The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Horvat is gonna be a great 2nd liner with a great two way game. He'll take his time to reach the top 6 time, but when he is age 26 he will become one the of the top two way players in the league.

That's one of the most specific predictions I've ever seen.

I hope you're right, but no one can pretend to know what kind of player he'll become right now.

Edited by DeNiro

I predict Horvat will become a Calder trophy nominated in the future next season or the season after...

lol imagine if Gaunce, Horvat and Shinkaruk win it consecutively haha. Jensen has a good chance if he makes it this season.

Guest Dasein

I love Horvats extras. Sounds like he will do anything to win. Think he will be Captain this year?

London? Yeah it's gotta be him.

Playoffs made him look like a man among boys in junior after just turning 18. He's going to be scary to deal with when he continues to improve his skating and explosiveness.

September can't come soon enough! Hopefully some of the tourny games are televised on Sportsnet again or streamed through the Canucks youtube channel.

Guest Dasein

Just read that 30 and 30 topic in canucks talk and gillis singles out Horvat. the way he worded it makes it seem as though he's got a very good chance of making the team. Very interesting

Maybe someone asked about him...

I can definetly see Horvat becoming a bona fide second liner/borderline first liner. If Shinkaruk can put on a couple inches and 20 or so pounds over the next couple of years then our future is looking brighter than ever.

I think the advantage Bo has is that he can excel on the wing, as well as center. He's excellent on faceoffs.

I want to believe that this kid can someday become our #1 or #2 centre but I'm not entirely sold on his stats in junior. He is less than a point per game in the OHL in his second year where players such as Cody Hodgson was greater than point per game in his second year in the OHL. I realize that stats aren't everything and that the playoffs were much better for Horvat where he was playoff MVP. I also realize that Bo Horvat supposedly played tougher minutes against opposing top lines. This is why I believe Gillis selected him. To basically grow as a shut down centre and eventually gain enough confidence and skill to supplant the #2 or #1 spot in the future. To me he is a pretty safe pick to play in the NHL but with potential to still be an effective point producer if he pans out.

I feel like he is a faster and stronger skating Ryan O'Reilly of the Colorado avalanche.

-Strong work ethic

-Great hockey sense and 2 way play

-Not overly physical (in terms of throwing hits)

-Similar junior numbers in the same league

-Similar physical traits

I've seen enough of O'Reilly the last few years to say that I would be really happy if Horvat turned into a player of this mold.

I recall Kesler was not that outstanding in his early career, but did spend a year ( lockout year ) in the AHL and then subsequently came on in leaps and bounds. The problem is with the reduced Cap teams need players on ELC to balance their salaries. Some rookies will suffer as a result, boys playing a mans game. For insatnce I'm starting to look at Edmonton and wonder if there's a down side to rushing players to soon

I recall Kesler was not that outstanding in his early career, but did spend a year ( lockout year ) in the AHL and then subsequently came on in leaps and bounds. The problem is with the reduced Cap teams need players on ELC to balance their salaries. Some rookies will suffer as a result, boys playing a mans game. For insatnce I'm starting to look at Edmonton and wonder if there's a down side to rushing players to soon

There definitely is. Look at Columbus the past 10 years or so. But these teams see the marketing side of top picks rather than seeing the big picture and properly developing the guys.

Was really disappointed with this pick. The Canucks need a highly skilled, big prospect and it would have been wise to choose Nichushkin. Horvat will likely be a Sami Pahlsson in his prime type guy and Shinkaruk will likely be Mason Raymond. They needed a big skilled powerforward this draft and they didn't act on it.

Was really disappointed with this pick. The Canucks need a highly skilled, big prospect and it would have been wise to choose Nichushkin. Horvat will likely be a Sami Pahlsson in his prime type guy and Shinkaruk will likely be Mason Raymond. They needed a big skilled powerforward this draft and they didn't act on it.

Horvat is 18 years old listed as 6' and 206 Lbs. By the time he is 20 and playing on the 2nd line for the Canucks he will likely be

6'1" and 215 or better, just look at him the kid has Big bones.

That qualifies as a power forward and he did outscore Nichushkin in the playoffs and was much better defensively by all accounts.