The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

34 minutes ago, SpennyCanuck said:

Who do you think Bo play's with next year?

How many points do you think he can get? 

I think he is going to be put in a defensive role and his line mates will be Gaunce and Etem. He will still get his 45 - 50 points though.

37 minutes ago, SpennyCanuck said:

WD says it is better for Horvat to play with defensive wingers and that it was taking him away from his game to play with Baertschi/Vrbata.  

I see his most likely linemates as Etem, Dorsett, Gaunce maybe Hansen and Rodin.  Not Baertschi re above and not Virtanen either as WD said a couple of times that he liked Virtanen with Granlund - re also comments by Benning on teams using the 4th line to develop top-9 players.  

I hope he can maintain about 40-45 pts and reach 20 goals.

23 hours ago, mll said:

WD says it is better for Horvat to play with defensive wingers and that it was taking him away from his game to play with Baertschi/Vrbata.  

I see his most likely linemates as Etem, Dorsett, Gaunce maybe Hansen and Rodin.  Not Baertschi re above and not Virtanen either as WD said a couple of times that he liked Virtanen with Granlund - re also comments by Benning on teams using the 4th line to develop top-9 players.  

That would definitely be ideal! 

unfortunately It looks like he may be forced to stick to the same role since the canucks are in desperate need of secondary scoring and he would be the best option (currently).

Do you think Sutter would be better suited for the more offensive role? because it will have to be one of the two (Currently...). 

23 hours ago, mll said:

Man I remember the heated debate about using the 4th line for development(I agree 100% with and have been wanting this for years) and or as a grinder line. So many on here where writing" you can not put skill players on the 4th line it a waste " " the fourth line is for toughness and grit". 

On June 13, 2016 at 4:47 PM, SpennyCanuck said:

Easily 55+. I'm gonna be specific and say 58.

Hopefully the Bae/Bo pairing reemerges, but Bae/Granny have had chemistry on prior lines so we'll see. He's looked good with Hansen in the past; I'd like to see that again. He'll likely play with Etem though.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:11 PM, bubbaCHUCK said:

im still waiting to see longer effective shifts from him. especially in the o-zone, want to see better forechecking and causing turnovers for scoring chances.

idk if it's just me seeing this, but does'nt he look slow after like 10 seconds on the ice? for a 20 year old i find it kinda odd.

f.y.i. i like the guy. just pointing out some weaknesses.

he also overplays the puck too much in both zones. thats why his +/- is terrible. needs to skate where the puck is going to be and not where it is all the time.

he has a nice slapshot. needs someone to play with that will set him up often. (give and go type of player)

Get the hell out here with this crap

Bo was awesome last year, I don't care what anyone says.

Almost everyone goes through a sophomore slump. During his, he was asked to play a 2nd line shut-down role.

Which he did to the best of his ability. Halfway through the season his offense picked up. Around the same time Beartschi's and Virtanen's did.

Bo more than doubled his point output. He got a few more goals but I believe that's just the beginning.

He can easily be a 20+ goal scorer every single year.

With Sutter back in the lineup his PK minutes will dwindle but I believe his PP2 minutes will stay the same. Him & Baert will face better matchups. I can't wait.

16 hours ago, SpennyCanuck said:

That would definitely be ideal! 

unfortunately It looks like he may be forced to stick to the same role since the canucks are in desperate need of secondary scoring and he would be the best option (currently).

Do you think Sutter would be better suited for the more offensive role? because it will have to be one of the two (Currently...). 

Sounds like Horvat will keep the same role - D-zone starts against the scoring lines - but this time around with defensive wingers.  There should be less pressure to produce and he won't be forcing his offence, which was something WD was worried about when he was playing with Baertschi/Vrbata. 

As for Sutter, he'll be getting the offensive opportunities - he has to put up points (re being called a foundational player and Bonino doing well).  Media is really building up expectations on him to produce as a C2 with Kuzma even calling him a prime playmaker...

14 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Easily 55+. I'm gonna be specific and say 58.

Hopefully the Bae/Bo pairing reemerges, but Bae/Granny have had chemistry on prior lines so we'll see. He's looked good with Hansen in the past; I'd like to see that again. He'll likely play with Etem though.

I like the optimism, but even with sheltered minutes, I don't think he'll hit 55+. I'll be glad if he does, but I'd be happy to see him hit around 45 and really establish himself as a 40+ pt. player with good two way play. Hope he erases some of his  negative +/- next year. 

24 minutes ago, suitup said:

Sorry it was supposed to be more like "Anybody also check out his PIMS?" 

But yeah, pretty low PIMS I thought!

Oh my bad. But yeah if he could in 3-4 years time be getting 65+ and being a defensive beast while keeping his PIMS low I could totally see it

3 hours ago, suitup said:

Sorry it was supposed to be more like "Anybody also check out his PIMS?" 

But yeah, pretty low PIMS I thought!

Not only that - but also one of the best differentials on the team - 2nd to Baertschi.  They both draw more penalties than they take.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

Not only that - but also one of the best differentials on the team - 2nd to Baertschi.  They both draw more penalties than they take.

Although I don't know the stats (maybe you can check that for me?) I thought Etem drew quite a lot himself too.

A line of Baertschi Horvat and Etem would make an incredible speedy penalty drawing line.

It would definitely be a line that compliments each other well. (WestCoast...?)

Edited by suitup

2 hours ago, suitup said:

Although I don't know the stats (maybe you can check that for me?) I thought Etem drew quite a lot himself too.

A line of Baertschi Horvat and Etem would make an incredible speedy penalty drawing line.

It would definitely be a line that compliments each other well. (WestCoast...?)

There you go:

Etem drew 5 minor penalties for 2 taken (he also had a major for fighting) - so differential of 3 x 2min.   

Baertschi's differential is 10 x 2min and Horvat's is 7 x 2min in favour of the Canucks.

• Upvote 1