The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

College free agents

2 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

We are pretty set at Wing

Virtanen

Boeser

Baertschi

(if we don't go D, then it will be a winger. The only Centre in the top 7/8 is Matthews)

Rodin

Hansen

Dorsett

McCann?????

Gaunce

Grenier

Zalewski

and maybe a UFA (I think Benning is thinking of signing a UFA. He said Rodin will be competing for a 3rd line position)

Also College UFA look at a teams depth chart and ours is loaded at forward

You know Tanev is a winger right?

Half those players you listed will not likely be on the roster next season either. There's always room for more talent in the system.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We already have safe bottom 6 players like Tanev. We don't need any more of those.

What we need is a dynamic skilled winger that can put the puck in the net. They didn't think they had that in Shinkaruk and there's no guarantees Rodin will be that guy.

What's the contract count after the Rodin signing?  Anybody

I think what ever space they have left will have to do until July 1 barring trades.  Just wondering because Benning will be after free agents from the college and pro ranks and I think they are only a couple of contracts shy of the limit of 50.

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

I think what ever space they have left will have to do until July 1 barring trades.  Just wondering because Benning will be after free agents from the college and pro ranks and I think they are only a couple of contracts shy of the limit of 50.

I think they have 3 contract spots left right now. That's before Hamhuis, Prust and Vrbata become free agents.

We'll more than likely be letting some prospects go as well as maybe a Burrows trade/buyout.

I don't think we have to worry about contract numbers.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You know Tanev is a winger right?

Half those players you listed will not likely be on the roster next season either. There's always room for more talent in the system.

Yes I know he is, but in this case we may have a inside track. I would rather have Tanev for a lot of different reason.

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I think we are at 46 right now, But Rodin counts towards next year

Just now, Gstank29 said:

Yes I know he is, but in this case we may have a inside track. I would rather have Tanev for a lot of different reason.

With Gaunce, Zalewski, and possibly McCann or Granlund shifting to wing we really don't have room on the left side in the bottom 6.

14 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

We are pretty set at Wing

Virtanen

Boeser

Baertschi

(if we don't go D, then it will be a winger. The only Centre in the top 7/8 is Matthews)

Rodin

Hansen

Dorsett

McCann?????

Gaunce

Grenier

Zalewski

and maybe a UFA (I think Benning is thinking of signing a UFA. He said Rodin will be competing for a 3rd line position)

Also College UFA look at a teams depth chart and ours is loaded at forward

I'd agree. I would even go as far as to separate the players into top six and bottom six (on your list): 

Top Six: 

- Virtanen

- Boeser

- Baertschi

- Hansen

Bottom Six: 

- Dorsett

- Gaunce 

- Grenier

- Zalewski

I personally think McCann is going to start the season in Utica. 

Just now, Gstank29 said:

Stetchers skating ability would be above average in the NHL. Kid can fly but isn't purely a north south skater

First time I've seen him play.  Nice play there recognizing the line change -- danced right up the middle, split the D and forced a penalty.  Doesn't look like he has a lot of strength though?

On 3/24/2016 at 9:10 PM, Crabcakes said:

45.  Plenty of room for contracts between now and July 1.

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:16 PM, DeNiro said:

With Gaunce, Zalewski, and possibly McCann or Granlund shifting to wing we really don't have room on the left side in the bottom 6.

Have I missed something?  Zalewski was great on face offs when he was called up earlier.

Archived