Daniel Sprong

Rasmus Andersson

2017 Carolina 3rd

To Carolina:

Connor Hellebuyck

Jonathan Dahlen

Mike Fisher

@Baer. @Patrick Kane

Thanks to @morrissex95 for working this out a few weeks ago.

While @D-Money and I were not thrilled with the idea of parting with Hellebuyck, it was either part with him now or lose him for free in expansion. 

Daniel Sprong and Rasmus Andersson are players we are both incredibly high on. It is very possibly that both Sprong and Andersson find their way to the NHL next year, so the fact that we were able to get them both was a major win for us.

Good series @Monty and @D-Money, I expect many more in the future.

Looks like I'm in tough against @Patrick Kane since everything went perfectly for him the last 2 days. But if you told me I'd make the WCF with Oilers and Leafs as my main core, I'd happily take it.

The final 4 seems oddly similar to the RL 2010 final 4 - with the 7 and 8 seeds meeting in the east, and the top 2 seeded Sharks and Hawks meeting in the west.

Good hard fought battle between me and @Dion Phaneuf. Could've went either way but managed to find a way to take it at the end. Excited to battle @DoughtysCheck but not really expecting much. He has arguably one of the hottest netminder this playoffs in Rinne and forward in Johansen. I would need Ryan to heat up and produce every game vs the Pens. Playing with Brassard and Stone though, I believe opportunities will come at a premium for Bobby. Would need Anaheim to beat Nashville. Either way, hopefully I pull it off as I believe my team would be the 1st to advance to the Cup finals with one player lol

The Philadelphia Flyers are also looking to shore up out goaltending. With Vas we feel we have a great starter! Varly can be great to, but only if that avs team turns it around. Sounds like he is being protected irl as well. Can package him with some assets for anyone looking for a goalie

TSN 1040 4:27pm May 15

Sekeres: And now we come to the latest topic at hand, the rumblings coming from Vancouver. 

Price: Yes, and we have GM Stamkos to give us the insight needed to shed light on this situation.

Stamkos: Hello guys, thank you for having me.

Sekeres: Were happy to have you. Now, what immediately went through your mind when you got bounced in the first round?

Stamkos: Well obviously I was disappointed. I thought we had a strong team but we just couldn't keep up with the Kings, who definitely have a great group or they wouldn't have made it.

Price: Are you considering a rebuild, retool or going hard for the playoffs next year? 

Stamkos: Nobody ever goes into the season saying that they want to tank. We're going to evaluate our roster in the summer, look to the draft, and go from there. 

Price: Would that mean your rebuilding?

Stamkos: I never said that. We want to see how we perform in the fall. 

Sekeres: Well, obviously you've heard of the rumours of an iminent trade or two. Is this true?

Stamkos: A GMs job is to get their team to the playoffs and the cup. If that involves a trade, than I'll look into it. 

Price: Are you talking to any GMs at this time?

Stamkos: As I said. I want to get us to the playoffs. A GM is always talking to other GMs, though due to the lack of trades you don't see it much, but yes I am talking to others. 

Sekeres: You currently have an abundance of expansion draft eligible defensemen. What is your plan regarding that?

Stamkos: We currently have a few GMs interested, but nothing has caught our eye. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go in to the expansion draft with the same lineup as we do know. A trade with Vegas wouldn't be out of the question either.

Price: With TSN 1040 leaving and this likely being your last interview with us, is there anything you wish to say to the fans?

Stamkos: Yes. We wish to thank all the dedicated fans out there that follow us and the Canucks, and bid farewell to this atrocity of a sports station.

Archived