The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Well not a ton of players develop into stars after the top of the first round, its more of a crap shoot, but....

Here is a list of some of our undrafted signings and later round signings.

Its as good as any other teams and better than most.

There are 30 teams in the league why don't you pick out your 5 favorites and give us a list of their later round picks.

I am telling you there is nothing wrong with our scouts.

The only thing wrong here is the crybabies that call themselves fans.

Alex Burrows

Eddie Lack

Jannik Hansen

Alexander Edler

Mason Raymond

Kevin Connauton

Peter Andersson

Joe Cannata

Frankie Corrado

Jordan Subban

Cole Cassels

Dane Fox

Mike Brown

Cheers

Go Canucks :towel:

Those are all players who were not first rounders! Nice! I don't know why I decided to reply or quote you, must have said something stupid and then edited the comment to cover the fact that I made a post that embarrased myself. Neat!

Edited by Roflcawptur

Well not a ton of players develop into stars after the top of the first round, its more of a crap shoot, but....

Here is a list of some of our undrafted signings and later round signings.

Its as good as any other teams and better than most.

There are 30 teams in the league why don't you pick out your 5 favorites and give us a list of their later round picks.

I am telling you there is nothing wrong with our scouts.

The only thing wrong here is the crybabies that call themselves fans.

Alex Burrows

Eddie Lack

Jannik Hansen

Alexander Edler

Mason Raymond

Kevin Connauton

Peter Andersson

Joe Cannata

Frankie Corrado

Jordan Subban

Cole Cassels

Dane Fox

Mike Brown

Cheers

Go Canucks :towel:

Our drafting is average...1. 5 per year is good.

The biggest problem is not our scouts its our managements inability to evaluate talent, development and philosophy.

Under Nonis we had a good drafting crop....outside of the disastrous P.White, Ellington year that is. His undoing is picking up players like Noronen, Weinrich and Smolinski and paying heavily in 2nd and 3rd rounders which are the very rounds players like Lucic, Simmonds, Subban, Krecji, Dubinsky and Letang were being plucked.

Enter Gillis....Bernier, Ballard, Roy, Pahlsson which cost us chances at Henrique, Holtby, Coyle, Etem, M.Reinhart and Cousins.

A philosophy of not drafting westerners because he feels like he can just sign them later as UFA's. Not a completely flawed view but not heavily scouting our own backyard may of cost us players like Benn, Gallagher, J.Schultz, T.Barrie and Severson.

Add to that a flawed minor league system for a couple seasons and we have some serious voids in our pipeline of talent.

Our scouts are OK but not great. Ok doesnt win cups.

Our drafting is average...1. 5 per year is good.

The biggest problem is not our scouts its our managements inability to evaluate talent, development and philosophy.

Under Nonis we had a good drafting crop....outside of the disastrous P.White, Ellington year that is. His undoing is picking up players like Noronen, Weinrich and Smolinski and paying heavily in 2nd and 3rd rounders which are the very rounds players like Lucic, Simmonds, Subban, Krecji, Dubinsky and Letang were being plucked.

Enter Gillis....Bernier, Ballard, Roy, Pahlsson which cost us chances at Henrique, Holtby, Coyle, Etem, M.Reinhart and Cousins.

A philosophy of not drafting westerners because he feels like he can just sign them later as UFA's. Not a completely flawed view but not heavily scouting our own backyard may of cost us players like Benn, Gallagher, J.Schultz, T.Barrie and Severson.

Add to that a flawed minor league system for a couple seasons and we have some serious voids in our pipeline of talent.

Our scouts are OK but not great. Ok doesnt win cups.

Very well said I couldn't agree more, I think Benning will be able to help us tremendously to draft better in the future!

Edited by Razors_Edge

ready for tomorrow's game... this is off-topic, but i don't know where else to post it. talked to some nice fans from vancouver at the game tonight. always nice!

also, ran into this guy. he looked lonely, and nobody was with him or talking to him. felt bad!

wh1jdw.jpg

• Upvote 2

ready for tomorrow's game... this is off-topic, but i don't know where else to post it. talked to some nice fans from vancouver at the game tonight. always nice!

also, ran into this guy. he looked lonely, and nobody was with him or talking to him. felt bad!

wh1jdw.jpg

Way to Rep the Canucks :towel:

#NuckNation

Knights packed it in for the 3rd period. Usually doesn't work that way, but i guess in bizarro world..

It all comes down to one thing. Selfishness. The key players didn't show up, most notably Domi. When all the wheels don't work together, none of them will work at all. Anderson was pretty much the only one who was noticeable. Anytime they got something going, poor communication and selfish play just through it right off. Sad, and frustrating. I've enjoyed Bo in London, but i'm looking forward to seeing him in Vancouver next year. I'm confident of that.

I'm not in as much of a panic as some seem to be to get Bo into the big club, but I can't help but wonder whether or not we will ever see him with the Canucks. One of the by-products of a change in management is a change in playing style. Who's to say Benning doesn't decide that the only marketable assets we have in order to get "his kind" of players are Bo and Hunter. I certainly hope we keep Bo, he may not be ticking all the boxes yet but I see loads of potential there.

If 7/10 of last years draft picks were able to play in the NHL, there is absolutely NO reason why Horvat (after spending another year in Jr) should not be able to spend the season with Vancouver. There is nothing for him to be gained with spending another year in London.

I fully expect him to be on our starting roster. 2nd line C. Full time. Sink or Swim. Kesler traded.

Pretty sad London's overall performance, for the whole teami was really expecting

Them

To win this year, wanted to see more

From bo as well, he did generate quite a few chances it was too bad he didn't bury them

Tho

If 7/10 of last years draft picks were able to play in the NHL, there is absolutely NO reason why Horvat (after spending another year in Jr) should not be able to spend the season with Vancouver. There is nothing for him to be gained with spending another year in London.

I fully expect him to be on our starting roster. 2nd line C. Full time. Sink or Swim. Kesler traded.

Yea if he's in London again I've lost faith in the Canucks.

I'm not in as much of a panic as some seem to be to get Bo into the big club, but I can't help but wonder whether or not we will ever see him with the Canucks. One of the by-products of a change in management is a change in playing style. Who's to say Benning doesn't decide that the only marketable assets we have in order to get "his kind" of players are Bo and Hunter. I certainly hope we keep Bo, he may not be ticking all the boxes yet but I see loads of potential there.

Worst post ever? Might be.