The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

No need to rush Horvat right now. Even if we do suffer an injury to either Vey or Matthias... Richardson will clearly jump into that role. If Henrik or Bonino go down, I suspect Vey would get the bump up the roster. So the real call is: Whats better for BoHo? Practicing and absorbing knowledge at the NHL level, or playing and teaching at the Junior level.... For me, I still think that just keeping him up with the big club, even with limited minutes and scratches is more beneficial for his development. The only thing hes got to learn from in Junior is his coaches. Here he has a boat load of knowledge to pull from. Even just getting to know his teammates, watching the Sedins lead, learning "what it takes" to be a real pro... Those are things he wont get if he's sent down.

Still think they should trade Hansen for a 3rd if possible and get Jensen into the lineup. Your not sacrificing any speed with this move, and youre adding scoring depth. Hansen looks lost on this roster.... he was horrid vs Calgary, and invisible vs Edmonton. Almost time to make the roster space for a young replacement.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Jensen

Higgins Vey Kassian

Richardson Matthias Dorsett

Horvat

Sestito

No need to rush Horvat right now. Even if we do suffer an injury to either Vey or Matthias... Richardson will clearly jump into that role. If Henrik or Bonino go down, I suspect Vey would get the bump up the roster. So the real call is: Whats better for BoHo? Practicing and absorbing knowledge at the NHL level, or playing and teaching at the Junior level.... For me, I still think that just keeping him up with the big club, even with limited minutes and scratches is more beneficial for his development. The only thing hes got to learn from in Junior is his coaches. Here he has a boat load of knowledge to pull from. Even just getting to know his teammates, watching the Sedins lead, learning "what it takes" to be a real pro... Those are things he wont get if he's sent down.

Still think they should trade Hansen for a 3rd if possible and get Jensen into the lineup. Your not sacrificing any speed with this move, and youre adding scoring depth. Hansen looks lost on this roster.... he was horrid vs Calgary, and invisible vs Edmonton. Almost time to make the roster space for a young replacement.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Jensen

Higgins Vey Kassian

Horvat

Sestito

Why would you split up Higgins, Burrows, and Bonino when they seem to be starting to click?

• Upvote 2

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Jensen

Higgins Vey Kassian

Horvat

Sestito

I agree

Trade Hansen, but if Dorsett gets a 3rd from NYR and Garrison gets a 2nd from TB, I would hope for something like a 3rd+ a 4th or 5th, but I would do the trade for a 3rd

And I get that its only been a s few pre season and 2 season games where Hansen has been crap, but does he really offer so much that it is worth returning Bo to Jr. CoHo wasn't half the defensive or responsible player Bo is and we still kept him for most of a season as a 4th liner before he broke out the next year.

I wouldn't move Jensen up, I would insert Horvat, move Matthias to the wing and give Horavt a good look for 9 games. If he does well, keep him and you can always lone him to Team Canada for WJC. I would bring up Jensen when the first injury strikes

Edited by L. Stanley

Hansen just needs a change of scenery, we have no room for him in our lineup even if he was playing decent, and his value just continues to dwindle with him playing 4th line minutes & not impacting games at all.

Dorsett has been better than him. And that's who he's competing with IMO.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

The thing with Hansen is he plays better in a very structured enviroment, Willie D is more of the type to let guys be creative inside of a system. Hansen doesn't fit that mold as well, he's better when you give him direct instructions because he's had that for a long time. I think Willie is a good enough coach to recognize this and will start giving Hansen some more direct instructions, and we will see that Honey Badger back in form.

Side note Bo should be getting some time in a week with the back to back games, as well as LACK!!!

Can't wait for that swedish chef to serve up some brick walls

Edited by Derp...

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Jensen

Higgins Vey Kassian

Horvat

Sestito

That is a solid looking, high scoring lineup!

I would have Horvat in for Matthias though, Horvat can pass and shoot with more accuracy, win more faceoffs and have a much better giveaway to takeaway ratio.

Having Matthias and Sestito as extra's is slightly better then Hansen and Sestito but maybe Sestito should go?

Sestito will be sent down before we trad hansen who has skill,faster and more grit then most on the team,all you haters will see that hansen has to stay as he is in the prime of his career ,less we trade him with a bigger deal he will be a canucks come playoff time!

Again if Hansen is still expendable at the trade deadline that would be the time to do it.

We may have 3 or 4 forwards out with injuries at that time and if we don't his trade value would be as high as it's going to get.

Package him up with Markstrom and/or Matthias and go for a 2nd rounder plus?

The best time to trade Hansen is as soon as he will waive his No trade.

Like I said his trade value will continue to dwindle and if he doesn't pick up his game significantly, if he has another subpar season, and doesn't pick up his play to that of atleast a decent third liner by the trade deadline we might have to use assets to get rid of him (cap dump).

He can still be a good player, I just don't know if he's a guy that will be able to flourish in this new environment like the others because in large part to the logjam of players we have in the bottom 6/bottom 9.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Sestito will be sent down before we trad hansen who has skill,faster and more grit then most on the team,all you haters will see that hansen has to stay as he is in the prime of his career ,less we trade him with a bigger deal he will be a canucks come playoff time!

Sheesh.....if this is his prime, I'd hate to see him in the decline years.

People...read my lips....er words... NO ONE has to be sent down.

Benning said we are going to go with 14 forwards and 7 defensemen so 2 forwards and 1 defenseman sit in the press box every game. When injuries come these extras play.

We are down to that number now, no trade needed.

Hansen's value could hardly fall lower and teams may be desperate for grit come the trade deadline so Sestito or Hansen can be moved for more then.

A question to the people who want to trade Hansen and thinks he needs a change of scenery.

Why draft picks? Why not a hockey trade for a C (if possible) or a LW that can play in the bottom 6 now?

Chances are, a 3rd or 4th round pick (what Hansen is probably worth) is likely not going to be much better than Hansen in the future - so why not make a hockey trade to bolster the roster?

• Upvote 2

A question to the people who want to trade Hansen and thinks he needs a change of scenery.

Why draft picks? Why not a hockey trade for a C (if possible) or a LW that can play in the bottom 6 now?

Chances are, a 3rd or 4th round pick (what Hansen is probably worth) is likely not going to be much better than Hansen in the future - so why not make a hockey trade to bolster the roster?

You clear a spot for a rookie with a draft pick trade

cap space for when that right shot PMD becomes available, lol, plus we are full of average to above average prospects and bottom six players and you need to clear the way for youth to come in and be given chances to gain experience and make an impact.

You clear a spot for a rookie with a draft pick trade

I think that would make sense only when a prospect proves to be ready. Jensen has yet to put up points consistently in the AHL (like Vey did before making the jump with us this year) and Shinkaruk is still too raw and need seasoning. I think the trade for a draft pick is only justified in a case where an injury occurs, then we call a prospect up who proves ready, and then we move Hansen when the injured player is ready to return.

cap space for when that right shot PMD becomes available, lol, plus we are full of average to above average prospects and bottom six players and you need to clear the way for youth to come in and be given chances to gain experience and make an impact.

Making cap space for a PMD can be done very easily with a cap dump just before making the trade. No reason to get rid of a solid roster player right now just in case there is a PMD available some time this season.

Our prospects aren't ready either - so making a trade for a draft pick doesn't make sense at this point.

Maybe at the trade deadline or near the new year.

So is this still Bo Horvat talk?

No sorry. Just curious why people wanted to trade Hansen so much for a draft pick.

Back to Bo - I am really excited to see him in a regular season game. Probably next Friday vs EDM.

Horvat.

I would look to move him for some more defensive depth, but it all depends, you have to see whats out there, I just think moving Hansen is something we should look at, whether its a pick (wouldn't be too bad) or else another player of his caliber at a different position.

The other thing is though, say we get a 3rd and/or a 4th out of a Hansen trade, those are assets we could use in another deal to get a depth roster player if need be.

So is this still Bo Horvat talk?

Yes because its about moving another player to make room for Horvat on the team, who has earned it with his pre-season play IMO.

It's more about moving a player so that Jensen or Shinkaruk, etc. can come up when they are hot.

That is all about timing, if one of them is lighting it up, then see what you can get for forward #14 which is Hansen or Sestito.

Trade deadline line up being about what a lot of us thought:

Sedins / Vrbata

Jensen / Bonnino / Burrows

Higgins / Horvat / Vey or Kassian

Richardson / Matthias or Vey / Kassian or Dorsett

Dorsett and Sestito or Hansen as the 13th and 14th forward.

The bottom 2 forwards would get the tougher games, taking Vey, Jensen or Matthias out, basically a rotating bottom 5 for 3 spots.

Some one would have to go then, unless we have a man down for long term injury.