The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petition to dump Mike Milbury from NBC gaining steam.

nuckin_futz

6 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Hey... THE CROW!  He's still coaching, but maybe he's the energetic, opinionated SOB we need here for this role.  I hear him on the radio now and then, and he's usually calm, but with some training he could amp it up and get this market buzzing about all the crap that goes on game to game, while at the same time actually being a full-fledged Canucks homer.

Thinking there may be a future in broadcasting for him when the coaching gig ends.

He's on the Bro Jake Show on 1040 in the mornings as a guest quite often.  

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm happy I haven't the misfortune to be the benchmark for idiotic trades.  Add in the fact that he's a classless douchenozzle and it should be a no brainer to fire him.

Oh I don't like him either but the op does have a point. If people tune in to hear his stupidity then nbc is happy I guess.

6 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

When will the Canucks get their own douchebag commentator that attacks teams other than the Canucks?

I wonder who it would even be...

Bertuzzi?  He's aloof enough.  But the Steve Moore History will keep him out of any booth, let lone the hypocrisy spotlight.  That and his chaw makes him hard to understand.

Brad May?  He's been on air before I think.  Too nice and likable.

Gary Valk tries a bit here, but isn't quite as loud and obnoxious as would be needed.

Jovocop?  Not sure if he would be interested.  I believe he lives in Florida.

Matt Cooke?  That would be something.  lol

Maybe need to go older guys.  These guys would be commentator greenhorns.

Dave Babych?  I see him lurkin' around the snack bar.  What's he like with a mic?

Gino?  Not sure if he's fully recovered, but wishing him well.  Probably not suited for the job.

Geoff Courtnall?  Hmmm.  Not sure.  Prob. not.

Big Sergio?  Could be something there, dunno what he's up to.

Greg Adams?  Greg Adams?  Greg Adams?!?  Prob. not.

Tim Hunter?  Has a coaching gig already I think?

Wait a minute...

Hey... THE CROW!  He's still coaching, but maybe he's the energetic, opinionated SOB we need here for this role.  I hear him on the radio now and then, and he's usually calm, but with some training he could amp it up and get this market buzzing about all the crap that goes on game to game, while at the same time actually being a full-fledged Canucks homer.

Thinking there may be a future in broadcasting for him when the coaching gig ends.

tiger willam's

8 hours ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Kind of like when the commentator during a Bruins game said "Bruins never play dirty" right before Marchand pulls a dirty play last year? LOL

LOL indeed but I do remember the NBC panel having an orgasm on Brad Marchand and raving about him during the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs (before the finals). I think they used word "courageous" in describing Marchand.

Archived