The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Horvat needs another T/C and some AHL time before mking the Canucks. I don't think he'll be NHL ready in sept but another year in JR wont do much for his development either. Its gonna be interesting to see what mgmnt does with him

What does T/C mean?

Horvat needs another T/C and some AHL time before mking the Canucks. I don't think he'll be NHL ready in sept but another year in JR wont do much for his development either. Its gonna be interesting to see what mgmnt does with him

If Monahan can make the team in his first year, there's no reason why Horvat can't in his second. There's nothing left for him in the OHL, so that's pointless. He's physically ready, and this team will need youth
  • Upvote 1

Guest Dasein

D Sedin - H Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Jensen - Matthias - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Dalpe

Schroeder

If we keep Ryan Kesler, there is no room for Horvat to slot in next season because he sure isn't knocking Matthias off the 3rd line, and he's not playing on Tort's "5-minute" 4th line. IF we trade Kesler, I would like to see us get a legitimate scoring winger which we have none of, now that D Sedin can't seem to score. So even if we do trade Kesler, we'll have a hard roster to crack. And don't forget we have Shinkaruk also who can take a roster spot.

Edited by Dasein

Schroeder

If we keep Ryan Kesler, there is no room for Horvat to slot in next season because he sure isn't knocking Matthias off the 3rd line, and he's not playing on Tort's "5-minute" 4th line. IF we trade Kesler, I would like to see us get a legitimate scoring winger which we have none of, now that D Sedin can't seem to score. So even if we do trade Kesler, we'll have a hard roster to crack. And don't forget we have Shinkaruk also who can take a roster spot.

That's if Torts is here next season. The fact that this team is failing like this is a sign of Torts losing the room already. Long contract, but if they keep losing like this, he will lose more than 8 mil from that contract!!!

Schroeder

If two years ago our C depth included Hank, Kes, Mathias, Santorelli, Richardson, Schroeder, Horvat, and Gaunce, I would have been very happy.

Schroeder

D Sedin - H Sedin - Matthias

Higgins - Kesler - Jensen

Burrows - Horvat - Kassian

Sestito - Richardson - Hansen

There's plenty of room for Hansen if Shawn Matthias could play wing for the Sedins'. And why not, a big strong guy with good hands.

This would then leave the future of this team to start developing together in Horvat and Kassian

That's if Torts is here next season. The fact that this team is failing like this is a sign of Torts losing the room already. Long contract, but if they keep losing like this, he will lose more than 8 mil from that contract!!!

Torts lost the room? It's pretty stupid to put the blame on the coach.

He was doing a great job up until his team turned into a collective bunch of 4th line plugs who don't know how to score.

If Monahan can make the team in his first year, there's no reason why Horvat can't in his second. There's nothing left for him in the OHL, so that's pointless. He's physically ready, and this team will need youth

The difference is Calgary could give him top 6 minutes, Horvat will start on our third line most likely unless we have a huge change of heart and core in the off season. Any player breaking in to the league on a top 6 role will look good for a rookie, or at least should

The difference is Calgary could give him top 6 minutes, Horvat will start on our third line most likely unless we have a huge change of heart and core in the off season. Any player breaking in to the league on a top 6 role will look good for a rookie, or at least should

exactly what i'm thinking they should do. at least give him third line minutes, and work him into a pp unit. he could even play wing

I think Bo will spend some time in the AHL until he's adjusted to playing against men. I can see him solidifying the 3rd line; centering Matthias and Kassian. The following season, he will probably make the jump to the second line.

Of course, all of this will depend on trades and UFA's in the offseason, but it certainly looks like Bo will not benefit from staying another year in Jrs.

I think Bo will spend some time in the AHL until he's adjusted to playing against men. I can see him solidifying the 3rd line; centering Matthias and Kassian. The following season, he will probably make the jump to the second line.

Of course, all of this will depend on trades and UFA's in the offseason, but it certainly looks like Bo will not benefit from staying another year in Jrs.

It's either Jrs or NHL next year.

So he can't adjust in the AHL unless he stays in JR for 14/15.