The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arena Music & Atmosphere

JV77

On 3/8/2016 at 9:12 PM, lolwut? said:

I've said this before this season a couple times.

There is only so much you can expect from the crowd and their engagement when a sizeable portion of it is corporate.. full stop. They as well as other non-corporate, but disinterested fans who are only there for a hangout who talk or are on their phone the entire game are never going to be a recipe for a great crowd. They are as lifeless as our team is soft.

As for the music, I dunno wtf they don't bring in a DJ who actually knows and plays more than one type of music. 
I have watched every home game this season,  and aside from a couple of the players goal song choices, I can't recall the last time I heard a rock song.. It's now limited to pop and top forty from the last 3 years on repeat.. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. 

You wanna set the atmosphere,  well, you're not gonna get it done with whoever the got right now.. they suck BAD

You're bang on about the suit crowd. But I have noticed a big difference in the last few weeks since ticket prices have dropped. There's a lot more families and kids especially. Definitely makes a bit of difference. 

Also think that doing things like that horn used in Washington during the play to lead cheers should be tried.

People love to hate the canucks, nevermind the sea of whatever color the team is... half the building when toronto or Calgary shows up is wearing another teams jersey. I think it's Nashville that does not allow you to come to their arena wearing a bother teams jersey. 

Yes it turns some people away but I bet they just pick a different shirt. 

Show up have a sip of the kool-aid and get your orca on. 

On 3/8/2016 at 9:56 AM, snucks said:

I believe there is a concerted effort to tone down Rogers Arena atmosphere. Even the organ music is dull. I have noticed that minor hockey games are using tame music a lot too.

There are people wrecking the game of hockey. Hockey was never meant to be a game for the faint of heart. They need to go back to one ref and less TV time-outs, and bring back music that boosts up the crowd and hence the team.

Yeah, Canucks fans are starting to get as bad as hockey fans in Sweden...

regards,  G.

36 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Yeah, Canucks fans are staring to get as bad as hockey fans in Sweden...

regards,  G.

Question, how does one post the YouTube video in to the comment as a video instead of just a link?

4 minutes ago, Roberts said:

Question, how does one post the YouTube video in to the comment as a video instead of just a link?

Dunno really. I just copy the URL, right click/paste it to the body and presto chango there it is.  :)

regards,  G.

There's too many people that come to the arena that don't care about the team. The Rogers arena audience isn't a reflection of the die hard fans. 

People on dates... People coming just so they can snapchat or insta that they did something that was expensive... Etc 

You can't change the city's demographic. 

Too many stuck up people in Vancouver. Cheering is frowned upon... They're just too cool for it. 

On 3/8/2016 at 11:36 AM, Fred65 said:

As a season ticket holder you should some how feel "cared" for but when you walk in you're treated the same as the gjuy that's paid $15 for a ticket from a resale or even the 'Nucks selling family pach for $45 a seat and then give them popcorn soda and  movie passes. I stand in a line to pay $11.5 for two ice creams ( I can buy 2 gallons for that price at Safeway)  and then right next to me some schmuk who has little interest in hockey is getting freebies makes you wonder who they want to take care of or who their priority is

This.

I am a season ticket holder and i completely agree.

12 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Did you miss Angel of Death/Master of Puppets/Ace of Spades whenever we got a powerplay?

Let's say that this is true.. the entire rest of the game is top40 and mainstream hits.. Its tough to argue that the music is the Rog is anything other than lame.. I have to mute my tv a lot of the time when I watch home games.

I agree with the post but I have seen some of the more faithful canuck fans make an appearance at a few games.

Chants of go canucks go pop up more frequently when the building is half emtpy, maybe its because the hardcores will still go to the games when the team is losing? 

The olympics were great, but canucks arena atmosphere is horrible. Cant bang on the glass or get too loud, people have to use their phones....

Hockey is a supposed to be a rough and tumble sport played and watched by people who are tough and full of energy. Not about slogans or catch phrases. The music should reflect what we want out of our team. There is sooo much better music out there than the crap they play. We could use an aggressive boost to the music but I'm sure it would scare most of the ticket holders, as we have this overpriced west coast economy that allows only the rich, corporate and non-hockey cultured to have seasons tickets( for the most part ). I would love to hear music that was fast, heavy hitting and no nonsense at the games and maybe it would crossover to our team. How about this as an opening song....

Some video calloge of the young guns throwing hits and scoring, a couple Dorsett fights, vintage video of Bure, Linden, McLean, plus beauty Sedin passing and finishing. This would get the boys and the fans ready for some fast, smash mouth hockey. We have a few physical guys either here or on the way( Virtanen, Dorsett, Pedan, Sbisa, Tryamkin, Gaunce ) time to get them fired up.

Just my opinion

50 minutes ago, lolwut? said:

Let's say that this is true.. the entire rest of the game is top40 and mainstream hits.. Its tough to argue that the music is the Rog is anything other than lame.. I have to mute my tv a lot of the time when I watch home games.

To be fair, it's taken a serious downturn as of late. All of last year, and earlier this year it seemed to be better.

36 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

To be fair, it's taken a serious downturn as of late. All of last year, and earlier this year it seemed to be better.

You had mentioned Master of Puppets well you were right, thry did play Enter Sandman in tonights game.....

On the organ. Lol >_<

I think the individual songs are cool but I think we need a unified goal song.  It makes the team and crowd really get into it if they hear the same song over and over again.  

I miss iss the old U2 intro too but that intro has no weight too it if the team is middling. So leaving it for now is fine.

have you gone to the games, you look to left and you see some couple in their 40s with young kids, look to the right and you a couple of rich girls. Hate to be that guy, but the type of people who make a good atmosphere are men aged like 18-30, maybe older if they're drunk

I posted this on another thread too - its a great idea from the town hall.

I'm bringing this one back up again, because at the town hall this week a season ticket holder had a great suggestion to make a section where people could shout, stand, make noise, anything to wake up Rogers Arena. Its a fantastic idea. I've emailed my support for this but I think it will take a lot of people sending in emails to the Canucks front office to support this idea. Linden actually said someone asked him to turn the music down during the games... ugh. Anyway having a rowdy section is a fantastic idea - let them know you want it. If you don't have a season ticket package and a personal email to contact use fanservices@canucks.com

9 minutes ago, drsofthands said:

have you gone to the games, you look to left and you see some couple in their 40s with young kids, look to the right and you a couple of rich girls. Hate to be that guy, but the type of people who make a good atmosphere are men aged like 18-30, maybe older if they're drunk

They should take Sec 301 and make it the rowdy section where people can stand and yell and bring up the atmosphere in the building. Plus they can shout down on the opposing goalie for 2 periods. 

Over the past few years I've been to games in Tampa, Arizona, Denver, Calgary and Winnipeg, and they ALL have a much better atmosphere than Vancouver. It's a fun outing to see games there. The crowd is vocal and passionate, everyone has a jersey on, there's a buzz. In Vancouver, I sense there's also a lot of well-to-do people in the good seats, who don't seem to care one way or the other that they're there. You see the texting and the blank faces. I've been in the upper deck a bunch of times to see games and it's not as bad there, but still, there always seems to be people behind me that talk about their work or what they did last weekend etc.

I don't like our intro to the game, and I also miss the Streets Have No Name intro, used to give me shivers when the lights went down - and I hate U2. I'm a metal head, so I would love to hear more of that stuff to charge up the place. More Metallica, some Machine Head, Maiden, Five Finger Death Punch, etc. I'm wondering, do you think there's a slight possibility that they don't play this aggressive music because they don't want the fans to become...aggressive? Ridiculous, if that's the case.

If I hear a Buble song at a game, I'll flip

Archived