The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

I'm calling it now, Belleville for the 2014 memorial cup. I mean add a year to Jordan and Malcom Subban, as well as Brendan Gaunce and Zharkov - that's a pretty powerful team. Add in whatever rookies make the team combined with potential deadline acquisitions and I see them winning the OHL.

man gaunce continues to impress me. 2g 1a already tonight.

I'm calling it now, Belleville for the 2014 memorial cup. I mean add a year to Jordan and Malcom Subban, as well as Brendan Gaunce and Zharkov - that's a pretty powerful team. Add in whatever rookies make the team combined with potential deadline acquisitions and I see them winning the OHL.

I think they could take a run at it this year. Especially if Subban maintains his form.

They've also got guys like Graovac, Brassard, and Cramarossa, who are great young players.

Gaunce ended the night with 4 points by the way. 2 goals and 2 assists in his teams 6-2 win.

Yeah I agree, they are a step away now since they do have trouble scoring (Although getting Zharkov back will really help, solid 3rd pick by EDM btw, kinda jealous)

Once there younger guys develop more they should be good to go with solid goaltending and a solid defensive system.

I think they could take a run at it this year. Especially if Subban maintains his form.

They've also got guys like Graovac, Brassard, and Cramarossa, who are great young players.

Gaunce ended the night with 4 points by the way. 2 goals and 2 assists in his teams 6-2 win.

I think they will need more scoring,I do notice from the highlights that Cramarossa and Brassard are both pretty good, I think Kutpsov will have to step up and produce more, then Gaunce, Zharkov and some of the guys you mentioned will have to carry the team offensively, you can see they are getting there though, and they will always be a dangerous playoff team with a goalie like Subban.

Also nice to see Gaunce racking up the points, re-assures us that we got lucky that Gaunce fell to us at 26.

• Upvote 1

Yep, I could actually see the Bulls making a run at the Memorial Cup this season, let alone next season. Graovac was a fantastic addition to the forward core and if tonight is any indication, he'll complete a pretty good top line in Graovac - Gaunce - Brassard. The 3 of them combined for 4 of the Bulls' 6 goals tonight and had 4 points each.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Gaunce already has 15 goals and is only 3 points off PPG, and also is an even player finally, that Graovac addition was outstanding, I have a feeling they are both going to light it up the rest of the year.

We should make a deal with the Wild to acquire him ;)

Raymond, Ballard, Luongo and a 1st!!!!

*^^^^ Sarcasm ^^^^*

I'm down for Graovac, despite the last name he's a good Canadian kid. I don't know how big Minny is him, as he is a 7th rounder. If we were to maybe send Cannata their way we could acquire him. Minny could use a goaltending prospect.

Don, is that you? ;)

I wouldn't give up Cannata though... we kind of need him in the system.

Don, is that you? ;)

I wouldn't give up Cannata though... we kind of need him in the system.

Ya, Cannata hasn't had a fair shake with the Wolves yet. I'm a big fan of his potential, especially with what he did in Merrimack (sp?). That being said, we are pretty deep and comfortable in goal, barring Lack's hip healing up. I really think we should go after Bartosak in this next draft, he was great in the WJC, and named CHL goaltender of the week twice already this season. He would easily trump Honzik in our goaltending depth.

What would you give up for Graovac, considering the WIld have strong prospects at forward and D?

Ya, Cannata hasn't had a fair shake with the Wolves yet. I'm a big fan of his potential, especially with what he did in Merrimack (sp?). That being said, we are pretty deep and comfortable in goal, barring Lack's hip healing up. I really think we should go after Bartosak in this next draft, he was great in the WJC, and named CHL goaltender of the week twice already this season. He would easily trump Honzik in our goaltending depth.

What would you give up for Graovac, considering the WIld have strong prospects at forward and D?

Considering this is the first season where Graovac's been over PPG, I'm not sure we should be rushing to acquire this guy. I hope he does well with Gaunce on the top line, but I don't think he's a 4 point-a-game player all of a sudden. Definitely someone to keep an eye out for though in future.

I'm down for Graovac, despite the last name he's a good Canadian kid. I don't know how big Minny is him, as he is a 7th rounder. If we were to maybe send Cannata their way we could acquire him. Minny could use a goaltending prospect.

Minny could use a goaltending prospect? I don't think so. They have a tandem in the NHL that will still be successful for a few years yet in Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding. In the AHL they have a very talented tandem in Matt Hackett (3-6, 2.38 GAA, .921 Save% in his NHL stint last season) and Darcy Kuemper. Beyond that, they've got last year's World Junior gold medal winning goalie Johan Gustafsson and a solid American prospect in Steve Michalek.

In short, I think the Canucks need Cannata more than the Wild. My hope is that he'll gradually take over the starter's role in the AHL this season or sometime next season and spend several years at that level developing, much like how Schneider's career path unfolded.

As Nucks fan stated above they don't really need a goaltending prospect.

Still would be nice to get him, wonder what they would want.