The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Seeing guys like O'Reilly and Skinner make the jump and be effective as 18/19 yr olds proves time and time again that you never know what your going to get if you simply plug them into place and let them find their groove. Our system seems like to let a player play in any development system so long as it seems to save us money and contract length.... Thus risking irking said player and risk having him demand a trade a la Hodgson.

So you're saying a multimillion dollar franchise has to be accountable, and appeasable to 19 y/o's with talent?

If MG was the least bit vindictive Cody 'buttboy' Hodgson would be spending time with the Wolves now.

-----

To your point, it's not a matter of plug and play with young players, it's a matter of developing them within your system. I'd far rather have a player make his first impact at 22 as opposed to 18/19, as they would have adapted to our system and know how to play pro hockey.

Anyone can bring up the example of Jeff Skinner, because it is so cut and dry, but what about the case of Cam Fowler - a guy who was dominant his rookie year, but has all of 8 points this year and a collective -60 for his 3 year NHL career.

The Canucks are in the process of developing players, not breaking them.

Guest Gumballthechewy

A few people that follow the OHL like Jeff Marek said he was the steal of the draft.

From what I've seen and heard of him I believe that.

Anyone can bring up the example of Jeff Skinner, because it is so cut and dry, but what about the case of Cam Fowler - a guy who was dominant his rookie year, but has all of 8 points this year and a collective -60 for his 3 year NHL career.

The Canucks are in the process of developing players, not breaking them.

Sophmore slumps... Something which you cant teach a player to get out of. He has to learn how to deal with, adapt to and progress. After which makes him better and more developed.

As for Cody, i dont care what they say.... Cody for Kassian is still a bust. Shoulda just GAVE Cody the ice time he needed. Look how good he is now. Kesler wasnt playing to potential and he eve knew it. Heaven forbid Cody became the de-facto #2 center until Kesler came back. And when he did, heaven forbid Kesler picks up 3rd line shut down role.... Speaking from a "team player" mentality. I understant what Gillis was looking for when he got Kassian but he has been nothing short of a meat head....

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the center position with both Gaunce and Schroeder. I'd love to keep both and move one to the wing. Gaunce is more comfortable with that transition anyways as he is called upon to do it for the Bulls.

The game last night should have had a more dominant final score. Gaunce alone had two really close posts in the first half of the game. I fully expect him to come out and have another fantastic game. If the Bulls end up making it passed this round and London, I could see him landing playoff MVP.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the center position with both Gaunce and Schroeder. I'd love to keep both and move one to the wing. Gaunce is more comfortable with that transition anyways as he is called upon to do it for the Bulls.

Gaunce-Schroeder-Kassian

:bigblush:

Some of us don't have TVs.

And if I'm reading the scoresheet on the OHL website correctly, Graovac did not dress?

What's the news with him? That hurts Belleville quite a bit. The bulk of offense now lies on Gaunce.

Then you won't be likely to find a stream of a nationally televised game. It's been near impossible to get streams for anything but the NHL after the lockout.

But as for Grayovac, the announcers mentioned they only found out just Friday morning he wouldn't skate, but they didn't really elaborate. I don't know that I heard of anything he carried over from the last series, so perhaps it was an accident at practice?

I just got tickets to the Barrie Colts vs Belleville Bulls game 3 playoff match. I will post again here tomorrow with my take on the play of our Brendan Gaunce. Stats have shown he has been a great performer so far!

Awesome! Lucky you're able to see our prospects in action... Can't wait until the Wolves are in Abbotsford (hopefully).

Awesome! Lucky you're able to see our prospects in action... Can't wait until the Wolves are in Abbotsford (hopefully).

You mean the Rivermen (or whatever they will be called next year) as the wolves are no longer our affiliate.

Guest Dasein

That's great to here. Huge boost having Graovac back in the lineup.

Look for Gaunce and Graovac to light up the Colts tonight!

Take the series in 5!!!