too much.  The rest of the league is in mid-season form and he's essentially just getting back into full game shape nevermind mid-season conditioning. 

I think given that Horvat and Vey have been playing top minutes recently, they could just go that route again. Just give Sutter the offensive zone starts to get Daniel more time at the net, something that was lacking with McCann.

24 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I think the guy was questioning you because usually the term 'short leash' means that any small mistake results in immediate repercussion. 

He probably just wanted to bait someone.

Wonder what the plan is once Henrik is back?

22 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

first post  oooo  .   i think hes gonna take time as his injury was a bad one.

Oh for sure.  I just hope he eases back into it and doesn't push too hard to quickly.  I have seen way too many players end up right back on IR by pushing too hard. 

Archived